2019 Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairways

from the website, it's the lightest options available. specs have it as 40g/50g for both men and women.

Thinking the EF Green in 65 at 5.5 will be a good option for me. Looks like only the 40 and 50 are offered so wondering if the 60 will be an up charge.

Was this driver setting or something else I'm not seeing w/ the FWY's? *Confused* but if you are knocking 3W's almost out of the range then I'm getting one of these for sure!!:D

Wrong thread, meant to post in driver thread. The 3Ws are long my friend. I think you should give it go.

man I hope that hosel makes its way to the drivers in the near future

I have historically been a very poor fairway wood player despite what my handicap should indicate. Some fat, some thin, not many would launch high and carry for me. I am a low spin player across the board and was fit into the standard Epic Flash fairway woods, originally set to +2/N for both during the fitting. Since coming home I have gained so much confidence in the two clubs that I look forward to hitting them off the deck and have adjusted the adapters on both to +1/N. I may even eventually go S/N.

The last time I played I had almost 190 in to the 18th. Normally that would be my old 4W getting that distance with roll. My 5w carried that far and went long!

@army and @kev, you both seem to guys with somewhat positive aoa and lower spin, yet if i'm not mistaken you were both fit into the sz models. that's really interesting to me. have you seen any issues with launch and keeping the ball in the air, particularly off the deck?

@bluehen i think you mentioned that you are coming off the regular rogue fairway. were you fit into the regular flash fairway? any comparisons between the two? i really like my rogue a lot.
The one thing I've learned from this experience is that I used to be WAY too linear in the way I thought about golf clubs and who they work for. I've always thought of clubs and who they fit as a very black & white subject, but I've learned at The Grandaddy that it's just so much more than that.

Individual swings are just so dynamic and there are so many different reasons to end up in one club or another.

When I was getting the best results with a weight forward SZ head, I remember standing there on the ECPC range completely befuddled. I was forced to abandon my current understanding of clubs and who they fit, and accept what I was seeing.

Does the new adapter go from -1 to +2 as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the new adapter go from -1 to +2 as well?

All the adapters have that range and offer S and D settings.

Thinking the EF Green in 65 at 5.5 will be a good option for me. Looks like only the 40 and 50 are offered so wondering if the 60 will be an up charge.

I'm not sure about what Cally will offer but pxshaft.com has info on the Green up now if you want more specs on them.

I actually like the coloring.

Might head down to Carl’s in a couple weeks and these will be on the list to try out.

@army and @kev, you both seem to guys with somewhat positive aoa and lower spin, yet if i'm not mistaken you were both fit into the sz models. that's really interesting to me. have you seen any issues with launch and keeping the ball in the air, particularly off the deck?

@bluehen i think you mentioned that you are coming off the regular rogue fairway. were you fit into the regular flash fairway? any comparisons between the two? i really like my rogue a lot.

I was, we took a degree off the loft to help with gapping as my hybrid was closing in on the low end of my 5w distance. Both are giving me more distance too. With respect to sound for me the Rogue was softer sounding but every shot felt great and I’m sure the jailbreak helped with that too. The Flash has a higher pitched sound for me, but it’s not too high that it annoys me. It’s more of a hot sound, if that makes sense. Off center hits (which I hit quite often) went farther that the Rogue ones.

Epic Flash looks a little wider in both 3 and 5, but with a thinner face profile in 3 only, 5 appears thicker. Alignment aid isn’t as bold too. Epic Flash will be on the left in a pics, first two pics are 3w, last two are 5w.

4cc8543d5374032e4a20484692e98ccf.jpg

68e9bcd6d051531fde5a10767ef0a639.jpg

cac2ce6395d625d0cbaddc062f9e848b.jpg

0f08a86da16542bda45101161e5d7f14.jpg

It was asked in the Epic Flash driver thread, but below are the FW weights for 3 and 5. Don’t have SZ weights. 3 is listed first.

