2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats in being back at it! I certainly go through stretches where I'm not working out like I should or want to. I've been mostly off my bike for 3 months so it's time for me to start up again.

Thanks dude! Yup life gets in the way sometimes, but I know I need to make time for it. Good luck when you get back out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do. You are doing great. Running 80 miles so far this month is great.

Thanks man! I'm trying streak running and so far it's working out. At least one mile a day. I'm at 25 days straight so far.

I might add in some more lower back stuff to even it out - superman's or other light stuff. I know if I don't try to keep them even, my back acts up. Obviously be careful if that is what bothers you.

I'm getting treatment for my back right now and the doc said he would be introducing me to some new moves to strengthen the area around the disc so I'll be adding those in along with the bridges. Definitely taking it slow trying to avoid any setbacks.

I'm getting treatment for my back right now and the doc said he would be introducing me to some new moves to strengthen the area around the disc so I'll be adding those in along with the bridges. Definitely taking it slow trying to avoid any setbacks.

Awesome. Hope the treatment goes well!

Looking at my log. It's squats, bench presses and chins tonight.

Love me some cheat weekends.

Just finished today's workout:

4 sets bench press
3 sets incline bench
3 sets incline fly
3 sets cable crossovers
4 sets triceps pull down
3 sets lying triceps extensions
3 sets standing triceps extensions
4 sets seated calf raises
4 sets calf extensions on the leg press machine

Brutal workout.... but it has to be done.

Just finished today's workout:

4 sets bench press
3 sets incline bench
3 sets incline fly
3 sets cable crossovers
4 sets triceps pull down
3 sets lying triceps extensions
3 sets standing triceps extensions
4 sets seated calf raises
4 sets calf extensions on the leg press machine

Brutal workout.... but it has to be done.

JEEBUS!

How are you able to open a door after all that tricep work!

intresting that this tread is currently right under the double cheeseburger challange thread.

JEEBUS!

How are you able to open a door after all that tricep work!

It's extremely difficult for about an hour afterwards. It's a good thing that all I have to do is work a laser pointer after the workout.

On a side note: how many here use a pre-workout supplement? I used my last 2 scoops of the pre-ban Jack3d today and need a decent replacement.

It's extremely difficult for about an hour afterwards. It's a good thing that all I have to do is work a laser pointer after the workout.

On a side note: how many here use a pre-workout supplement? I used my last 2 scoops of the pre-ban Jack3d today and need a decent replacement.
I typically workout at 10:00pm or later. Pre-workout is a bad idea for me. I wish I had an answer for you.

I am currently using "C4" pre-workout. In the past, I've used NO Explode and Assault from Muscle Pharm.

In my opinion I felt that Assault drove me to work out harder. My next pre-workout after the C4 runs out will be the "Jym Pre Workout". From what I have read, it's really good. Let us know what you end up getting and how it works out.

I use Assault from Muscle Pharm. Big fan of their products.

I don't really use pre-workout because a) I often workout later in the day, and b) attempting a lot of compound & explosive lifts (overhead squats, clean & jerk, snatch, etc) with pre in my system is a recipe for disaster. Either I'll puke, or I'll adrenaline dump and just have nothing but nervous energy for the rest of the workout.

I'm using C4 right now, but have bounced back and forth between that and Assault from Musclepharm. I found that C4 gives me less of that beta-alanine tingle feeling but is still great as a pre-workout.

I don't really use pre-workout because a) I often workout later in the day, and b) attempting a lot of compound & explosive lifts (overhead squats, clean & jerk, snatch, etc) with pre in my system is a recipe for disaster. Either I'll puke, or I'll adrenaline dump and just have nothing but nervous energy for the rest of the workout.

I could imagine a big snatch overpull if you were all hepped up on pre-workout. Throw that bar right through the ceiling.

Wish there was a decent Gym nearby for me really want to lose a bit of weight.

My wife has been bugging me to help her work out at home because our daughter picks up illnesses very easily, and it seemed like any time we went to the gym and our daughter was in the child care she would end up sick a couple days later. We have an elliptical machine at home but she wanted more than that, so last week in purchased the T25 workout program. I knew it would be good for her, and it would give me time to get back into the gym and hit weights and then not have to invest a ton of time at home working out also.

I hit the weights pretty hard last year and packed on some good muscle, I actually gained 17 pounds and lost body fat and I'm a pretty lean guy to begin with. But ever since my vacation in October I haven't stepped foot in the gym other than handling orders for the supplement shop at the gym. I've lost 15 pounds since the end of October and I've been eating whatever I want...so its now time to hit the weights again and put some muscle back on and I think the T25 will really help me stay even leaner than before because its a pretty good cardio workout. Looking forward to seeing how the next 12 weeks goes and hopefully me helping my wife out will help her shed some of her post pregnancy weight that she has struggled to get off.

I use Assault from Muscle Pharm. Big fan of their products.

I have also used this. I enjoyed it but didn't buy anymore after I ran out. Really need to grab some more.

I use C4 as well. Since I workout at 6am before work I have found it to be super helpful, mainly in just waking me up.

I could imagine a big snatch overpull if you were all hepped up on pre-workout. Throw that bar right through the ceiling.

Yeah, but there's all the resetting and nervous twitching before I actually go for the pull. I don't mind pre-workout if all I'm going to do is power-lift or bodybuild...but it's just not worth it when I'm trying to do skill movements.

Depending on the volume and intensity of your weight lifting, you can do some walking for the cardio aspects (Testosterone Nation had an article about this not too long ago).
For "cardio", the rowing machine is good. Also swimming is really good for cardio. The crossfit guys will swear by the Airdyne.

Also looking for cardio ideas. I have two knee replacements and cannot run well outside. I am ok on treadmill but get bored. Used to do marathons and need the cardio to complement the weight training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back