2017 Cleveland Golf Stand bag Review thread

mancest

Went to the Grandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Couldn't find a thread on this bag, but 6 of us lucky THPers got one of these at the Gamechanger this past weekend (1 went with the cart bag). Will get some photos up shortly, but so far I am very impressed with this golf bag. I have been on the search for the perfect bag, and this one is as close as they get for my tastes.

About me, I like to hit the range multiple times per week, play at least once a week and will walk (using a push cart) as much as possible. I also will play in a lot of different conditions so I need to have storage options on my bag.

https://www.clevelandgolf.com/en/stand-bag/MCSTB.html?dwvar_MCSTB_color=NRW

I went with the Navy/Red/white color way (go 'Murica!) and it looks fantastic. Looks, storage and organization are huge but my favorite feature is the molded handle. Makes it so easy to pick up and load in the car or going to stand it up at the course. The other thing that I really love is the split valuables pocket. Makes it so I can throw your keys in one side and your phone/wallet in the other and not worry about the keys scratching anything up. Pretty ingenious.

First photos:

db169503801ed467183211aea28db873.jpg

0a0ff9c3390cf592f61b91def069223a.jpg

The grab handle plus marker & divot tool pocket:

6ccc2107f210e128e4357b7d238f76ff.jpg

Split valuables dry pocket:

8a2aa6d64002fc08739dff255770ae85.jpg

Insulated beverage pocket that is quite big and then the slant pocket that I have been putting my glove in.

c36634b084b369e841344d5e1a2d7073.jpg

First photos:

db169503801ed467183211aea28db873.jpg

0a0ff9c3390cf592f61b91def069223a.jpg

The grab handle plus marker & divot tool pocket:

6ccc2107f210e128e4357b7d238f76ff.jpg

Split valuables dry pocket:

8a2aa6d64002fc08739dff255770ae85.jpg

Insulated beverage pocket that is quite big and then the slant pocket that I have been putting my glove in.

c36634b084b369e841344d5e1a2d7073.jpg

Awesome, man. Appreciate the detailed pics of the storage and handles. Had a blast following along with you this weekend. Enjoy the new toys!

Great pics of a solid bag. Like the little divot/pen holder features. How comfortable is it while walking?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Great looking bag! How are the club dividers?

Great looking bag. Wonder how it would work on a ClikGear pushcart.

Great pics of a solid bag. Like the little divot/pen holder features. How comfortable is it while walking?

It has been fine so far but I have only carried it out to the car from the clubhouse as the longest walk. It feels a little on the heavier side of a carry bag (guessing 5.5 to 6 lbs.) but for my purposes it should be really solid.

Also of note the materials are really solid. Like a sturdy canvas.

Haven’t had any tangling in 2 rounds and a couple trips to the range but as it isn’t full length there could be some. Will get photos of the top, each slot is rather large so it is easy to get them in and out.

Will keep you posted as I get more time with it.

Very comfortable. Feels light to me.

Not good. The inside material of each well comes out sometimes when removing clubs. They aren’t full length individual slots. My one knock on these bags.

Thanks for starting this thread. I got this bag a few months ago and I love it. Really liking the cooler pocket with the drain hole and multiple heavy duty handles.

My only knock is the bottom of the stand struggles to sit flush in the back of a cart. I sorta have to angle it to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for starting this thread. I got this bag a few months ago and I love it. Really liking the cooler pocket with the drain hole and multiple heavy duty handles.

My only knock is the bottom of the stand struggles to sit flush in the back of a cart. I sorta have to angle it to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you brought up the base, I slanted mine at a 45* angle to fit it on the last couple days. It is a deep front to back and it is very noticeable in the back of my car compared to the other bags I have tried this year (this is number 3 for those curious...).

Something you have to be cognizant of because the guys working at the course did not notice

Thanks for putting this up Roger. I'll add some of my thoughts on thr bsg tomorrow. But just from the short time I've had with it, it's one of my favorite stand bags I've had.

I have the exact same bag as Mancest and agree with ASN21 about the dividers. I use mine when going to range or practice facility since it is not a very good cart bag unless you turn it a bit, it does not get along with my ClicGear 8.0 at all.

I will say the Red,white and blue bag gets a ton of compliments. It really is a great looking bag.

I have the exact same bag as Mancest and agree with ASN21 about the dividers. I use mine when going to range or practice facility since it is not a very good cart bag unless you turn it a bit, it does not get along with my ClicGear 8.0 at all.

I will say the Red,white and blue bag gets a ton of compliments. It really is a great looking bag.

Have you tried the clicgear cozy? I have never liked any stand bags on my 8.0, but once I got the cozy and some velcro I had great success with other stand bags. Will report back when I get it on the 8.0 Sunday.

I have the red, white and blue bag as well. A real head turner have got lots of compliments on it over the past year. I too struggle getting it to fit on my clicgear. I turned it at an angle and it usually goes back after a couple holes. Other then that no problem looks brand new still.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

I have the all black cart bag and I love it. A steal at the price point no question about it

That's a great looking bag, and some honest feedback about the design and features.

All of the Cleveland bags impressed this weekend! Sharp looking bags.

I usually carry, and have a tee time on Friday, I will let you know how it goes, first impression is that it's very comfortable, but I won't be sure until I play a round.
it's not as light as my SM three5, but with the 14 way and the additional features, you have to expect that.

Great looking bag. Wonder how it would work on a ClikGear pushcart.
some have brushed on it, most stand bags don't do well at that, but I'll give this one a try on my 8.0 next week.

one thing that is a struggle for me is getting used to the 14 way dividers, I am one who prefer 4 or 5 ways, I don't like looking for the slot for a given club, and always end up with 2 clubs tangled in the same spot. I will give this one a fair try though and report back

Good looking bag, love the amount of storage.

Good stuff guys and nice pictures Roger. That's a great looking bag with a ton of nice features.

Good stuff guys and nice pictures Roger. That's a great looking bag with a ton of nice features.

thanks KEV, I have been pretty impressed so far. It is a bit heavy, 6.5 lbs, but if it fits on my clicgear with the cozy attachment than that is no issue at all for me. I am waiting for another member of our group to chime in as I don't think he liked the hard molded handle as much as me, it was an issue in his hard case.

Not being full length dividers is a bit of a concern, but so far it has been all good. Will keep updating as we go along.

Good looking bag but I find 5.5 pounds heavy for a carry bag. I walk and carry 70% of the time and look for light in my carry bag preferably under 3.5 pounds.

Good looking bag but I find 5.5 pounds heavy for a carry bag. I walk and carry 70% of the time and look for light in my carry bag preferably under 3.5 pounds.
With the storage and features this bag has, the extra 2lbs is nothing to me. You can literally fit a 6 pack in the drink slot. :D

Back