2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same weight or increasing?
See if you can hit the same weight. Just being square, I want to try to do everything possible to get your bench up higher before we start doing crazy stuff.

So you're on the same page, you are nearing the end of your novice gains. I think you can look back at where you started and where you are now strength wise and see the positives. Once your out of this novice phase, we get to play with program structure.

See if you can hit the same weight. Just being square, I want to try to do everything possible to get your bench up higher before we start doing crazy stuff.

So you're on the same page, you are nearing the end of your novice gains. I think you can look back at where you started and where you are now strength wise and see the positives. Once your out of this novice phase, we get to play with program structure.

Absolutely I've seen a ton of positives. It also might be a sleep thing as my kids suck lately and don't let me get 8 hours every night, but I'll keep putting in the effort to try and get my gainzzz.

Absolutely I've seen a ton of positives. It also might be a sleep thing as my kids suck lately and don't let me get 8 hours every night, but I'll keep putting in the effort to try and get my gainzzz.
Kids are gainzzzz thieves. I get maybe 6 hours a night. I hate it. It isn't optimal. But it is what it is.

So much easier running in NY over anywhere else. I don't know what it is, but I sure as hell miss it. 6.5 miles flew by and I posted my best time.
I don't know where you're running but it sure isn't easy for me

So much easier running in NY over anywhere else. I don't know what it is, but I sure as hell miss it. 6.5 miles flew by and I posted my best time.

That's great. My cardio right now consist of my running from truck to the door of the gym. Not really looking forward to putting it back in my regime in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another tough day at the gym.

Twice through all circuits.

1:
Bench Press 20@135lbs
Floor Pull-ups till failure (20 then 25)
DB Woodchoppers 20@25lbs

2:
Row Choice 15(TRX row matrix)
DB Push-ups till failure (25 then 10)
Uni-leg Squats 17(TRX pistols)

3:
L Lateral Raise 12@12
Plate Raise 12@12
Bent Over Y Raise 10@5
Shrug 20@20

4:
Lunges 20@20
Hammer Curls 12@20
RDL to Squat to Jump 8@20
Elevated Reverse Lunges 15@20

5:
Sidebend Crunches 20@50lbs
DB Front Box Squat 16@50
DBBP 12@50 both arms extended, one arm lowers and presses then switch for 12 reps
Trapezoid DL 15@95

I'm beat.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1:
Bench Press 20@135lbs
DB Woodchoppers 20@25lbs

2:

3:
L Lateral Raise 12@12
Plate Raise 12@12
Bent Over Y Raise 10@5
Shrug 20@20

4:
Lunges 20@20
Hammer Curls 12@20

5:
DB Front Box Squat 16@50
DBBP 12@50 both arms extended, one arm lowers and presses then switch for 12 reps
Trapezoid DL 15@95

I'm beat.

That's a lot of moving around. Jeebus.

1:
Bench Press 20@135lbs
DB Woodchoppers 20@25lbs

2:

3:
L Lateral Raise 12@12
Plate Raise 12@12
Bent Over Y Raise 10@5
Shrug 20@20

4:
Lunges 20@20
Hammer Curls 12@20

5:
DB Front Box Squat 16@50
Trapezoid DL 15@95

I'm beat.

I hope you're eating a TON of food brotha haha id be afraid to lose weight with that much going on lol.

I hope you're eating a TON of food brotha haha id be afraid to lose weight with that much going on lol.
Breakfast on gym days is (pre gym) 5g creatine and a banana, (post gym) is a 2 egg omelette that weighs in around 600 calories.

Lunch is a protein shake (muscle milk type premixed) and whatever the cafeteria at work has.

Dinner is light.

Snacks during the day are coffee and fruit (mostly citrus and an apple).

I'd say around 3000 calories total.
That's a lot of moving around. Jeebus.
It's not as much as you think. I set up camp in one corner of the gym and watch the gainz.

Breakfast on gym days is (pre gym) 5g creatine and a banana, (post gym) is a 2 egg omelette that weighs in around 600 calories.

Lunch is a protein shake (muscle milk type premixed) and whatever the cafeteria at work has.

Dinner is light.

It's not as much as you think. I set up camp in one corner of the gym and watch the gainz.

Have you been gaining with that? Serious question because I eat that but sure don't have a routine that long and I design sitting at a computer all day haha I don't burn a ton. My gut would tell me you'd need some more but that's just a quick guess. Long as you're gaining id say roll with it.

No gains in weight, just in strength (and only as a byproduct of moving a lot).
I'm actually trying to lose 10 lbs or so so that I can get to pre-sedentary lifestyle weight. I also work sitting at a desk.

I abhore jazzercise, so lots of reps with medium weights is my friend.

Have you been gaining with that? Serious question because I eat that but sure don't have a routine that long and I design sitting at a computer all day haha I don't burn a ton. My gut would tell me you'd need some more but that's just a quick guess. Long as you're gaining id say roll with it.

Dinner is light.

That's a lot of moving around. By my quick math, that's 294 working reps. That's a lot. For comparison sake, I did 30 working reps last night. I'm not saying anything about right or wrong. I'm just saying you moved around a lot.

That's a lot of moving around. By my quick math, that's 294 working reps. That's a lot. For comparison sake, I did 30 working reps last night. I'm not saying anything about right or wrong. I'm just saying you moved around a lot.
I freely admit that my workout is not optimal for strength or weight gain, but that's not my goal. ;)

No gains in weight, just in strength (and only as a byproduct of moving a lot).
I'm actually trying to lose 10 lbs or so so that I can get to pre-sedentary lifestyle weight. I also work sitting at a desk.

I abhore jazzercise, so lots of reps with medium weights is my friend.

Ah ha we'll see there it is haha keyword being "losing" weight lol. Makes total sense now. Carry on buddy

1:
Bench Press 20@135lbs
DB Woodchoppers 20@25lbs

2:

3:
L Lateral Raise 12@12
Plate Raise 12@12
Bent Over Y Raise 10@5
Shrug 20@20

4:
Lunges 20@20
Hammer Curls 12@20

5:
DB Front Box Squat 16@50
Trapezoid DL 15@95

I'm beat.

Beat, I'd be dead!!! Great job!!

Wish me luck all!. Running in the 5K in the Little Rock Marathon on Saturday morning.

Personal best is in the mid 28s so I would love to come close to that if possible.

awesome! Good luck with that endeavor. Is break a leg appropriate?
Wish me luck all!. Running in the 5K in the Little Rock Marathon on Saturday morning.

Personal best is in the mid 28s so I would love to come close to that if possible.

This stupid finger

fe19edd7d5944084787949da2bb7cb1a.jpg

From hookgrip?

Nope. Jumped up to grab pull up bar and didn't get my pinky out of the way.

Holy carp! Well, now you have no reason not to tape your fingers into a Vulcan salute whenever you lift. :D
Nope. Jumped up to grab pull up bar and didn't get my pinky out of the way.

Bench night

Bench night

So I might get some grief for over training bench, but this was my workout last night. Workout partner and I abused the bench last night. Local Power lifting coach was there working us over.

135x5 155x5 185x5 205x5 225x5 245x5 275x3 295x2 315x1 275x3 255x5 225x5 275x3 225x5 185x5 then 185x10 with foam block for tricep burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back