Big Monday tips:

(8) Florida State at (7) Duke (-8.0)
(1) Baylor (-6.0) at Texas
TCU at (24) Texas Tech (-10.0)

Big Monday tips:

(8) Florida State at (7) Duke (-8.0)
(1) Baylor (-6.0) at Texas
TCU at (24) Texas Tech (-10.0)
Wow, shocked Duke is that big a fave over FSU. I know its at camron but Duke usually struggles against FSU.

May have to look at that line. :unsure:

Wow, shocked Duke is that big a fave over FSU. I know its at camron but Duke usually struggles against FSU.

Duke is going to struggle against talented, athletic teams. Not that they can't beat them. As for tonight, I know it's at Cameron, but how much does Duke have left after Saturday night.

i made no comment about his health. Just that I believe that interaction was staged.

As for being a Hoosier, I just went to school there. Thankfully one has to be born into being a Hoosier. I grew up in Ohio. And life long Michigan fan. So pro B1G.
Ouch...a Michigan fan that went to IU is tough to reconcile for this former Ohio State fan that went to Purdue (although I made the switch and am now diehard Old Gold & Black)! Regardless, love the Big Ten... this basketball season has been incredible. Can't take a night off - even NW seems to be leading every game with 5 minutes left!

It's too bad for Carolina because winning that game would have been the highlight of an otherwise forgettable season. As for Duke, I commented here after they lost to Louisville that they need Carey to avoid foul trouble. Duke is really thin in the frontcourt and with Carey in foul trouble, they are at a huge disadvantage.
They were down 13 (77-64) when Carey fouled out with just over 4 mins left. Going small, by necessity here, allowed them to win the game because they spread the floor and abused Carolina off the dribble down the stretch.

I don't understand why Carolina didn't pound it inside to Brooks or Bacot every trip down after Carey fouled out. Brooks was in the game the entire time, and Bacot was on the floor for ~1:30 with him. Duke didn't play a player over 6'6" until putting DeLaurier and Hurt back in with :04 to go.

Ouch...a Michigan fan that went to IU is tough to reconcile for this former Ohio State fan that went to Purdue (although I made the switch and am now diehard Old Gold & Black)! Regardless, love the Big Ten... this basketball season has been incredible. Can't take a night off - even NW seems to be leading every game with 5 minutes left!

My uncle played for Bo. Thus raised Maise and Blue! IU was for graduate school, so in my field you pick the faculty member/research more than the school. (undergrad was at U. Akron)

Florida State is 2-20 at Cameron since joining the ACC.

Go Illini! Beat Mich State!
Even I can get on board with this one!!!
My uncle played for Bo. Thus raised Maise and Blue! IU was for graduate school, so in my field you pick the faculty member/research more than the school. (undergrad was at U. Akron)
Right there with you!!!

Duke is going to struggle against talented, athletic teams. Not that they can't beat them. As for tonight, I know it's at Cameron, but how much does Duke have left after Saturday night.
They will be up for this game, the crazies will keep them going.

Florida State is 2-20 at Cameron since joining the ACC.
ahh, must just be at FSU. LOL!!!
Obviously my recollection is off. Duke is 38-10 since '49-50 against FSU, and 10-4 the last 10 years.
I guess I just remember the last few games being closer. Maybe I've drank too much bourbon. ;)
Here are the last 5 years.

DvF.JPG

Last edited:
On the ladies' side tonight:

(5) Connecticut at (1) South Carolina

UConn is in a dogfight for a 1-seed in the NCAA Tournament with NC State and Mississippi State also in the mix.

Duke unbelievably coddled by refs at home. Nothing new.

Florida State was in the bonus with 10:31 left in the 2nd half. Duke got there at the 3:14 mark.

:confused2:

Go Illini! Beat Mich State!!!

Florida State was in the bonus with 10:31 left in the 2nd half. Duke got there at the 3:14 mark.

:confused2:
FSU 12-20 60%
Duke 17-22 77%

That is what wins games.

FSU 12-20 60%
Duke 17-22 77%

That is what wins games.
FSU is leading the ACC in FT% in all games (76.9%), and is 2nd in conference games (77.7%).

Duke's "FT defense" is best in the league in all games (65.3%), and 4th in conference games (68.4%).

FSU is leading the ACC in FT% in all games (76.9%), and is 2nd in conference games (77.7%).

Duke's "FT defense" is best in the league in all games (65.3%), and 4th in conference games (68.4%).
I knew I shoulda took FSU & the 8. :ROFLMAO:

Go Illini! Beat Mich State!!!

Illinois has lost 2 in a row. Michigan State has dropped 3 straight. Somebody's gotta win, right? The Spartans are a 2-pt road favorite.

Illinois has lost 2 in a row. Michigan State has dropped 3 straight. Somebody's gotta win, right? The Spartans are a 2-pt road favorite.
The battle of the beaten!

I usually like the home team in this league but this one is hard. Neither team is where they were expected at the beginning of the season. I'm going to go with the Spartans. They really need to right the ship.

I usually like the home team in this league but this one is hard. Neither team is where they were expected at the beginning of the season. I'm going to go with the Spartans. They really need to right the ship.
I hope you are wrong. Nice quote from Coach Underwood of the Illini after the Maryland game, "You can't miss 10 free throws and expect to beat a top 10 team". We lost by 9 or 10.

On the ladies' side tonight:

(5) Connecticut at (1) South Carolina

UConn is in a dogfight for a 1-seed in the NCAA Tournament with NC State and Mississippi State also in the mix.
Dud.

UConn poured in 2 pts in the 1st quarter, and was never closer than 8 the rest of the way.

Back