2018 Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There has been a lot of early hype about this lineup and today they become official. THP will have quite a bit of info coming from the PGA Show this week on the new Graphene-infused Dual Soft Fast Core. We also had 12 THPers put these in play at the Grandaddy and THP sent out dozens to a number of people that have been testing them out.

Having the last iteration in my bag, I am keen to hear what the GD folks have to say about these and how they compare

Whoohoo!! Finally we get to hear about The Ball! It’s about redacted time!! ?

I can’t wait to hear everyone’s thoughts, this is a big release I think.

Can't wait to hear about the new tech that has Callaway so excited!

I found the old Chromesoft to be so so for me. Looking forward to hearing results from the new one

Can't wait to talk about this golf ball! The extra few yards and control around the greens has been an eye opener for me personally, two areas that I look for in my game. Grapheeeeeene!

Really interested to see what graphene does within the golf ball and how it plays. Looking forward to the feedback.

A new material to change the ball that changed the ball. Intriguing ... I wanna hit one of these.

Looking forward to folks feedback on these

Playing thoughts coming shortly. I have the Chrome Soft X.

They look the exact same as last years model. I had to mark them differently so I knew which ball I was playing.

The packaging is a little plain...I kid...I’m sure it will be great.

Ball on the left has a full 18 holes played and the one on the right is up next.

c53142dbab5c01a9ad5c99f1de76e3ab.jpg
7338202491faea0c2565bba4c11a63b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to giving these a try!

Interested to learn more about whatever the X means

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

I had these in play a little bit last week, my swing wasn't good and I was playing unfamiliar courses so I didn't play them a ton (wanted to save most of them until I got home for more comprehensive testing). I can say they do seem longer, I'll know more about that when I hopefully get them out at my home course this week. The little bit I did use them on partial shots and around the greens I was happy with the performance, plenty of spin.

I had a couple conversations about the graphene material and it sounds like a scientific marvel to be honest. Using it in a golf ball makes a ton of sense and let's them make some adjustments to the ball that were never possible before. The weight and strength of it is INSANE!!! I'm sure more will come out about that soon.

Can. Not. Wait. To. hear. More!!!

Can't wait to talk about this golf ball! The extra few yards and control around the greens has been an eye opener for me personally, two areas that I look for in my game. Grapheeeeeene!

Excited to hear your thoughts man.

I am really intrigued by these, and excited to hear the graphene story. Getting to see how the last ball was made was absolutely fascinating, and the construction here one ups that.

Those that have gamed it- more yards through more/less/ideal spin? Or better launch?

Also- can you feel the difference between this years and last years model?

If you can get extra yards off the driver, but even more spin around the greens, that sounds like a pretty good combination to me

There has been a lot of early hype about this lineup and today they become official. THP will have quite a bit of info coming from the PGA Show this week on the new Graphene-infused Dual Soft Fast Core. We also had 12 THPers put these in play at the Grandaddy and THP sent out dozens to a number of people that have been testing them out.

Is this the thread that we should be posting thoughts in?

Can't wait to see what everyone thinks. I know a couple dozen of each are in my future.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looking forward to getting a sleeve, last years' version didn't win me over from a distance perspective. I liked the feel of the 2017 model just couldn't go as far as the competition.

Excited to hear your thoughts man.

The balls legit, it took my wedge game to another level...

So I’ve lost the last ball cobra gave me, when do the go on sale?

Back