2018 W/S Driver vs Driver 2 Staff Proto Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

DufferToo

101 Putters and Holding
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Putters
Knowing THPers, there will be several extra rounds or other activities scheduled. We can use this to keep travel ideas and extra round info off the main event thread.

Knowing THPers, there will be several extra rounds or other activities scheduled. We can use this to keep travel ideas and extra round info off the main event thread.
Thanks DT!!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

awesome - weather is going to be amazing for this event

What other courses are you guys thinking of playing while out in AZ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome - weather is going to be amazing for this event

I sure hope so, the weather for the THP Championship this past weekend was brutal!!!

I have no idea of what course are near our event location, just know it's about 30min north of Talking Stick...

Unfortunately, my work schedule is such that I won't be able to play any additional rounds. One of the reasons I started this thread is so I can live vicariously through everyone else.

I sure hope so, the weather for the THP Championship this past weekend was brutal!!!

that was a fluke heat wave and I felt so sorry for the guys but they powered through it. I should have recommend they get one of those cooling towels. Lucky for us, November will be awesome weather and we don't have to worry about dying if we want to drink a beer lol

Isn’t the Boulders not too far out of the way. If anyone wants to go out of the area, about 30-45 minutes to the north west is a great course called Quintero.

that was a fluke heat wave and I felt so sorry for the guys but they powered through it. I should have recommend they get one of those cooling towels. Lucky for us, November will be awesome weather and we don't have to worry about dying if we want to drink a beer lol
I was one of those guys. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to going back in November.

It’s nice that this backs up to Veterans Day to have Monday off. I’m keeping an eye on flights which will determine my schedule but I would love to get an extra round (or 2) in if possible!

I was out there this summer. I played Troon North and Grayhawk. Both were awesome. I don’t think I’ll be able to get any extra rounds in, but I would highly recommended both courses!

Just booked my flights. I’m arriving at 2:30 on Friday and fly out around Noon on Monday. Unfortunately this won’t leave a ton of time for extra rounds. Maybe Sunday evening? I plan to Uber to the resort unless someone else is flying in around the same time that I can hitch a ride with.
Anyone else booked flights yet?

I was out there this summer. I played Troon North and Grayhawk. Both were awesome. I don’t think I’ll be able to get any extra rounds in, but I would highly recommended both courses!

I agree with Matt. Both of those courses are great tracks!

@Kevinhooch
Sorry, I'm not much help. My flight arrives at 4:50 on Friday and I depart Sunday at 4:10

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

@Kevinhooch
Sorry, I'm not much help. My flight arrives at 4:50 on Friday and I depart Sunday at 4:10

DT that is going to be a tight window on Sunday. So please watch the clock.

DT that is going to be a tight window on Sunday. So please watch the clock.
Thank you. I definitly will. It is always difficult heading back to the "real world" after a THP event.

Unfortunately, it's the last flight out that doesn't require changing planes, even though it's not a non-stop. I hate to give "Murphy" more chances at my clubs than I have to.

Thank you. I definitly will. It is always difficult heading back to the "real world" after a THP event.

Unfortunately, it's the last flight out that doesn't require changing planes, even though it's not a non-stop. I hate to give "Murphy" more chances at my clubs than I have to.

You will probably have to skip the food and drinks post golf, but should make it.

In other words:
Make sure you know what irons you want, you won’t have a lot of time to think about it on Sunday after we win!

You will probably have to skip the food and drinks post golf, but should make it.
I would hate to do that.

I will double check when I get home tonight. IIRC there are only two flights after mine with the last one just over an hour later.

This whole work thing really interferes with THP, only a couple of more years.

In other words:
Make sure you know what irons you want, you won’t have a lot of time to think about it on Sunday after we win!

That's easy, C300 forged.

That's easy, C300 forged.

It's appearing again DT!!
99b94341991cb6f627c33cb1ce239889.jpg

It's appearing again DT!!
99b94341991cb6f627c33cb1ce239889.jpg

Hey, that's a cute design. Did the R&D guys approve your request to add it to your driver's crown?

Just booked my flights. I’m arriving at 2:30 on Friday and fly out around Noon on Monday. Unfortunately this won’t leave a ton of time for extra rounds. Maybe Sunday evening? I plan to Uber to the resort unless someone else is flying in around the same time that I can hitch a ride with.
Anyone else booked flights yet?

I haven't booked any flights yet, probably will sometime in the next couple of week.

Back