2019-2020 College Football Thread

for big 12 schools i've paid attention too, way more athletes came back to school with covid than have contracted it since being back on campus. Getting tested constantly and having a structure and motivation to do so will lead to less (not zero) cases. Going home to who knows what living situation, hanging out with friends, being back around parents and grandparents is likely more high risk.

problem is schools wanting to avoid liability in the first scenario, decisions are not being made for safety of the kids.
100% this

Well, the B1G officially cancelled the season. We already have one 4 star from Florida decommit and I wouldn't be shocked if more go!

Well, the B1G officially cancelled the season. We already have one 4 star from Florida decommit and I wouldn't be shocked if more go!
If other conferences play and the big 10 does not. It's going to take years to recover talent wise.

The remaining Power 5 Conferences, wait and see, or:

They are still looking for a season in the spring...just not sure how that happens.

Meanwhile in the ACC............

tenor.gif

They are still looking for a season in the spring...just not sure how that happens.
Trust me, that will never happen. They just put that in as an appeasement clause! Ryan Day and the AD are looking at what they can do outside of the B1G, but realistically and logistically I don't "think" that would happen.

The SEC will be the last to cancel/postpone, if they do, and I'm not sure they will.

Appears someone can make a 2020-2021 College Football Thread. Big 12 looks to be moving forward with a season to be released soon. Initial reaction from ACC and SEC.....

tenor.gif

Is Notre Dame playing an ACC schedule or are they just going to play a cupcake game and then claim they deserve a spot in the playoff?

Is Notre Dame playing an ACC schedule or are they just going to play a cupcake game and then claim they deserve a spot in the playoff?
10 game ACC schedule and eligible for the conf title game, plus 1 non-conf TBA.

Just crazy. I dont agree with it, I think they should play. But hey, its whatever. I just sit back and watch the sh*tshow

Just crazy. I dont agree with it, I think they should play. But hey, its whatever. I just sit back and watch the sh*tshow
And that's exactly what it is.

The B1G has nothing but a bunch of spineless a-holes who really don't care for anything but to make a statement. For the record, our president and AD both voted to play but the final vote was 12-2. The economy will take a big(huge) hit, recruiting will take a hit, players who practiced hard for the season, but yet somehow b-ball will continue. Obviously I'm pizzed over this but that will pass also. They say spring ball, but I say no way that will happen. Oh well, I'm going golfing today F-it.

The B1G has nothing but a bunch of spineless a-holes who really don't care for anything but to make a statement. For the record, our president and AD both voted to play but the final vote was 12-2. The economy will take a big(huge) hit, recruiting will take a hit, players who practiced hard for the season, but yet somehow b-ball will continue. Obviously I'm pizzed over this but that will pass also. They say spring ball, but I say no way that will happen. Oh well, I'm going golfing today F-it.

Look at the bright side, "Spring" football in Wisconsin and Minnesota will be most pleasant! I hear the weather is awesome there that time of the year.

You know....any more I dont get fired up about it. There isnt a point to get worked up over it anymore. I just take care of myself and try and ignore all the dumb sh*t and decisions going around.

And for the record, if anyone reading this doesnt agree with what I just said. Just keep it to yourself. Not trying to be political

You know....any more I dont get fired up about it. There isnt a point to get worked up over it anymore. I just take care of myself and try and ignore all the dumb sh*t and decisions going around.

And for the record, if anyone reading this doesnt agree with what I just said. Just keep it to yourself. Not trying to be political
Totally agree, just had to vent!

This may be the beginning of the end of the NCAA and it's relationship with FBS Football, or at least the Power 5 Conferences. The individual conferences are deciding whether or not they are going to play without direction or guidance from the NCAA. If the NCAA was giving directions, they all would not be playing. The NCAA really has no say in what the conferences are doing or are going to do.

Realistically, what does the Power 5 need the NCAA for? We know why the NCAA needs the Power 5. $$$$$$$$$.

This may be the beginning of the end of the NCAA and it's relationship with FBS Football, or at least the Power 5 Conferences. The individual conferences are deciding whether or not they are going to play without direction or guidance from the NCAA. If the NCAA was giving directions, they all would not be playing. The NCAA really has no say in what the conferences are doing or are going to do.

Realistically, what does the Power 5 need the NCAA for? We know why the NCAA needs the Power 5. $$$$$$$$$.
Great point! I see this as the first step to a change in the College Football landscape.

Exactly..they're the one who should be in the forefront deciding what's best for college sports as a whole not each conference deciding what it wants to do. they only thig they like and want is

Back