2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

although I had a super night at the range with the mav 3w, there's something about a flash 4w that keeps calling my name for a better tee option. a little more loft, but a flatter trajectory and maybe a slightly smaller footprint. we hit the ef fairway at my ecpc fitting, and I freaking loved it. but gerritt didn't love it for me. one of us is a tour fitter who works with some of the biggest names on Callaway's staff. the other is not smart and not good at golf and should listen to people named gerritt.

Debating on picking up a Epic flash 3w SZ to replace my Epic 3w. I'm a pretty high spin player...am I giving much up going to the SZ flavour or should I just look at the regular Epic flash 3w

I have a 3w and 5w lofted +2 SZ sitting in my bag, just waiting for someone to love them and take them out to even the range. It’s about time to see if they’re just as filthy as their big brother.

I just upgraded from my exotic 3w to the epic flash. won't get to hit it for a few weeks.

After struggling with my EF 3W for months I made a lift adjustment. Holy crazy distance Batman. I mean this was covering close to the same distance as my driver. Crazy to think I could barely hit it previously.

Been loving EF 3 (16*) and 7 (20*).
I’m not a high ball hitter with Woods. Getting launch is my objective on fairway metal.
This combo fits perfectly
It’s only fw that I can actually hit it from turf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone want to talk me out of getting a Epic Flash 3w today from CPO?

I was planning to try out the mavrik or speedzone 3 woods. but basically free after trade ins upgrade from rogue to epic flash is tempting me strong.

I was planning to try out the mavrik or speedzone 3 woods. but basically free after trade ins upgrade from rogue to epic flash is tempting me strong.

If it’s not going to cost you anything, then upgrade away. Flash fairway is a pretty solid offering, might I add :)

A nice $$$$ gesture, I can begin anytime. Just hit that buy button !!!!

100%... I recently did CPO with the SubZero 3W and it's a fantastic fairway wood

Was hammering my EF 3W off the tee this weekend. Great second option for me. Between it and my Rogue 3H I'm finding less and less need for driver off the tee.

I only use 3W off the deck, and usually not more than 1 or 2 times per round. Yesterday I hit the best two 3 wood shots, perhaps ever. Epic Flash 3w is working out great.

Separately, I am also loving the 7W. Fairway finder off the tee on those short tight par 4s.

Got to hit a flash heavenwood I had no idea a wood could be so easy and fun to hit not sure I got a place in my bag for one also first time I hit the flash fairway not sure Why just late to party may try a 3 or 5 don’t need one just like to try them all

Pondering a blind purchase off CPO of the standard Epic Flash 3 wood but not sure if the Even Flow Green stiff (66g) is too light? I'm currently in the Rogue SZ with Even Flow Blue stiff (78g) but looking for a little more forgiveness in my 3 wood. They have the Tensei Blue (77g) available, any thoughts on that shaft?

Received an EF 3 wood from CPO today. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. Sure looks sweet. Need to figure out the fwy wood part of my bag as I don't need a 3, 5 and 7 fwy wood in the bag.

I have an Epic Heavenwood that I love. Would there be benefit in going to an EF Heavenwood? I am not sure there would be that much of a jump in performance to justify the spend.

My goodness this 3 wood is long. I was using old tech (V Series) and I’m about 25-30 yards longer. Off the tee on Saturday roped a tidy baby draw and lasered it at 265, about 10 yards behind my buddy’s M4 driver (& he hits longer than me). I really want to get the 5 wood but afraid my gaps will go to heck and the 5 wood fills its space perfectly. Such easy distance, just love this thing!

I really love the EF 3wd as a backup tee option... I've hit some awesome tee shots with hit the last couple months

Can someone who has a EF SZ 5 wood do me a favor? Can you remove the front weight screw and see if there is cotton (or something that looks like cotton ball) in there? I just pulled my front weight to make an adjustment and found some cotton like stuff inside the head. I tried to pull it out and it feels like it is attached.

I’m not sure if this is stock or something that was added by the previous owner. Thanks.

Can someone who has a EF SZ 5 wood do me a favor? Can you remove the front weight screw and see if there is cotton (or something that looks like cotton ball) in there? I just pulled my front weight to make an adjustment and found some cotton like stuff inside the head. I tried to pull it out and it feels like it is attached.

I’m not sure if this is stock or something that was added by the previous owner. Thanks.

Sounds like previous owner stuff to me.

I was able to get out my new EF 3 wood and feel it's easier to hit than my previous Rogue SZ. Nice draws on a short par 4. Haven't hit it yet off the fairway but looking forward to that. Beautiful club with the Tensei Blue shaft.

Here’s what I’m seeing in the front port.
36F58A06-AECB-4512-8C53-417F31755F79.jpeg

Sounds like a previous owner thing, like they glued a cotton ball in there to change the sound of it.

Back