2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

So as I've been doing the hole of the day/ how would you play thread, looking at these course on a daily basis I can say I am excited as ever to get out there.

For those in the event have you ever had the chance to play these courses?
I have but it was 8-10 years ago so not too many details are still in this brain. I hope seeing the holes again will trigger some thoughts about how they should play. Time for me to begin looking at the website each day for some of that to soak in.

I got in a really good practice round yesterday at a tough track, had 2 birdies but I had 2 triples too. Still stayed in the mid 80's so that was a strong day for me. Need to tighten up the irons game between now and 2 weeks from today.

Have not played golf in the state of Alabama so I am excited this is my first experience for it.

Big fan of the how would you play this hole thread, I'm behind a bit in responding but it's really great in helping my prep as the clubs I am practicing off the tee

What I want to know is where can I grab some good grub on my way to the courses!

I think Wareagle has played them but I could be wrong. The thread you started MM is helping. 2 weeks and we are playing some golf!!!!!!!
It definitely gets the mind thinking on how to play the hole and see how others think as well.

Have not played golf in the state of Alabama so I am excited this is my first experience for it.

Big fan of the how would you play this hole thread, I'm behind a bit in responding but it's really great in helping my prep as the clubs I am practicing off the tee

First time in Alabama for me as well. Couldn't be a better first time as well.

So as I've been doing the hole of the day/ how would you play thread, looking at these course on a daily basis I can say I am excited as ever to get out there.

I have but it was nearly twenty years ago, so I guess I'm playing them again for the first time.

It still wasn't that long ago to forget the par 3 on the lake course (14 IIRC), with the tee box in full carry position and a brisk wind in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I want to know is where can I grab some good grub on my way to the courses!

Links posted in the travel thread

Can I ride along?

30 degrees here this morning in Nashville and I'm headed off for a two man scramble :)

30 degrees here this morning in Nashville and I'm headed off for a two man scramble :)

Hit 'em well Mike.

Fairways and greens partner!

I played them a good bit when I lived there. Also, everytime I go back I try to tee it up at Grand National.

I played both courses last May I think that it was. Incredible courses!! I liked the Lakes courses more than the Links. I struggled with my swing a lot more when I was on the Links course so that I plays into my liking the Lake Course more. They greens are actually 2 different grasses as I recall. I know that the Lakes course has the Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermuda, but I THINK that the Links course still has Bent, but I am not 100% sure. I know that they rolled differently for sure. The Links is a more difficult layout than the Lakes, but the Lakes is still a great test. I am so looking forward to going back.

Realize I posted in the wrong thread lol.

Well I've got some not so great news. Rolled my ankle today by the cart path on our 4th hole. I played through the pain but I'm really hurting now.

The good news is I'm not missing this event for anything so I'll be ready to roll on one leg if need be in two weeks.

Feel better soon!

Well I've got some not so great news. Rolled my ankle today by the cart path on our 4th hole. I played through the pain but I'm really hurting now.

The good news is I'm not missing this event for anything so I'll be ready to roll on one leg if need be in two weeks.

Walk it off!!!

The mnemonic for this is usually RICE, but I suggest dropping the E: Rest, Ice, Crown

If we are unfortunate enough to play in temps in the mid 40's, cloudy skies, windy conditions and on a soaking wet course, I got my practice in today so am ready to go! Was crushing drives out there a good 200 yards....ha. Was able to keep it under 80 which I was thrilled with in those conditions thanks mainly to the 3 birdie putts I drained.

Sorry you rolled your ankle. Did you see the doc? I would expect no golf til the event. Let it heal before you play.

Sorry you rolled your ankle. Did you see the doc? I would expect no golf til the event. Let it heal before you play.

No doc at this point. Only mild swelling and no bruising so far. We'll see how it feels in the morning.

Tough break mike, rest up buddy and take care of your self

I'm not in this and am still excited for this event to start. The first event if the year, two teams and two awesome captains. Cool sponsor and a little MVP with golden ticket on the line.

Was hoping to get some practice or play in this weekend but I'm stuck in bed. The dreaded yearly sinus and ear infection has hit. Top Golf with THPers was probably not the smartest decision last night...but boy was it fun! C'mon medicines! ?

Damn Mike. Get that ankle better soon buddy.

Was hoping to get some practice or play in this weekend but I'm stuck in bed. The dreaded yearly sinus and ear infection has hit. Top Golf with THPers was probably not the smartest decision last night...but boy was it fun! C'mon medicines!

Geebus, my teammates are going down like a one egg pudding. Get yourself on the mend too.

I think it is only fitting that I attack RTJ Grand National in Auburn/Opelike, AL armed with a putter handmade in Selma, AL. The Tad Moore TM-4 has only been in my possession for about 10 days but it quickly proved itself to be more than worthy of being gamed in such a lofty event.

Was hoping to get some practice or play in this weekend but I'm stuck in bed. The dreaded yearly sinus and ear infection has hit. Top Golf with THPers was probably not the smartest decision last night...but boy was it fun! C'mon medicines!

Feel better, i hear the best cure is teeing it up with THPers though :)

I think it is only fitting that I attack RTJ Grand National in Auburn/Opelike, AL armed with a putter handmade in Selma, AL. The Tad Moore TM-4 has only been in my possession for about 10 days but it quickly proved itself to be more than worthy of being gamed in such a lofty event.

Glad you found that works for you :)

Back