a68f7b5d26c8900728b1b847005e952e.jpg

deaf3410eed3fd8e18c2a22535c5ee85.jpg

Rogt.
Fairway Woods:
Epic Flash 3 wood standard and 7 wood standard, shafts Tensei Blue 70 Stiff. Rocket ships here guys and gals. I personally thought the Rogues were awesome fairway woods, hitting some great shots with a 4/7 wood combo in 2018. Any time I would pull them out it would piss off the guys I was playing with, seriously they playing other brands that at times matching or out distancing there 3/5 wood combos that’s how great they were, how could I replace these in my bag? Easily during my fitting Garrett handed me a 3-wood having never really carried one I figured I would go with a 4 wood again, but within the first 5 swings I was pounding (for me) the 3 wood 240 to 248 and he just said ok we can move on from that one. LOL. The tech is pretty much the same as the driver AI design, flash face, Jailbreak tech but what is new this year is adjustability, they designed a new Opti fit adaptor little smaller so to keep the weight down. My set up was pretty basic, STD/N settings with Tensei Blue 70 g stiff shaft, I can move this either way on the course but most times it is just a straight piercing flight and it just goes and goes. Really happy with it in the limited time I have used it. Now the 7 wood, my $$ club. I have always had a 7 wood in my bag just a very comfortable club for me no matter the conditions. Again, at the ECPC I swung this one just a few times also hitting distances of 200-225, but feel I could really jump on one and get some crazy distance. Matching the Rogues and the Epic Flash up side by side the Rogues are much shallower I guess, IMO, top to bottom the Epic flash does not look large or oversized in comparison just taller, defiantly more area for contact so with miss hits you should not be penalized. Hitting them recently at a range I was flushing them both with the ball markings showing right in the center. So happy with these as a replacement to the Rogues.
e93230d60043420e44d8627dc89bc5af.jpg
eafe0e6d40cfd69f1f757275155fe10d.jpg
45bbc1f7c75cc5b5573df8cdbd5299a4.jpg
dd661d292b6d84fd721dcc73f1af0bab.jpg
d1df9f299e111b83b0b5a7f8795743d7.jpg
1707863ad0c17594e28e98a2b72642b5.jpg
a77ac8f2403f273cf8583082cf437877.jpg
f0dc4bcfe48fa7f37ec6731fd686c302.jpg
50cb997368e1b113d377cacb393fdaa9.jpg
1ccaa736c41eb7fc08cec022975d59d8.jpg

Great pictures rogt!

What would be interesting is to have a low, mid, and high HI test all the new drivers and run a comparison and then do the same with drivers from say 3 years ago.

What would be interesting is to have a low, mid, and high HI test all the new drivers and run a comparison and then do the same with drivers from say 3 years ago.

I can’t take care of all of the drivers, or all of the handicaps but I can speak to a kid comparing this against Callaway’s driver from 3 years ago. It’s faster across the face, both by smash factor in my fitting and where I’m finding myself on the course.

I made the swap to the Rogue 3W last year and absolutely love it. Anyone use the Rogue last year that can compare it to the new Flash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As someone who’s handicap has fluctuated between 14-9 the last three years, each iteration Callaway has put out has lived up to the tech advances. I’ve not see crazy ball speed increases, but I have seen increases. I’m guessing this version will improve on Rogue and take it up a notch with the face.

Anyone have the headweight for a Rogue driver and compare to the Epic Flash?

As someone who’s handicap has fluctuated between 14-9 the last three years, each iteration Callaway has put out has lived up to the tech advances. I’ve not see crazy ball speed increases, but I have seen increases. I’m guessing this version will improve on Rogue and take it up a notch with the face.

Anyone have the headweight for a Rogue driver and compare to the Epic Flash?

Driver or fairway? It would be a little more difficult to weigh the Rogue fw due to it being bonded. IIRC my Rogue driver head weighed 186g stock.

I made the swap to the Rogue 3W last year and absolutely love it. Anyone use the Rogue last year that can compare it to the new Flash?

I think @tequila4kapp might be able to answer that question.

Driver or fairway? It would be a little more difficult to weigh the Rogue fw due to it being bonded. IIRC my Rogue driver head weighed 186g stock.

Driver, sorry

I hit both side by side at the range today and further testing is required. I had a Rogue 15* with a stock synergy stiff shaft vs a Flash 15* turned to 14* with an EvenFlow green shaft. So maybe not a complete apples to apple comparison because of shaft difference. Here is what I saw.

Flash launched higher and appeared to land softer. Making it more better suited for attacking greens.

Rogue had a lower penetrating ball flight that landed around the same distance as Flash but just looked like it wanted to run out forever.

I hit the two on a sim side by side two weeks ago and had similar findings but lateral dispersion was much better with Flash on that day.

How is the Even Flow Green performing for those who chose it? I typically like lighter weight high launch/spin shafts.

I hit both side by side at the range today and further testing is required. I had a Rogue 15* with a stock synergy stiff shaft vs a Flash 15* turned to 14* with an EvenFlow green shaft. So maybe not a complete apples to apple comparison because of shaft difference. Here is what I saw.

Flash launched higher and appeared to land softer. Making it more better suited for attacking greens.

Rogue had a lower penetrating ball flight that landed around the same distance as Flash but just looked like it wanted to run out forever.

I hit the two on a sim side by side two weeks ago and had similar findings but lateral dispersion was much better with Flash on that day.

Thanks I’m a high ball hitter but can always sacrifice for dispersion. I personally use the 3W off the tee mostly so I’ve just got to demo this one and see.

How is the Even Flow Green performing for those who chose it? I typically like lighter weight high launch/spin shafts.

That’s exactly what I saw today.

Thanks I’m a high ball hitter but can always sacrifice for dispersion. I personally use the 3W off the tee mostly so I’ve just got to demo this one and see.

I told my fitter that I mostly use my 3w off the tee as well. So he turned the Flash down to 14* and put in the higher launching shaft.

Benefits of Flash over Rogue is the ability to change stuff easily.

I told my fitter that I mostly use my 3w off the tee as well. So he turned the Flash down to 14* and put in the higher launching shaft.

Benefits of Flash over Rogue is the ability to change stuff easily.

I love that shafts are interchangeable again. Sounds like a 14* with a UST Elements Platinum could be in my future.

Back