2019/2020 Soccer Thread

Even awesomer now! Watford better not think they have this one in the bag though.

Unbelievable, 3-0 Watford with 18 minutes left.

Very cool of Klopp to go up to the Watford players and congratulate them on their win.

Did Liverpool play this morning? I saw Watford playing against some players in red jerseys, but that didn’t look like Liverpool. lol

Unreal.

Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Sunday, March 1
  • Everton vs. Man United, 9am, NBCSN, Telemundo, fuboTV, Hulu Live, Sling Blue and AT&T TV Now (free trial)
  • Spurs vs. Wolves, 9am, NBC Sports Gold
  • Manchester City vs. Aston Villa (League Cup Final), 11:30am, ESPN+

Bruno Fernandez, at least so far, has been one of the best decisions United have made in years. TBD if he can keep it up. But looks good so far

Unbiased opinion...Was the offside in the EVEMUN correct? Curious what others think. I have a perspective as a former referee but I’m curious if everyone else has a different perspective.

Unbiased opinion...Was the offside in the EVEMUN correct? Curious what others think. I have a perspective as a former referee but I’m curious if everyone else has a different perspective.
Biased opinion, yes haha. Unbiased opinion I am not sure. I think the argument was that he was offside and didn’t allow de gea to see the ball once it was deflected, so at that point became in play, since normally that would be perfectly fine if he was onsides.

Biased opinion, yes haha. Unbiased opinion I am not sure. I think the argument was that he was offside and didn’t allow de gea to see the ball once it was deflected, so at that point became in play, since normally that would be perfectly fine if he was onsides.
Yeah it is for sure a tight call here. I don't think he directly impacted his ability to make the save because I don't think he was getting to it whether he was there or not. However, I could see where you could make the argument that he couldn't see the deflection because the was either shielded by the player on the ground or was distracted by him. Either way, tight call and an extremely nervy way to end a match

Watching the League Cup final and approaching halftime. City should jettison John Stones. Always seems to eff stuff up.

carabao cup 2020.JPG

FA Cup TV schedule
All times Eastern

Tuesday, March 3
  • Chelsea vs. Liverpool (FA Cup 5th Round), 2:45pm, ESPN+
  • Reading vs. Sheffield United (FA Cup 5th Round), 3pm, ESPN+
  • West Brom vs. Newcastle (FA Cup 5th Round), 3pm, ESPN+

Wow, Chelsea beats Liverpool 2-0 in the FA Cup. Two losses in a row for the Scousers.

Still little to no chance for them to lose the league title, but nice to see them slumping a little.

FA Cup TV schedule
All times Eastern

Wednesday, March 4
  • Sheffield Wednesday vs. Man City (FA Cup 5th Round), 2:45pm, ESPN+
  • Leicester vs. Birmingham (FA Cup 5th Round), 2:45pm, ESPN+
  • Spurs vs. Norwich (FA Cup 5th Round), 2:45pm, ESPN+

As much as it pains me to say it, if they cut the season short because of the virus & the red shite don't get the trophy I think that's a tragedy, Merseyside needs some silverware even if it is that side of Stanley Park

I'd sacrifice the rest of the season just to add an asterisk to the trophy. :LOL:

Expecting a full recovery

Unlikely, and what would an Everton supporter know of Europe?

We have a long enough & troubled history that I'll live not being there - for now

Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

— Last updated: March 6, 2020

Saturday, March 7

Back