2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Speaking of which, I don't know if you guys know this, but the Grandaddy is only about eight months away.

Anyone ready to make the squad yet?

I was ready the second the event was announced. If called on, my game will be ready.

Speaking of which, I don't know if you guys know this, but the Grandaddy is only about eight months away.

Absolutely. Been following the thread closely and listening to all the podcasts, and they get me fired up. Would love to end the Zoocrews winning streak in December.

I'm ready, Dan. Listening to the podcast this morning reinforced why the Grandaddy is the best golf event on the planet.

It's the most awkward thing ever. I've spent all winter begging for golf season to hurry up and get here, and now I'm doing everything in my brain power not to will December here again immediately hahaha
I have a feeling whoever is the first selected out of this first contest, will probably have similar feelings my friend.

Listening to the podcast driving in this morning, got the juices flowing for the possibility of experiencing that.

Am I ready? From the perspective of a golf nerd - absolutely! From the perspective of a competitor? Negative. Plenty of holes to button up in the intervening 8 months - which I fully intend to do.

On another topic I'll quote Dirty Harry: "Nobody, I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog."

I was ready the second the event was announced. If called on, my game will be ready.

Looking at the posts here about the event is enough to get excited let alone a chance to actually play in it. My handicap may not be the best, but my game will be ready....if chosen.

Overhyped, again, after listening to Finley on THP The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 6. Love fun competition, and how can someone not want to participate in an event that can't be bought. I really want to get to know a group of you through a shared experience. I think #TheGranddaddy would work OK for that... ;-) Not yet having an in-person opportunity with other THPers, my notions of humor and "trash talk" probably don't come across as intended. I am passionate, humble, energetic, and always optimistic with a smile. I also love the people who work in the outdoor sporting industry. My wife worked for years in the cycling industry, and I was blessed to spend a lot of time with people in the ski industry. I think the golf industry people are just as interesting and, maybe a bit more so. Passion people are great, particularly when they have a bit of geek in them. I love golf and good people and will try to get in on this event as long as it exists and I can golf. Thanks THP and Callaway for making this possible.

I listened tot eh new podcast this morning and hearing they Callaway guys talk about this is always giving me goosebumps. I am ready to play for THP and for Captain Dan

Lots of Twitter action by THP this morning in regards to the Grandaddy. Can't wait to see this team start to fill up!
Agreed, can't wait for that first contest to hit this week, I thought masters week couldn't get any better, I was wrong, in 2016 business just picked up!

Listened to the new podcast this am with Jason, hopefully I'll get a chance to meet him and the rest of the #zoocrew if I ever get 'the call'

Listened to the most recent podcast and am excited for the contests to start! Talk about an amazing opportunity!

Podcast was great, as was Finley. He's our Darth Vader. He's a great villain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great podcast with Mr. Finley. I really like learning more about the people behind the brands,

On the personal level? Definitely! Really looking forward to helping my team either as a participant or via the forum.

State of the game? My Cap isn't where I want it yet, but it travels well.

Ready to make the squad? I was ready the first time I ever read one of Phillyv posts about it and everyone that's been to it thereafter. Pretty exciting to even get an opportunity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I. Am. :D

I'm ready to make the squad for the moscow mules. Those looked delicious last year. Unless this year the team drink might be more of the Albatross nature?...of which I am much more than ok with as well. War toppers FTW!

I'm ready to make the squad for the moscow mules. Those looked delicious last year. Unless this year the team drink might be more of the Albatross nature?...of which I am much more than ok with as well. War toppers FTW!

I would think the team drink ought to pay homage to El Capidan. Canadian Club maybe?

The best team drinks are the ones that just happen. No planning, just let it happen

The best team drinks are the ones that just happen. No planning, just let it happen

I like that word "team". I also like looking at your grandaddy stuff every time we play and wish to be in the same situation after this December.

I love that the contests are underway for this.

This event is beyond your wildest dreams!

Man the thoughts and dreams will intensify now that the contests have kicked off!!!

Pretty dang exciting to see that the contests have begun! I know for a fact that I will be putting my name in the hat. No matter who gets picked I'll be cheering on the lucky participants of this epic event, they are about to have their lives changed! I can't imagine thinking about this for 8 whole months, it is going to be such an amazing journey and a fantastic opportunity for the winners to get their games to a new level.

This will be my first full year on THP and it's so fun watching this unfold. The pure excitement of all of us hopefuls combined with the stories of past participants is so cool to see. Whether I'm lucky enough to make it or not (and believe me I want to make it!) this is going to be a highlight of my year.

Back