2018 Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X Golf Balls

Has anyone received the Golf Galaxy flyer that says golf ball buying guide on the front? In the picture front and center is a chrome soft * "star". I know the pros have different model names with *'s and +'s but I have never seen them in store or online. I looked at the website and it is not listed. I was just curious if anyone has seen these or why they have it pictured in the ad. Also has anyone played a ball like that?
e7e83f6d217facd66a4f95635576d73c.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Played the CSX today and I was really pleased with it more than the CS. I think I play better with a firmer ball. Has some really long fairway wood shots that attribute to the firm ball.

Has anyone received the Golf Galaxy flyer that says golf ball buying guide on the front? In the picture front and center is a chrome soft * "star". I know the pros have different model names with *'s and +'s but I have never seen them in store or online. I looked at the website and it is not listed. I was just curious if anyone has seen these or why they have it pictured in the ad. Also has anyone played a ball like that?
e7e83f6d217facd66a4f95635576d73c.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Those Callaway balls were made for the Ryder Cup.

Just bought some 2018 CSX-X-Outs from CPO - Looking forward to getting them in play this week.

BTW - TXG has been saying some amazing things recently on their YouTube channel about the Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X - it's really impressive.
Their video on "X" balls showed just how much spin the CSX has around the greens - The most spin compared to TP5x/ProV1X/ZV
On a different video, they said also when they fit people, if they can't get enough spin on wedges, they shift them to the Chrome Soft and the spin comes right up.
Really worth the watch.

2018 Chrome Soft today. Great ball for me through the bag but I think I love it most off the driver. It gives me a great set of numbers and just seems to have a little extra "straight" on it compared to the X.

Stars and Stripes will be in play tomorrow. I play the regular CS and have great luck with it. It does spin like crazy off of the SM7's and you can really attack pins.

Still such a incredible ball. Got some of the Ryder cup Truvis recently from a twitter win and I am excited to give a try. If this dumb rain ever stops.

2018 Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X Golf Balls

Went through a couple week stretch not playing the CS18 as I thought my honeymoon phase was over. Had a good lesson and felt really good about my swing so I went back to it and shot my best round of the season on Friday with Truvis Stars and Stripes. This ball really is just so solid tee to green and I feel in total control with it from 130 in. Love the feel off the putter face, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy told me local golf store going out of business, clubs 40% and everything else 50% off got me 24 2018 X’s for $22.50 each and some yellow chrome also. My buddy asked me if I like my Callaway driver $240 and fairways $150 he picked both up.

Also played the X the whole week and really think I could play either and be happy.

Also played the X the whole week and really think I could play either and be happy.

Any noticeable difference? The x is firmer but I actually preferred the feel of the x off the putter.

Played the Stars and Stripes Truvis today. Just a great all around ball. Plenty long off the driver, great spin on the irons going into the greens and tons of spin on the wedges.

I honestly feel the same.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think the X definitely feels firmer but spins more for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played both ball about the same amount over 9 holes today. I actually had an X back up maybe a yard on a 9i to 144. That was off a tee to soft fall greens and it was sloped toward me some, but that was still an unusual occurrence. Both ball performed about the same for me, so I continue to prefer the CS asked on its softer feel and more muted sound.

I played both ball about the same amount over 9 holes today. I actually had an X back up maybe a yard on a 9i to 144. That was off a tee to soft fall greens and it was sloped toward me some, but that was still an unusual occurrence. Both ball performed about the same for me, so I continue to prefer the CS asked on its softer feel and more muted sound.

The softer feel and sound is that more off of the woods or throughout the bag?

I especially notice it off the putter and on shots around the green.

Played the Stars and Stripes Truvis today. Just a great all around ball. Plenty long off the driver, great spin on the irons going into the greens and tons of spin on the wedges.

Played it a couple of weeks ago -CS Truvis is my preferred ball this season and last season - but the graphene allows them to do a little more with the ball - it is long, and has great greenside spin. Those hard chips will hit, skid, stop.

I think I notice it more off of irons and in the short game. Especially on mishits. I still think I prefer the X around the green, but I'm happy putting either in play. Been alternating, tomorrow I'll have the X in play so we'll see.

I played the Euro Truvis on the back 9 last Sunday and it just launched off the tee a few times. I hit a half 54* on 10 and it just spun sideways...love the spin around the green when I hit it right. I'm taking these to the event that I'm playing on Tuesday.

The regular CS today again in Truvis Yellow/Black. The spin on chips is amazing. Really like the feel off the putter. Prefer it over the X as I seem to get to much side spin with the X on the driver.. Could be a swing issue, but just don't see it on the regular CS.

I played a 2018 Chrome Soft today and loved it. Perfect off the tee, fabulous off the irons, and good around the green.
I used to be a guy who preferred the clicky feel of a firmer ball but I'm slowly being won over by that feeling of mashing the ball throughout the bag.

I've been playing with the 2017 and 2018 versions all year, and continue to love this ball. For the 2018, the regular CS seems to be my favorite, whereas for 2017 I definitely liked the X more.

I've been playing with the 2017 and 2018 versions all year, and continue to love this ball. For the 2018, the regular CS seems to be my favorite, whereas for 2017 I definitely liked the X more.

That's very interesting! Why do you think that is?

What is the difference between the regular CS and the X?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back