2019-2020 College Football Thread

@baylrballa, you’ve probably heard that Ole Miss - Baylor will be cancelled. No surprise given the circumstances. Hope they can get together on a future date.

@baylrballa, you’ve probably heard that Ole Miss - Baylor will be cancelled. No surprise given the circumstances. Hope they can get together on a future date.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was eventually, but my contacts are saying the decision hasn't been made yet. 🤷‍♂️

ND’a agreement with the ACC provides for, I think, 5 games a season. The ACC can give them more games.

So the ACC could only play in conference or against ND. ND would likely have to agree to give ACC some of its TV money.

ND’a agreement with the ACC provides for, I think, 5 games a season. The ACC can give them more games.

So the ACC could only play in conference or against ND. ND would likely have to agree to give ACC some of its TV money.
The ACC needs to tell them to join or kick rocks.

The ACC needs to tell them to join or kick rocks.

Yes they do. It’s all about ND’s stand alone TV contract. The ACC has tremendous leverage right now.

Yes they do. It’s all about ND’s stand alone TV contract. The ACC has tremendous leverage right now.
I’m sure they’re planning on just televising intersquads on NBC and claiming a title. :ROFLMAO:

I’m sure they’re planning on just televising intersquads on NBC and claiming a title. :ROFLMAO:

Also at issue is ND’s arrangement with the College Football Playoff. And if they were in the ACC they would have to win the conference to likely make the playoffs.

And further complicating things is that they aren’t going to beat Clemson.

The Patriot League has cancelled all Fall sports :( meaning my Lehigh Mountain Hawks will not be playing Lafayette this year. 155 total meetings dating back to 1884. It’s the first year the two schools won’t play against each other since 1896.

This bums me out. Ohio State was suppose to be unreal this season.

I really wanted that rematch in the playoffs and it seems now we will not get it.

I love all of the ND talk. ACC has already said they'll take care of anything ND needs to make a schedule. ND doesn't have to join, why would they? The comments that ND has to turn over their NBC contract money is also wrong. ACC members make more from their own deal than ND gets from NBC, but please continue the hate.

Baby steps.

Masks seem aggressive. Wonder how that works in the locker room.

of course, he said he wants to see that... Or ND go 2-8.
9be595d894f31d65a357766233f042b7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Harvey Updyke is dead.

The SEC, ACC, PAC, and Big 14 have made their announcements. What's the Big 12-2 going to do? Conference only like the others or the ACC model?

Based on what I've heard, the SEC will attempt to have fan attendance. I've heard 50% capacity at the most and 25-33% is more likely.

Ole Miss hasn't announced that the Grove and other campus grounds will be closed for tailgating but I expect that it's coming. I know MSState has announced no tailgating on its grounds, I'm not sure about other schools.

ETA: Schools in kickoff games are losing that revenue. G5 schools that fill a lot of non-con games are losing tons of money with these schedules.

Is this the jumping off point for the Power 5 to have its own division with the G5, independents and former P5 schools having their own gig?

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone can watch how the MLB is already scrambling to contain outbreaks after a week of games and think that college football has any chance of happening, given they have 3-4 times the roster size and players that will be interacting with thousands of others on school campuses.

The SEC, ACC, PAC, and Big 14 have made their announcements. What's the Big 12-2 going to do? Conference only like the others or the ACC model?

Based on what I've heard, the SEC will attempt to have fan attendance. I've heard 50% capacity at the most and 25-33% is more likely.

Ole Miss hasn't announced that the Grove and other campus grounds will be closed for tailgating but I expect that it's coming. I know MSState has announced no tailgating on its grounds, I'm not sure about other schools.

ETA: Schools in kickoff games are losing that revenue. G5 schools that fill a lot of non-con games are losing tons of money with these schedules.

Is this the jumping off point for the Power 5 to have its own division with the G5, independents and former P5 schools having their own gig?

There is much to digest here.

The Big 12 will be forced to be reactive. The other conference have acted. I would assume a conference only schedule there.

I think the fan attendance numbers are a pipe dream. I think 20-25 % or less is more realistic.

The SEC may find that playing more conference games and not scheduling the guarantee games may lead to more losses in a season. Playing 10 conference games as opposed to 8 may have an effect.

I don't know the ultimate result that this will have on the college football landscape but it doesn't look promising for the non Power 5 FBS teams.

Playing 10 conference games as opposed to 8 may have an effect.
I think that plays into the hands of bigger programs - Alabama, LSU, Florida, and Georgia who have the deepest rosters. Auburn and Tennessee could jump in there from time to time. TAMU has a bunch of talent but its roster and production is a notch below the 6.

PAC12 players sent a letter to the conference with demands before they play!!! The call it the PAC12 football unity demands!

Micah Parsons opting out from Penn State’s season 😭 and now UConn first “FBS team” to cancel their season.

Back