2019-2020 College Basketball Season

RU looking to go 2-8 down the stretch after starting 16-4. Rutgers gunna Rutgers, I guess.
Rutgers has had been the surprise of the B1G. IMO. Hopefully they have established enough to make the tournament.

Rutgers has had been the surprise of the B1G. IMO. Hopefully they have established enough to make the tournament.

The surprise of the B1G throughout the season, but they were picked to finish 12th in the league this year and if they lose these next 3 they'll finish... 12th. An unbelievable setback to have happened in a matter of a month. As a fan and faculty member of the University however... a story old as time on the Banks of the Raritan :banghead:

Noles twitter team was bringing the heat last night.

Big Ten is getting crazy. Five teams tied for 2nd place and only 2 behind Maryland.

Old school Big 4 action on Tobacco Road tonight.

#7 Duke (-10.5) at Wake Forest
NC State at North Carolina (-2.5)

Duke needs a win to tie FSU at the top. State needs a win to avoid the season sweep by last-place Carolina. The Heels have lost 7 straight since beating State in Raleigh.

Duke needs a win to tie FSU at the top. State needs a win to avoid the season sweep by last-place Carolina. The Heels have lost 7 straight since beating State in Raleigh.

Just watched the end of the NC - State game. That has to hurt State to lose twice to this UNC team.

No excuse for Duke to lose that game. And to lose that lead late in regulation.

Raise your hand if you had the UNC - Wake parlay.

I was going to post that wake upset and backed off it. Shame.

Talk about bizarro world...no real dominant ACC basketball teams, but 4 ACC wrestling teams in the Nations Top 10 (3-NCST, 7-UNC, 8-Pitt, 10-VT)

That has to hurt State to lose twice to this UNC team.
Disappointing but expected, at this point.

Since Roy Williams took over (2003/04 season), Carolina is 32-4 against State. He may be the only person in the world wearing Carolina blue that would rather beat State than Duke.

Last edited:
Just saw that Duke lost in double OT. Would have liked to have watched that game. They are playing themselves out of a good seeding, hopefully it makes them hungry again.

Just saw that Duke lost in double OT. Would have liked to have watched that game. They are playing themselves out of a good seeding, hopefully it makes them hungry again.
They aren't the only ones.

They led by 9 with 1:21 to go in regulation. Three turnovers and 1-2 on FTs; Wake finished on a 10-1 run to force OT.

They led by 9 with 1:21 to go in regulation. Three turnovers and 1-2 on FTs; Wake finished on a 10-1 run to force OT.
OK, I thought I saw that correctly. When I saw that Wake won, I assumed I misread the score at the bottom of the screen.

That sounds like UK almost every game. So far, luckily they have held on to win.

That is just piss poor ball handling.

I think Florida St. stands to benefit from the late season play of Duke and Louisville provide they can win the ACC regular season and? or tourney. But I think Duke will somehow get a #2 and be placed in Greensboro. And Florida St. will likely play its opening round games in Tampa.

Come on Michigan. Pull this game out!!!!!!!

Got my tickets today downloaded to my phone for the First and Second Round NCAA games in Albany on Thursday 3/19 and Saturday 3/21

Sorry...Bucky looks to have things figured out right now. Peaking at the right time...(y)
Great road win over Nebraska to get tied with Michigan. ?

Michigan will be ok. They had a rough season with injuries after one heck of a start to the season. The B1G is really tough this season and a heck of a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully the league will shoe well in the Tourney.

Illini get another road win.

Great road win over Nebraska to get tied with Michigan. ?

Michigan will be ok. They had a rough season with injuries after one heck of a start to the season. The B1G is really tough this season and a heck of a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully the league will shoe well in the Tourney.

I agree, the conference is brutal. I also believe they will show well in the tourney. First, the Big 10 tourney will be a bloodbath.

Also to be fair, Wisconsin also has conference road wins over Penn State, Ohio State and now Michigan ?, as well as a win over Maryland and 8 quad 1 wins total. They also had to deal with the associate head coach almost killed by a drunk driver (half his family was), Micah Potter getting screwed out of half his season by the NCAA and a "starter" quitting on the team and the fallout from that. So they've overcome some adversity as well and seem to be picking up some steam now.

Purdue might not make the Tournament this year, but dang if they are not going out with a bang this year. My kids couldn’t believe how loud it was there.

E69103D7-1A84-4E75-B317-8F35455C6160.jpeg

Back