2019-2020 College Football Thread

So well said. I genuinely don’t care who wins, but I would like some good football games. That’s it for me.
Although I don’t think 4 to 8 is the answer. I think removing OOC cupcakes is and conferences altogether.

4 to 8 isn’t the answer, 4 to 16 is. Conferences won’t be going away, nor will cupcake games (money games for the smaller schools). 16 teams with auto bids for each power 5 champion and the highest ranked group of 5 team. Ten at large bids. Seed them into four regions, one for each of the four major bowls. First round is an on campus home game for the top eight seeds (so the “regular season matters”), second round is the regional finals represented by the major bowls. Then FB gets its own final four to hype. At 16 teams, SoS matters less until you’re rounding out the field where you might be arguing whether a 3 loss P5 or a 1 loss G5 gets the final spot.

This would get rid of the griping about seeding we’re seeing now since each of the current top four would be respective one seeds (maybe some over which region their placed into, but whatever). G5 gets a seat at the table and a chance to knock off one or more of the big boys. And teams don’t have to worry about a late loss leaving them with no shot at a title.

With the current football schedule, that's way too much football. I'm sure that many of the smaller bowls would object also. Weather would also be an issue with some of the northern schools.

With the current football schedule, that's way too much football. I'm sure that many of the smaller bowls would object also. Weather would also be an issue with some of the northern schools.

So drop a game from the schedule. No doubt most teams out there have a cupcake or two that could be left off the schedule. If a couple of smaller bowls fall by the wayside is that any great consequence? So we might not have a compelling matchup between two 6-6 powerhouses the day after Christmas? Horrors! And be sure to tell all the other divisions with 16 team (and larger) playoff fields that it’s “way too much football”.

I agree that something needs to be done, but I question expanding it to 16 teams. Maybe it will happen but I'm sure that the NCAA in their infinite wisdom, if a change is made, it will only be a half baked version of what we would like to see.

I knew that Chuba Hubbard wouldn’t win the Heisman, due to several factors (but assumed that he’d at least be invited). I also made the assumption that the Doak Walker award would be given to the top running back.

Chuba led the nation in:
Rushing yards
Rushing yards per game
Rushing TDs
Rushing yards after contact
All purpose yards
All purpose yards per game

But yet, somehow, he didn’t win the award. Not sure how Taylor could trail in all of those categories, yet win the award for the top running back.

I knew that Chuba Hubbard wouldn’t win the Heisman, due to several factors (but assumed that he’d at least be invited). I also made the assumption that the Doak Walker award would be given to the top running back.

Chuba led the nation in:
Rushing yards
Rushing yards per game
Rushing TDs
All purpose yards

But yet, somehow, he didn’t win the award. Not sure how Taylor could trail in all of those categories, yet win the award for the top running back.
It sucks and its wrong, but he played on a mediocre team. All these awards have become popularity contests more than anything nowadays.

Yeah, it has become a logo problem.

Chuba led the nation in:
Rushing yards
Rushing yards per game
Rushing TDs
All purpose yards

just a sham these days.

Crazy stat of the year: Clemson RB Travis Etienne has 6 carries in the 4th quarter this season.

Crazy stat of the year: Clemson RB Travis Etienne has 6 carries in the 4th quarter this season.

Probably all in the UNC game. No other game was in doubt that late. Can't blame Dabo for protecting his stars. Bet Saban wish he had.

Tomorrow is Heisman Trophy Day...

Hand him the Heisman....

Hand him the Heisman....
The pride of THE state of Louisiana!
f19aabaa4bee0d378b6897303280bb63.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I want Burrow and Trevor Lawrence to star in a remake of zoolander.

Hand him the Heisman....

Yep. Should be fairly landslide too. Fields being a sophomore means him and Lawrence will probably be the top front runners next year but it’s been Burrow’s year

Hafley leaving tOSU to become HC at Boston College.

It will be interesting to see how many projected draft picks make “business decisions” and sit out the bowl games. I wouldn’t expect it for the playoff teams but the some of those new year day bowls....

Well, the school that is getting a bunch of our money (Valdosta State University) lost in the Division II quarterfinals last week to the University of West Florida ( who happens to be my alma marter). I was then given permission by the females in my house to pull for UWF after that result. They just won their semifinal game so will be playing for the championship. VSU was #1 all year and Ferris State, who they beat today, was #2 all year.

It's time to watch Joe Burrow collect the ultimate College Football individual honor.

Watched the Army - Navy game today. Always try to watch. It’s the only college football game where everyone playing is willing to give his life for everyone watching.

Joe Heisman! Geaux Tigers!

Whelp. This tugged at the heart. Pretty awesome opening for the Army-Navy game in 2017

Back