2019-2020 College Basketball Season

I have one kid who graduated from Duke and another still there. I am not a Coach K fan.Great coach! But foul mouthed that :love:sells himself as this profound teacher of young men. It is a great school and super glad my kids went there.
As I said in an earlier post I am glad that ESPN is starting to show student sections at other schools. Cameron Crazies are fun but the reality is most of the student body is back in the dorm studying. The school is damn hard. Texas Tech the other night was awesome to see. I admired the kids and I am a UK fan. This is suposed to be fun.....Right!

Another big win at home for Rutgers. They might be able to win a few on the road if they could figure out how to hit FTs and close out the game.

Another big win at home for Rutgers. They might be able to win a few on the road if they could figure out how to hit FTs and close out the game.

Winning on the road is hugely important this season in College BB. This will affect both conference standings and NCAA seeding. I think the committee will place emphasis on road wins within the conference.

Winning on the road is hugely important this season in College BB. This will affect both conference standings and NCAA seeding. I think the committee will place emphasis on road wins within the conference.

The home/away records in the B1G are insane. Seeding will be difficult to determine coming out of this conference. Check out these home records:

Rutgers 15-0
Maryland 11-0
MSU 9-1
Illinois 11-1
Iowa 10-1
Indiana 12-2
Wisconsin 9-1
Minnesota 9-2
Penn State 10-1
Purdue 9-2
Ohio State 10-2
Michigan 8-3
Nebraska 5-6
Northwestern 4-7

does anyone actually like duke?
:quiet:

We had season tickets at Cameron in the 80s, the Dawkins/Alarie/Bilas years. Dawkins was my favorite. Not many kids were Duke fans around that time, with both State and Carolina recently winning national championships. The run of 7 Final Fours in 9 years was unreal. 1995 was a character-building year, and somewhat prepared me for what was next...

...enrolling at NC State, and watching, now, 25 years of futility. They hit rock bottom after the Valvano fallout just before I got there, but I saw some bad teams in a place, Reynolds Coliseum, that would put Cameron to shame today, if they hadn't sold their souls and moved to the stupid hockey arena. Reynolds was hot and loud; I miss that old barn. There were times you could only tell the band was playing because the horns were moving back and forth. I just hope they win something of significance before I die.

I'm conflicted, for sure, more so if you throw Florida State (hoops only!) in there...

Enjoying watching my Illini this season. Need to win at home tonight against Minnesota.

Turn to the channel expecting to see your team only to find there's 8 mins left in the early game? Welcome to life at the top, Baylor.

Bilas should be made Director of Officiating. Then, there'd be no more bad calls.

Watching Auburn - Kentucky I really enjoy listening to Jay Bilas do games. It’s nice not having to mute Dukie Vitale. Bilas explains the game without resorting to hyperbole and histrionics.

Bilas should be made Director of Officiating. Then, there'd be no more bad calls.
I just wish they were consistent. Be the same at both ends and they are not even close.

Kentucky goes down!!

Life on the road in the Big Ten is rough. Michigan State and Rutgers go down today.

54 fouls called and 70 FTs attempted (and 57 made FTs, which is amazing, too) in the Duke/Syracuse game.

All of these fouls is going to kill the ratings at some point. You can play basketball without calling everything.
That being said I am starting to think Duke is better than everyone else. Yes, they lose some but their best is pretty good.

All of these fouls is going to kill the ratings at some point. You can play basketball without calling everything.
That being said I am starting to think Duke is better than everyone else. Yes, they lose some but their best is pretty good.

Duke needs to keep Carey out of foul trouble. Without him, they are very thin in the front court. And the games will become unwatchable if they continue to call so many fouls. There is no flow to the game and the game consists of a parade to the foul lines because both teams are in the double bonus.

54 fouls called and 70 FTs attempted (and 57 made FTs, which is amazing, too) in the Duke/Syracuse game.

That number of fouls boggles the mind. Syracuse primarily plays a 2 3 zone defense. You normally do not foul a lot when playing zone.

Game of the Day:

(3) Oregon at (4) Connecticut

Mike Krzyzewski got his 500th ACC win, despite an ugly offensive showing at BC.

The girls showing the boys how to brawl, from the Texas Southern at Alabama State game on Monday night:

Nobody is consistent.

Back