2019-2020 College Basketball Season

N.C. 21-38 55.3%

Duke 26-34 76.5%

That was the difference in that ball game. Nothing else.

I also watched the game. The only reasonable solution is for Purdue to host every one of their NCAA tournament games in Mackey! They're a top 5 team at home and a bottom 5 (Big Ten) team on the road. That said; maybe this team turned the corner last week. Stealing a win from NW at the buzzer was an unexpected gift.
It has been damned hard to win a road game in the big10 this year.

Bobby is battling dementia. Interesting to read about the exchange with Vitale. People saying they're playing around. This was Bobby's first visit to Ass Hall since IU fired him in 2000 despite numerous offers. Gene Keady (former Purdue coach) and Bobby are friends and they did several joint appearances at Purdue. Bobby visited Purdue but wouldn't go to IU??? Yep, Bobby can hold a grudge.

Here's a link to the story. Watch the Vitale video for yourself. FWIW, I don't think he was playing around. Vitale and Knight are friends but the illness plus he was uncomfortable lead to the reaction. My humble opinion only.

https://www.12up.com/posts/bobby-kn...-tv-indiana-purdue-assembly-hall-01e0k9b1k1n8

Purdue vs IU basketball games in the Gene & Bobby years remains the best sporting events I ever attended. The intensity of the crowd, players, and coaches was awesome. Purdue has won 9 of the last 10 games (or something close to that). :ROFLMAO:(y) Bobby Knight was a blue blood coach. IU is not a blue blood program.

Last edited:

That is the best missed FT I've ever seen.

I was at the Y this morning and saw a friend who is a big UNC fan. I honestly didnt know what to say. Heels played hard. Duke just executed and took adcantage of the missed foul shots. As I have said I have kids who go to Duke but I am not a fan. The luck runs with them a lot.

Dont love the idea of playing at Vandy after they just beat LSU at home. Stackhouse is a good coach. Those kids are athletic and shot the lights out for a half at Rupp.

I was at the Y this morning and saw a friend who is a big UNC fan. I honestly didnt know what to say. Heels played hard. Duke just executed and took adcantage of the missed foul shots. As I have said I have kids who go to Duke but I am not a fan. The luck runs with them a lot.

It's too bad for Carolina because winning that game would have been the highlight of an otherwise forgettable season. As for Duke, I commented here after they lost to Louisville that they need Carey to avoid foul trouble. Duke is really thin in the frontcourt and with Carey in foul trouble, they are at a huge disadvantage.

I didn't watch the Duke/UNC game but did see Coach K totally disregard ol Roy during the handshake.

Did something else happen or can I assume that was just K being his old a$$hole self?

I didn't watch the Duke/UNC game but did see Coach K totally disregard ol Roy during the handshake.

Did something else happen or can I assume that was just K being his old a$$hole self?

Their interaction after the game was as cordial as I ever seen.

k_roy2.png

Big win for my Wolverines this past Saturday over the Spartans.
Need to continue trending in the right direction in preps for March Madness...

Penn State catching fire....

Bobby is battling dementia. Interesting to read about the exchange with Vitale. People saying they're playing around. This was Bobby's first visit to Ass Hall since IU fired him in 2000 despite numerous offers. Gene Keady (former Purdue coach) and Bobby are friends and they did several joint appearances at Purdue. Bobby visited Purdue but wouldn't go to IU??? Yep, Bobby can hold a grudge.

Here's a link to the story. Watch the Vitale video for yourself. FWIW, I don't think he was playing around. Vitale and Knight are friends but the illness plus he was uncomfortable lead to the reaction. My humble opinion only.

https://www.12up.com/posts/bobby-kn...-tv-indiana-purdue-assembly-hall-01e0k9b1k1n8

Purdue vs IU basketball games in the Gene & Bobby years remains the best sporting events I ever attended. The intensity of the crowd, players, and coaches was awesome. Purdue has won 9 of the last 10 games (or something close to that). :ROFLMAO:(y) Bobby Knight was a blue blood coach. IU is not a blue blood program.

that was great! Yes Bobby was playing around with Vitale. He clearly scripted that interaction so he could set up the Defense chant. I had season tickets for Bobby's last years at IU and got to play my intramural championship game on that floor.

IU was definitely a blue blood program. it's clearly down. but not calling it a blue blood is just another knock like your "Ass Hall" comment. Typical boilermaker response.

that was great! Yes Bobby was playing around with Vitale. He clearly scripted that interaction so he could set up the Defense chant. I had season tickets for Bobby's last years at IU and got to play my intramural championship game on that floor.

IU was definitely a blue blood program. it's clearly down. but not calling it a blue blood is just another knock like your "Ass Hall" comment. Typical boilermaker response.
Good to know there’s a Hoosier out there! Enjoyed lots of friendly banter over the years about banners, Big 10 championships, head to head records, etc. The state of Indiana needs IU to get better. It’s great for both programs. BTW, just busting your chops about Assembly Hall. We defer on Bobby’s health. I’ve listen to him speak numerous times over the years and enjoyed when he broadcasted games. Dementia is an extremely cruel disease. Pure speculation, but the timing of this public appearance is not a coincidence. Hope I’m wrong.

The tweet was recent. It was referring to the difference between this weekends game and last years. Honest mistake. lol!!
Sorry for the confusion, I meant that was Coach K walking by Roy!

Go Illini! Beat Mich State!

Good to know there’s a Hoosier out there! Enjoyed lots of friendly banter over the years about banners, Big 10 championships, head to head records, etc. The state of Indiana needs IU to get better. It’s great for both programs. BTW, just busting your chops about Assembly Hall. We defer on Bobby’s health. I’ve listen to him speak numerous times over the years and enjoyed when he broadcasted games. Dementia is an extremely cruel disease. Pure speculation, but the timing of this public appearance is not a coincidence. Hope I’m wrong.

i made no comment about his health. Just that I believe that interaction was staged.

As for being a Hoosier, I just went to school there. Thankfully one has to be born into being a Hoosier. I grew up in Ohio. And life long Michigan fan. So pro B1G.

Back