2019-2020 College Basketball Season

I'm a 'Cuse guy so this year has been a disappointment. Maybe they will make some noise in the ACC tournament-if they play. The Ivy League just cancelled their men's and women's basketball tournaments , scheduled for Cambridge, MA., due to the coronavirus.

Will others follow?

For some reason it just feels like they are primed to go on a run and be a spoiler.
They're as healthy as they have been all year. Brooks has been really good the last few weeks, and he's been hitting FTs which has been a big problem at times, since he gets to the line so often.

I think they'll win 2 this week, but not beat Louisville.

I hope they win 0. 😁

Auto-bids on the line tonight:

Horizon: Illinois-Chicago vs Northern Kentucky
Northeast: St. Francis (PA) vs Robert Morris
Colonial: Northeastern vs Hofstra
Summit: North Dakota vs North Dakota State
West Coast: Gonzaga vs St. Mary's
Auto-bid on the line tonight:

Patriot: Boston Univ vs Colgate

All the power leagues get into action today. The Ivy League has cancelled their postseason tournaments. Yale gets the auto-bid for winning the regular season.

NCAA will play in empty stadiums. NIT...smart money says they cancel it.

2 bubble teams with first round losses last night (Stanford and Xavier) might open the door for some others that make runs in the conference tourneys. C'mon Boilers, let's win a couple!

Today and tomorrow are my favorite college basketball days outside of next Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately the excitement is definitely hindered by my sneaky suspicion that they eventually cancel March Madness entirely...

American, Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, C-USA, and A-10 tournaments are over.

It's probably just a matter of time before they cancel everything.

10 mins ago, Florida State was warming up:

Auto-bid on the line tonight:

Patriot: Boston Univ vs Colgate

All the power leagues get into action today. The Ivy League has cancelled their postseason tournaments. Yale gets the auto-bid for winning the regular season.

I don't believe Yale will be playing in the NCAA Tournament. All the Ivy League Hockey teams, who play in the ECAC, have withdrawn from the league tournament. In addition, the Ivy has canceled all spring sports. Based on these actions, I don't envision that Yale will be participating in the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

Creighton and St. John's in action on FS1 in the Big East quarters.

ACC is done.

By conference bylaws, Florida State gets the championship trophy and auto-bid.

Last edited:

Which one, Jay? Duke or State?

This is getting crazy.

Creighton and St. John's in action on FS1 in the Big East quarters.
Big East is finished now.

St. John's was up 38-35 on (5) Creighton at the half.

Probably the correct choice, but their are a lot of teams that are sad they don't get the chance to steal a bid.

He now claims both were not going to show up.

Not sure how accurate his info is. At least 2 State players were ready to go. :confused2:

Last edited:
I'm a 'Cuse guy so this year has been a disappointment. Maybe they will make some noise in the ACC tournament-if they play. The Ivy League just cancelled their men's and women's basketball tournaments , scheduled for Cambridge, MA., due to the coronavirus.

Will others follow?
Well, as a fellow Cuse guy I’m just saying we beat UNC last night and didn’t lose today.

It was Duke.

N&O (paywall)

Duke pressured ACC into canceling tournament by shutting down all Blue Devil sports

Even as ACC commissioner John Swofford said Thursday morning the ACC tournament would continue despite the worldwide coronavirus pandemic, Duke University president Vincent Price had decided the Blue Devils were done.

Just before noon, while Florida State’s players warmed up on the court, Price notified his fellow ACC presidents and Swofford that Duke would suspend all athletic competition, including Thursday’s quarterfinal against N.C. State.
====
“We emphatically support the decision made by Dr. Price today regarding the suspension of athletic competition at Duke,” Krzyzewski said in a statement. “The welfare of our student-athletes, and all students at Duke, is paramount, and this decision reflects that institutional priority. Certainly, I want to applaud Dr. Price, who took a leadership role with his presidential peers and the Atlantic Coast Conference in arriving at this decision.”

I would assume that the NCAA Tournament will be officially canceled tomorrow, if not sooner. Duke and Kansas have announced that they are suspending all athletic activities. I assume other schools will do likewise.

I would assume that the NCAA Tournament will be officially canceled tomorrow, if not sooner. Duke and Kansas have announced that they are suspending all athletic activities. I assume other schools will do likewise.
It will be interesting for sure. With NBA, hockey cancelling there isn't much reason not to.

I was looking forward to Duke vs NC State tonight!

Back