2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

Hot damn. This 3 wood could be the best investment I have made in a while. Just absolutely bombing it when I use it off the tee. Could be the easiest fairway wood to launch off the deck that I have ever hit. Hit it off the first tee last night. With a 10 mph tail wind and a healthy kick, it was well over 3 bills. I am trying to think back to a time where I hit a 3 wood that far off the tee and I am not coming up with anything.

I have a heavenwood waiting on me when I get home. I can’t wait to put it into play.
I ponder that club every once in a while, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Hot damn. This 3 wood could be the best investment I have made in a while. Just absolutely bombing it when I use it off the tee. Could be the easiest fairway wood to launch off the deck that I have ever hit. Hit it off the first tee last night. With a 10 mph tail wind and a healthy kick, it was well over 3 bills. I am trying to think back to a time where I hit a 3 wood that far off the tee and I am not coming up with anything.
Dude, that's ridiculous under almost any circumstances.

I ponder that club every once in a while, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Dude, that's ridiculous under almost any circumstances.

Lol, this FW is ridiculous. Haven't even messed with the weights. Don't think I even have to.

I have a heavenwood waiting on me when I get home. I can’t wait to put it into play.
I have played with mine 3 or 4 rounds now, I really love it. Such an easy club to hit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I sold one of these during my league match the other night. After ripping my Flash 3w 30+ yards past his driver for the 8th time he pulled it from the bag and said "what the heck is in this thing?!" I gave him the tech rundown and he was extremely interested.

For some reason, I struggled with this 3W today. The 5W, however, SHINED! It played perfectly into a few doglegs that made the turn after 190-220yds.
These fairways just launch. The 3W will get more practice this week, but the 5W is a favorite. It's not used as often but it's ready when called upon, with a flight that doesn't balloon but still carries nicely.

This is starting to become my favorite club. When the shot calls for this bad boy, I'm pumped. Off the tee it's fantastic. Easiest FW to lift off the deck that I've ever played.

I'm even getting confident enough to start digging this out of the cabbage a bit. Hit an absolute laser out of the rough to put me just off the green on a par 5. Dead into the wind. Just stayed dead straight and carried forever.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I currently game a rogue 4 wood. Im strongly considering moving to a 5 wood in the EF or EF Sub zero. Any rhoughts on distance of the rogue 4 wood vs the new 5 wood aet at 17 or 18 degrees?

Late to the party on this one, but the Sub Zero 3w with the Evenflow Green shaft will be in my bag soon once I place my order

7mph average ball speed increase over my current 3w, and 16yds total distance gain is not something to ignore

The average ball speed for the 3w was only 4mph slower than the driver, and I get the feeling that I am going to have to re-learn how to play my home course as looking at the numbers I am going to be in spots I am not used to, but in a good way...

So my EF 3w is taking a time out of the bag - I've been struggling with it.
Not from the tee as much from the fairway. It just doesn't feel right to me, like the head is light.
I especially noticed it when I put my EX10 Beta back in the bag. The head feels heavier to me and I get a smoother swing.
I actually took my EF head, lofted it up to a 17*, grabbed a 5W shaft I had made with an adaptor and used it as a strong 4/5 wood.
Let's see if taming down my expectations doesn't elevate some angst I have.

So today I had an approach sitting in some thin rough but the ball sitting up nicely. I'm 251 out from the front of the green and think to myself there's no way I can reach that. I pull the Sub Zero 3 wood out, put a good swing on it although slightly on the heel, the ball rockets out of the lie and is a laser just slightly left of the green. It ends up just left of the green and had I hit it straight would have been on the green.

I drive up to my opponent and all he could say was "what the F club did you just hit?". Evidently he didn't think I could make it either.

I love these fairway woods .

Can anyone comare the EF or EF SZ 5 wood to the rogue 4 wood in terms of distance and forgiveness?

Can anyone comare the EF or EF SZ 5 wood to the rogue 4 wood in terms of distance and forgiveness?

I had the Rogue 4w and currently have the EF 5W. Distance wise I’d say it’s every bit as long. Froma forgiveness perspective that’s hard bc the Rogue was forgiving for me, but the EF is hotter across the face so I guess it’s more forgiving.

