2018 The Grandaddy: Live Update Thread

I find myself sleeping like garbage before THP events, yet caring zero about it. Too many good people and too much laughing to worry about sleep.

Sleep is what the flight home is for

Yep, I wake up sometimes and mentally go through what i need for the upcoming event, then i get more and more excited.....

I think I fell asleep waiting for food to show up with JB at the Gauntlet. Not even kidding.

Grandaddy 2015 when we had our last dinner once we got back to Carlsbad, I almost fell asleep at the table haha obviously not playing made it easier but i was still exhausted by the time i sat down in my seat to fly home.

I find myself sleeping like garbage before THP events, yet caring zero about it. Too many good people and too much laughing to worry about sleep.

This is so true. During the event you don't really think about it but after it's all over I feel like I could sleep for a day. That's the feeling of a hell of a good time.

Just dropping a bump to make this easier to find on my feed. Re-reading it and have to tackle it in chunks. To say there's a lot of content here would be an understatement.

Don't mind me :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

catching up on events prior to my joining. Goodness that looked like a blast.

It really kinda was. there’s a contest open right for this year’s version if you haven’t signed up yet!

Take what it looks like and multiply it by 1000! I still think about it all of the time.

A blast that goes by all too fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@rogt Looks like your Tees made it on the Landing page of Evolve Golf:

ROGT.JPG

Thanks mikeg_74
1576300635061.png

This thread always reminds me of why I became a member of THP. Meeting @southernshred on a driving range here in Georgia and him telling me all about some trip he won.

Been great friends and a THP member ever since. Cheers to you buddy and to the 2018 THP granddaddy team! Here’s to bringing back the belt!!

Going through 2018 thread and found this gem ZB! Hard to believe 1 year later, you had the opportunity to experience it!

Last edited:
It’s funny this thread popped up this morning. I was going through my den caddy and found a few goodies from this year. 02D8246F-251D-463B-9179-F51A8FC47638.jpeg

Going through 2018 thread and found this gem ZB! Hard to believe 1 year later, you had the opportunity to experience it!
I went a read all the live threads last year leading up to the event and it was fun to see the things both I said and my team members said. Crazy to think then that I’d be sitting here today with my grandaddy clubs beside me. 😀

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Not a bad little grab bag their teammate
I really wish I would have grabbed more of those wooden tees! I love those tees.

I really wish I would have grabbed more of those wooden tees! I love those tees.
Me too! I foolishly grabbed more of the plastic ones than wooden ones for some still unknown and poorly thought out reason.

I was out on the road today and got to thinking back on this event. Man I miss that place and my Grandaddy brother's! It's funny because I generally have a terrible memory but I can remember so much of this week in heaven in vivid detail. It's still amazing I got so lucky to be a part of this.

I was out on the road today and got to thinking back on this event. Man I miss that place and my Grandaddy brother's! It's funny because I generally have a terrible memory but I can remember so much of this week in heaven in vivid detail. It's still amazing I got so lucky to be a part of this.
It was probably the cold weather that reminded you of those few days. Oh wait...

I've gotten an opportunity to get to know Kev very well over the last couple of years and am damn proud to call him a brother. We've talked a lot about this event and his excitement leading into it was at an all time high. To see him go down there and perform was great, so proud of you buddy. Great job and I'm glad I was able to follow along for so much of it. You did a hell of a job!

To the rest of Team THP well done, all of you! You did the forum proud this week and there are literally thousands of us who hung on every post cheering you guys on the entire time. Great work captain Frank and asscap PhillyV, you guys did a great job!
Reading through this thread and seeing this post really hit home. This event was timeless. This post made by such a special guy and a valued THP’er still rings true about my Grandaddy brother. These are the moments made possible on this forum. Rest well brother.

Made it home safely !

Last night with my homies...

115da0ff42437396505d21a324f16ab9.jpg

85036e469c0e642eb837ebf5fd7e4468.jpg

This morning with my homies...

2fe651b46586e22193aed3d3fd5eff6d.jpg

b3df80452e4ae2a2fdd37d011d94557b.jpg

That’s easily one of the best hours of my life, spent chatting with you guys in that room. Long live The Grandaddy.

Back