2017 Srixon Z Stars

oiler3535

Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody know Japanese to tell me what's new about the 2017 balls? I'm assuming something with the spin skin and core. Looks like they say in their graphs it's higher spin around the green and lower off the tee. Just bought 3 dozen XV Tour Yellows on for almost half price so assumed the new ball is out soon. Googled it and this is all I could find. Feb 10 in Japan! Any Japanese THPers wanna send me a box?

http://golf.dunlop.co.jp/srixon/zstar/index.html

OMG I will literally kiss the green that I can hit that Orange Z-Star XV on to if it hits the US Market.

Interested to see what the compression rating is for the ZStar

Interested to see what the compression rating is for the ZStar

I agree. We know the prior version felt / played lower than its actual rating but it would be nice to see an actual reduction.

OMG I will literally kiss the green that I can hit that Orange Z-Star XV on to if it hits the US Market.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but the orange will not hit the US market. Srixon, along with Bridgestone and others will only bring the yellow, and of course white. In Japan, there is way more demand for all the bright, flashy in your face colors for everything, not just golf balls. I mean, I could be wrong, but it would definitely be a shocker if they did.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but the orange will not hit the US market. Srixon, along with Bridgestone and others will only bring the yellow, and of course white. In Japan, there is way more demand for all the bright, flashy in your face colors for everything, not just golf balls. I mean, I could be wrong, but it would definitely be a shocker if they did.

If Bubba is playing the Volvik balls, maybe he'll play a bright colour and get them to bring it over? I personally love the yellow for Srixon and the old Volt balls, but would be up for trying orange.

If Bubba is playing the Volvik balls, maybe he'll play a bright colour and get them to bring it over? I personally love the yellow for Srixon and the old Volt balls, but would be up for trying orange.

Eli Miller stated in Twitter it ain't happening.

Eli Miller stated in Twitter it ain't happening.

Not this year (saw your tweet & his answer), but maybe w Bubba playing pink, if they boost volvik colour sales, they'll consider bringing it here in future.

I know it's a small thing, but the color options are outstanding on those!

C1v-YsqVIAAzyMb.jpg

Less than 2 weeks to the NA announcement!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SrixonGolf/status/818527461247832064/photo/1

I love z stars!!!

I can only assume that these are the balls Eli alluded to at the Short Game event but wouldn't give any details about. He was pretty excited about these balls in August being a huge improvement. It is probably safe to believe these are what Hideki Matsuyama has been playing during his recent streak.

Hmmm. Wondering if the graphic is just artsy or if there's a new texture to the Zstars surface? Almost a trapezoidal grooving.
C1_Rm47VQAAZfzp.jpg:large

Can't wait to hear more on these. I'm starting to think the z star may be my ball of choice over the XV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon makes some of the best balls on the market. Extremely interested to see what they have come up with this year.

I played today with just Srixon Balls, alternated between a Q-Star and a Z-Star... I can't wait to see what Srixon has for us this year... If it is the rumored 3-piece, Low Compression, Urethane cover Q-Star, sign me up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back