2018 US Open Contest and Thread Sponsored by Golf Pride Grips

ea489189a9e6d3bf9ba34b69e96db2b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Still can't tell what the shirt says, or why it might be funny. And I want to laugh!

1st, 3rd, 20th, and a MC. Total money should be good but probably not good enough.

ea489189a9e6d3bf9ba34b69e96db2b2.jpg

I saw her on the first tee today and had no idea who she was but recognized she’s hot.

I saw Paulina today today too. Banner day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still can't tell what the shirt says, or why it might be funny. And I want to laugh!
Looks like it says Buenos Dias, not sure why it's funny either, but it does turn her boobs into hearts.

Brooks and Tommy were good for me in fantasy. Jumped from 9th overall and $4.9 million back to 1st overall. Now I have to figure out how not to screw it up.

That "5 second delay" wasn't really working today. lol

Koepka doin' legendary type of things...not very many men have won the greatest tournament in the world two years in a row.

I think FIGJAM should have been DQ'd. Hitting his ball because he knew it was going to be in a tougher position? How many strokes did he save, and how is that fair to all the guys that finish below him in the money this week?

I like FIGJAM but I just didn't think that was his best moment. His treatment of Tom Watson was another incident that rubbed me the wrong way.

If Fleetwood made that put on 18 it could have been quite the playoff.

No it wouldn't have because the USGA bowed to television much the same way they've bowed to the equipment manufacturers and eliminated the 18 hole Monday playoff.

No it wouldn't have because the USGA bowed to television much the same way they've bowed to the equipment manufacturers and eliminated the 18 hole Monday playoff.

I was wondering about that. That's a travesty. 18 hole Monday playoff was the best. In that line, it's a pity the PGA isn't played in its format of the old days - I think it would make it more unique and more desirable.
Match play in one major would just be sick.

Think it's "Buenos Dias", or Good Morning.

A couple of things stand out to me for Brooks. His decision to polish his game on the European Tour is rare, and was a bit of a risk.

The other, how he and Patrick have had such success without OEM contracts. Wonder if other players are taking notice.

I think FIGJAM should have been DQ'd. Hitting his ball because he knew it was going to be in a tougher position? How many strokes did he save, and how is that fair to all the guys that finish below him in the money this week?

I like FIGJAM but I just didn't think that was his best moment. His treatment of Tom Watson was another incident that rubbed me the wrong way.

I think he took his two shot penalty as outlined by the rules of Golf for making contact with a moving ball.

did any one get all four guys winning money?

I saw that the first post (mr Mom) had brooks, DJ, and Reed... would imagine he would be the winner or at least if he also got the tie breaker

I think the perfect entry was DJ, Michelson, Reed and Koepka excluding the tie breaker of course. If so, nicely done!!

Didn't get to see a lot of the golf yesterday but I enjoyed being able to watch a bunch on Saturday. Being able to watch and chat in here is just a blast.

Congrats to Brooks on another win and the Back to Back. Damn impressive

That other provision in the rules is for extraneous circumstances that aren't covered by the rules already, the USGA has said that. Ill intentioned as his breach of the rules may be, he took the penalty per the rules and carded a 10 on the hole.

As for how many strokes did he save: did he really? Just think about this. The original putt down was for a 5. Ball goes long and settles off the front of the green hitting 6. If he gets up and down (which wouldn't surprise anyone), that's a 7. He'd have to hit the ball 5 MORE times AFTER his bogey putt in order to tie the score he earned with the penalty. A complete lapse in sanity and a bad look, but I'd argue he cost himself a stroke or two, which puts him above even more players.

Kind of a shame this overshadows Koepka defending his title and Fleetwood going BONKERS on Sunday, nearly setting a new US Open scoring record for the round.

I was listening to the radio broadcast on my way home from the golf course on Saturday. Everyone always talks about how DJ shows no emotion good or bad, but he had a pretty emotional day on Saturday. I don't remember what hole it was, but i know it was on the back 9. He had a downhill putt and left it short. The mic picked up him saying "Well if I hit it any harder it goes off the f%&*ing green!" I had to rewind it and listen again because I was shocked. It was awesome! Saturday had everyone in the afternoon groups up in arms.

