2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

Congrats kang!!!

Picked up a dozen B330-RX yesterday. Playing a lot of golf this week, so looking forward to seeing how it performs after being mainly a Callaway SR2 and Chrome Soft player for the past couple of years. After listening to the THP Radio episode with Bridgestone, you can tell how passionate they are about this ball.

just some very initial thoughts, but i look forward to spending some time with these balls this weekend.

i bought a sleeve of rxs and took them to an artificial turf practice area. i was able to hit 7i into a net, pitch with my 60 and hit some putts.

off the irons, the rxs felt softer than the '16 cs. much preferred the rxs.

off pitches, the rxs seemed to have quite a bit more spin than the cs, a very good thing for me.

off the putter, the '16 cs is firmer than the '15 cs, but still softer than the rxs. but the rxs wasn't so firm and clicky that i disliked it, i just preferred the feel of the cs.

so 2/3 ain't bad, and some real on-the-course testing is to come.

i'm hoping my #ballerstatus b330-s come in this week so i can have those in play this weekend too.

Still waiting on weather to get out with my variety pack provided by THP and Bridgestone. But hearing reports in here makes me very excited. Going to go rx and rxs first, then b330 and b330s.

And also going to jump on a couple dozen B330 when they arrive at retail this week.

So happy with this ball and how it fits my game. I noticed the reduced spin off the driver for sure. The B330 RX is my ball now and in the future

I hacked this thing around the course yesterday and it performed all the way through it.

0951d09c8e212578f25ee0cbc40a8c2d.jpg

Had a little run in with a cart path haha

Dude, that is awesome! How does it feel? Were you just unconscious?
Round felt incredible. I was getting off the tee so well but irons were a bit of struggle. Got up and down all but 2 times. I was just in control of the game. This ball I believe had a lot to do with it. Long off the tee, great spin control greenside. I was able to make the ball check or run as I wanted

Thanks to Tadashi70, I'll be able to test the new RX and rxs once the weather gets nice!

CaptainC, I think you will like them. I have two rounds with them. One ball, 36 holes, still in good condition. I have drove the ball straight and gotten good distance. It also rolls nice off the putter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The 330RX jumps off the driver for me! Wow. Even the guys playing with me today said it looked like I was smoking it even more than usual. This ball is a winner!

The 330RX jumps off the driver for me! Wow. Even the guys playing with me today said it looked like I was smoking it even more than usual. This ball is a winner!

It holds greens too! Won $24 on Closest to pin yesterday at 10' and validated with the birdie.

JM

2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

quick disclaimer: i was not fit into the b330-rxs by b-fit online, and these are not the balls i was graciously awarded with my #ballerstatus

i'll hold out final judgment on the b330-rxs until i play some actual tee-to-green holes with them tomorrow, but it's not looking good. the feeling off the putter is about as close to a non-starter as i can get without immediately relegating the balls to the shag bag. i love ya bstone, but these feel like value balls off the putter. not as clicky as some of the worst i've played, but just as hard. they roll fine, but the feeling off the putter is not at all what i prefer, and that's a huge piece of the decision-making process for me.

i'll know for sure tomorrow, but right now i don't like the new b330-rxs because of the feeling off the putter. to be fair, i haven't played the rx for about a year and a half, so i'm not necessarily comparing the 2016 to the 2015.

Last edited:
There was not a 2015 ball. They change every 2 years, so the 2014 RX and now the current 2016 RX is being released.

quick disclaimer: i was not fit into the b330-rx by b-fit online, and these are not the balls i was graciously awarded with my #ballerstatus

i'll hold out final judgment on the b330-rx until i play some actual tee-to-green holes with them tomorrow, but it's not looking good. the feeling off the putter is about as close to a non-starter as i can get without immediately relegating the balls to the shag bag. i love ya bstone, but these feel like value balls off the putter. not as clicky as some of the worst i've played, but just as hard. they roll fine, but the feeling off the putter is not at all what i prefer, and that's a huge piece of the decision-making process for me.

i'll know for sure tomorrow, but right now i don't like the new b330-rx because of the feeling off the putter. to be fair, i haven't played the rx for about a year and a half, so i'm not necessarily comparing the 2016 to the 2015.

Will be interested to hear your thoughts after you play them. Just goes to show how individual and personal this game is. The new RX off the putter for me is better than anything else out there. Hang in there with it tomorrow and see.

JM

Will be interested to hear your thoughts after you play them. Just goes to show how individual and personal this game is. The new RX off the putter for me is better than anything else out there. Hang in there with it tomorrow and see.

JM

I'm an idiot. see edit above

I want to like them so badly! but as you said, it's very personal.

what's even more interesting is that when we all played these pre-release in Tampa I played the rx and had no issue. but this rxs is not doing it for me. ...yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was not a 2015 ball. They change every 2 years, so the 2014 RX and now the current 2016 RX is being released.

thank you for clarifying. and I had to edit my post because I was using rxs today, not rx. details

Has the new B330 be released yet? I looked at the PGA SS yesterday and did not see them

Has the new B330 be released yet? I looked at the PGA SS yesterday and did not see them
I've seen them on the shelves of dicks and golfsmith

Yep just checked Dicks no go

Pretty positive my kids will be playing Bridgestone this year, 2 bag will be in the new RX and the 1 bag is going to have his eyes opened to the 330 and what it can do for him compared to his ProV1x. Time for them to play a ball that fits their needs and doesn't try to be the "ball for all".

I've seen them on the shelves of dicks and golfsmith

I saw them yesterday at Dick's too...wished they came in yellow.

I had hoped to try the new Tour B330 this weekend. I put in an order on Amazon -- said in stock, prime shipping -- but then they didn't ship. Eventually I got an email saying they would ship in April. Canceled order. I will wait until these are available via prime shipping again.

I can't understand why these are not released yet. Seems like old school thinking.

Anyone else notice the b330s feels/sounds softer off the putter and wedges? Haven't had a chance to take any full swings with them yet but have putting around with them with a handful of chip shots outside. This was really surprising to me as I thought the covers were supposed to be the same with the RX having a lower compression?

Last edited:
I hit some big tee shots with the rxs today and didn't really have any issues with the feeling off the putter. I could game these, but I'm waiting for my baller balls!

Back