Really wish we had more options for club work around here. I'm liking the 3w but feel like the shaft is just to light. Want to put my hzrdus red in it and bought the right tip but haven't been able to get in touch with the one guy who does work around here. Guess I'll have to take a Saturday and head over to a club worker, looking at a 1 1/2 drive one way.

One of these days I really need to learn to do simple stuff like switching tips.

This thing is a monster off the tee. Hit it twice last night into driver distance territory. Loving this as a second tee option, and this is the first 3W I've said that about in a long time. Hit it off the deck a couple times and both were pretty reasonable for me. Will require some work there to make sure I continue seeing results, but so far I'm super impressed. Not at the 'I must now have the 5W/HW' stage yet, but it's a legit possibility. Right now the EF 3W is outshining the driver, which is also excellent, for me. Sure there's some swing issues there, but still for me to say a 3W is outshining a driver is just downright weird feeling.

I sold one of these during my league match the other night. After ripping my Flash 3w 30+ yards past his driver for the 8th time he pulled it from the bag and said "what the heck is in this thing?!" I gave him the tech rundown and he was extremely interested.

I may have had a similar situation this weekend. Hit my EF 3W a touch past my partner's "just ok" drive, and offered him a swing with it. He proceeded to blast it 20 yards by his drive at least. He's in full ponder mode for sure this week.

So my EF 3w is taking a time out of the bag - I've been struggling with it.
Not from the tee as much from the fairway. It just doesn't feel right to me, like the head is light.
I especially noticed it when I put my EX10 Beta back in the bag. The head feels heavier to me and I get a smoother swing.
I actually took my EF head, lofted it up to a 17*, grabbed a 5W shaft I had made with an adaptor and used it as a strong 4/5 wood.
Let's see if taming down my expectations doesn't elevate some angst I have.

That's weird Mark. Did you go with a heavier shaft? I ordered my with a 75g and it swingweights out to right at D2 IIRC. May be worth some lead tape to see if you can get the feel back where you want.

Anxiously awaiting the FedEx man with the EF 5W. I blame @Mikeg_74 for this.

This club continued to shine for me in league, for the two holes I needed it on. Was messing around pre-round and took some shots off the deck while practicing and I'm pretty happy with how this 3W is working out for me. Just swing smooth and let it rip. In the fairway and close enough to where an ok drive would be that I'm rarely hitting more than 1 club extra into greens. Still the star of the EF release for me so far.

Last round was the most fun yet I've had with the EF 3wd. I hit a couple really nice bombs with it...one playing partner joked that the club couldn't be legal. LOL. I outdrove everyone in the group with a toe-side shot too and they all used driver.

Seriously fun and really enjoy the ball flight...for me, the good ones are medium height baby draws that pierce through the air and roll for probably 10-20 yards.

I'm excited to hit it again.

5 wood, out of the rough, 235 yards out and it absolutely cuts through the grass and shoots out like a rocket leaving me pin high on the left rough. This has to be one of my all time favorite clubs.

I hit 2 3wds today that left me and my partner staring. Launched high and carried with fantastic roll out which the we two par 5s into Driver-3W-Wedge.. sometimes I wish the flight was a little more penatrating but I can't argue with the forgiveness of the flight and carry. These bad boys sing off the face!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Hot and cold with this. When it is on it is considerably longer than my 816 alpha, I just have a hard time controlling it and it is in my head. 816 is a fairway finder with a consistent little draw, EF is either straight or leaks way right. Shows so much potential but I’m having trouble trusting it.

I'm going to keep this short.

If you want to hit the ball dead straight and basically as far as your driver - get a Flash SZ 3 Wood. So much fun ripping the ball down field with this club, and the flight on a well struck shot is damn near perfection. I've always been a guy to pull driver constantly but this 3 wood has almost made the driver redundant.

255 into the wind. Tap in eagle. Epic Flash Sz 3 wood is insanely consistent for me.
660c4b0f0e02142794a300e24070f394.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hit a terrible drive on 8 today. Left myself 245 to the green. 3w to about 6’ for a birdie putt I didn’t deserve

f2688f1784c27d6344b75b6a94cc9f00.jpg

Back