Congrats to Koepka on pulling out the W, even though it pretty much sank any chances I had of putting up a decent number in the fantasy league. :D

Last edited:
I think he took his two shot penalty as outlined by the rules of Golf for making contact with a moving ball.

That other provision in the rules is for extraneous circumstances that aren't covered by the rules already, the USGA has said that. Ill intentioned as his breach of the rules may be, he took the penalty per the rules and carded a 10 on the hole.

As for how many strokes did he save: did he really? Just think about this. The original putt down was for a 5. Ball goes long and settles off the front of the green hitting 6. If he gets up and down (which wouldn't surprise anyone), that's a 7. He'd have to hit the ball 5 MORE times AFTER his bogey putt in order to tie the score he earned with the penalty. A complete lapse in sanity and a bad look, but I'd argue he cost himself a stroke or two, which puts him above even more players.

Kind of a shame this overshadows Koepka defending his title and Fleetwood going BONKERS on Sunday, nearly setting a new US Open scoring record for the round.

It seemed to me, as the way I understood it, was that he was going to make even more strokes had he not done what he did and take advantage of the rules.

The problem is if all players started doing that. It would be madness. It's not a good precedent to set.

It seemed to me, as the way I understood it, was that he was going to make even more strokes had he not done what he did and take advantage of the rules.

The problem is if all players started doing that. It would be madness. It's not a good precedent to set.

Agreed and that is why so many of these rules are written so poorly and its just awful.
I struggled with Tiger getting fans to move the boulder.
I struggle with a ball that can only be found by stepping on it, get a free drop for being stepped on.
I struggle with this, because its written so poorly.

This is an organization that is supposed to be about growing the game, and while they make strides, they cant get out of their own way.

He didn't use the rules to his advantage, he flat out broke them. I do not like what he did and agree it is not a good precedent, but people act like he didn't get a penalty in this case, because he got a 2 stroke penalty, as outlined in my quote, resulting in a 10 (+6) on a hole where he had a putt for bogey.

I don't like the look it gives to the younger kids out there and the game in general, but I don't think a DQ was within the rules, which is what you were calling for. The only thing I have seen where DQ was possible is if it was to give himself an advantage over others and my outline above showed why that can clearly be argued against based on the results. The root problem, which we always go back to, is how stupid the rules are written. He admitted to flagrantly and thoughtfully breaking the rules and, in my opinion, a 2 stroke penalty probably doesn't cut it. But with the rules as they are stated, that's the best they could do. You'd think they would have some clause of a by-law of an amendment of a provision that states doing something against the spirit of the game results in such and such.

Agreed and that is why so many of these rules are written so poorly and its just awful.
I struggle with a ball that can only be found by stepping on it, get a free drop for being stepped on.

This is an organization that is supposed to be about growing the game, and while they make strides, they cant get out of their own way.

That last line just makes me think of the anchor ban.

He didn't use the rules to his advantage, he flat out broke them. I do not like what he did and agree it is not a good precedent, but people act like he didn't get a penalty in this case, because he got a 2 stroke penalty, as outlined in my quote, resulting in a 10 (+6) on a hole where he had a putt for bogey.

I don't like the look it gives to the younger kids out there and the game in general, but I don't think a DQ was within the rules, which is what you were calling for. The only thing I have seen where DQ was possible is if it was to give himself an advantage over others and my outline above showed why that can clearly be argued against based on the results. The root problem, which we always go back to, is how stupid the rules are written. He admitted to flagrantly and thoughtfully breaking the rules and, in my opinion, a 2 stroke penalty probably doesn't cut it. But with the rules as they are stated, that's the best they could do. You'd think they would have some clause of a by-law of an amendment of a provision that states doing something against the spirit of the game results in such and such.

The integrity of the tournament after that, for me, was kind of thrown off. What about all the guys in the field that finished below him...didn't he sort of take money out of their pockets (and I guess FedEx points)?

The integrity of the tournament after that, for me, was kind of thrown off. What about all the guys in the field that finished below him...didn't he sort of take money out of their pockets (and I guess FedEx points)?
If you're going off the idea that he would be DQ'd, then yes, there would be that effect. Maybe you're speaking a little tongue and cheek there, but he took the penalty that was given per the rules and it's case closed. Whether the rules need to be changed, updated, or just straight up overhauled to deal with today's issues is another thing, though, and not isolated to just this one incident.

Back