2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

What did they say, first time since 07 that a day came and went without a round in the 60s?

I believe so.

I had cut line going to +2 and not dropping to +6. Shows how wind and some pin placements can wreak havoc.

Now that is just crazy. He started that out 20' to the left.

Jordan and Rory will be a fun watch.

What did they say, first time since 07 that a day came and went without a round in the 60s?

That makes sense since 2007 was the Zach Johnson year where it was windy and cold for most of the week and the scores were pretty high comparatively for the Masters.

I want the course to play a little easier tomorrow and see Spieth and McIlroy put up some fireworks in the final group.

Finally caught up. To say I'm excited heading into the weekend would be an understatement.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BRUTAL day. Can't wait for the weekend!

We could see some more ugly scores on Saturday - we could be looking at a winning score that resembles the US Open if things stay like they were today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I got see Tom Watson's walk up 18 ... my highlight of the day.

I was touched by the egg sandwich he left on the 13th tee's bench for his late caddy, I had no idea about that tradition, but it got a little dusty at work

2 more pimento cheese sandwiches tonight. That makes 6 for the week. 2 days to go.

Whelp 2 of my 7 fantasy guys didn't make the cut. Ironically they were 2 of my most expensive picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got home and have not seen a minutes coverage yet, tomorrow I will be glued to the set.

A lot of favorites not playing this weekend, but still some firepower near the top. It will be interesting to see if Rory can complete the career slam, or if Spieth can continue his great play at Augusta.

Well AGNC definitely had it's share of victims today! It sucks that Phil is going home, but it's going to be fun to see how this plays out! I'd like to see Rory pull off the career grand slam, but as we saw today anything can happen.

Both of my picks within 5 of the lead. Feeling pretty good about that.

My team for this incredible prize is still intact as I am sure a lot of entries are. Better to have a slim chance than no chance.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't mind if Spieth wins again this weekend, but I'm glad that there is some drama at this point. Rory going for the career slam, among the many non-Spieth possibilities.

2 more pimento cheese sandwiches tonight. That makes 6 for the week. 2 days to go.

Haha I can't find pimento cheese around me at all! I've been on the hunt since Monday with no luck but I was planning on pretty much only having that all weekend!

Haha I can't find pimento cheese around me at all! I've been on the hunt since Monday with no luck but I was planning on pretty much only having that all weekend!

Go buy pimentos. Every major store will have them. Make it yourself.

It's not a standard component of the garbage plate? :eat:

Go buy pimentos. Every major store will have them. Make it yourself.
That's not a bad idea at all. I never thought of that. Stupid question what kind of cheese spread would I mix the pimentos with??

Now that I'm home behind a keyboard I can finally type some thoughts it's hard to keep up at work on the phone but I'll be dialed in on the laptop tomorrow for sure. I'm amazed at how difficult the course is playing in the windy conditions also the cutline is shocking. I know it's a difficult course but man that wind has to be causing havoc on them. I think Jordan is just a gamer I know he wasn't playing well leading up to The Masters, but he just seems to be able to turn it on and get it done. I think Rory is dialed in with the driver and I think he's going to be able to turn it on for the weekend. I really see Rory completing the career grand slam this weekend.

Ended up outside for the afternoon, and apparently missed 50 pages of posts. All sorts of excitement going on in here! Just catching up on most of the day's golf now.

Really enjoyed Dechambeau's post round interview, wasn't going to let it get him down.
Phil. Holy man. Just an absolute crash and burn.
Slow play? Do you have to play slow to post a low score?

Picks of Phil & Bubba keeping me well away from the grand prize!

Back