2019/2020 Soccer Thread

Man city banned 2 years from UEFA club competitions including the Champions league for violations related to club licensing and so-called financial fair play rules — cost controls put in place by UEFA to try to mitigate the growing gap between rich clubs and poor ones in European leagues.

Man city banned 2 years from UEFA club competitions including the Champions league for violations related to club licensing and so-called financial fair play rules — cost controls put in place by UEFA to try to mitigate the growing gap between rich clubs and poor ones in European leagues.
Yikes, that’s massive.

So if I'm not mistaken, the 5th place team in the EPL will qualify for Champions this year?

So if I'm not mistaken, the 5th place team in the EPL will qualify for Champions this year?
Yep, if City finish top 4. Next year too. They are appealing though.

City could have points deducted from the Premier League as well. Good year to do it since they aren't winning the league this season anyway.

Phoenix Rising exhibition against Columbus Crew tonight. Pretty cool to get to see Zardes play even though we are PHX fans.
D826E454-B663-4C3E-A57C-B507F8387DB9.jpeg

In layman's terms, what did MC do to get banned for 2 years?

In layman's terms, what did MC do to get banned for 2 years?
As I understand it, they misrepresented how much money they were making from sponsorship deals which allowed them to spend way more than they should have been on players.

Phoenix Rising exhibition against Columbus Crew tonight. Pretty cool to get to see Zardes play even though we are PHX fans.
View attachment 8928008
I heard a cool story about why Zardes dyes his hair blonde. Evidently his grandparents would come to his games but have a hard time picking him out on the field. So he started to dye his hair so they would know which one he was out there!

Wanted to start something up in the thread and I hope I'm not shunned for bringing this up, but any interest in MLS? I see there are a few recent posts about it but anyone do any serious type of following? Being from SLC I'm a big fan of RSL and follow them pretty religiously. Looks to be a tough season for RSL this year as they seem to not have made any direct moves to find a high powered striker so they will find themselves relying heavily on the back line. Any thoughts on your own MLS team?

Wanted to start something up in the thread and I hope I'm not shunned for bringing this up, but any interest in MLS? I see there are a few recent posts about it but anyone do any serious type of following? Being from SLC I'm a big fan of RSL and follow them pretty religiously. Looks to be a tough season for RSL this year as they seem to not have made any direct moves to find a high powered striker so they will find themselves relying heavily on the back line. Any thoughts on your own MLS team?
My team is too much about social justice to get interested in their b******* team and league. Nice stadium and all that, but it's too much rubbish to get behind them. ?

I really like watching MLS games. It's entertaining in a way that Euro leagues can't understand. It's not great soccer, but damn it's fun to watch. I don't have an emotional attachment to any team, but I do love Minnesota having a Target on their chest. Best keeper shirts in the world.

Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Saturday, February 22

Champions League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Tuesday, February 25

Reds comeback from 2-1 down to get the 3-2 win against a game West Ham side today. #YWNA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Champions League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Wednesday, February 26

City win 2-1 after being down 1-0 after 60 minutes. Both teams played great.

Watford hold Liverpool scoreless in the first half and almost take the lead deep into stoppage time. But it's still 0-0 with Liverpool needing a win to set the consecutive wins record. So Go Watford!

Watford hold Liverpool scoreless in the first half and almost take the lead deep into stoppage time. But it's still 0-0 with Liverpool needing a win to set the consecutive wins record. So Go Watford!

This is the ugliest match I’ve watched this year. I haven’t seen such poor performances since Olé forgot to get Man U off the bus for the Burnley match.

This is the ugliest match I’ve watched this year. I haven’t seen such poor performances since Olé forgot to get Man U off the bus for the Burnley match.
I think it's awesome at the moment!

Back