2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

I got the new 54!! As expected it’s never been hit
I noticed right away the shaft is different than my current PMs
KBS HiRev 2.0 115
Vs my current
KBS Tour V wedge

Anyone with any input appreciated!
Not sure if I should hit or return?
New one looks softer 10 grams lighter ??
fe15c081d4c4a2c8c0e3c893b240f18c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bajapalm;n8891737 said:
I got the new 54!! As expected it’s never been hit
I noticed right away the shaft is different than my current PMs
KBS HiRev 2.0 115
Vs my current
KBS Tour V wedge

Anyone with any input appreciated!
Not sure if I should hit or return?
New one looks softer 10 grams lighter ??
fe15c081d4c4a2c8c0e3c893b240f18c.jpg

the new one will absolutely play softer than your current one. Ball flight will be higher and technically should spin more but that also needs to take your swing into account.

Alez367;n8891746 said:
the new one will absolutely play softer than your current one. Ball flight will be higher and technically should spin more but that also needs to take your swing into account.

I hope I can adapt to it. Doesn't seem that my previous shaft is even an option - I absolutely love my current PM's but the 56 was beat down pretty good and I had a big gap from AW - 56 - 60

bajapalm;n8891787 said:
I hope I can adapt to it. Doesn't seem that my previous shaft is even an option - I absolutely love my current PM's but the 56 was beat down pretty good and I had a big gap from AW - 56 - 60

You mentioned that you were trading in the old PM for $30. If you really wanted to try that shaft in your new PM, you could just keep the old one, pull the shafts and see which one you like best.

Misike;n8891823 said:
You mentioned that you were trading in the old PM for $30. If you really wanted to try that shaft in your new PM, you could just keep the old one, pull the shafts and see which one you like best.

Boom I like that idea
Still waiting on my label and I guess I have 30 days or so

bajapalm;n8891891 said:
Boom I like that idea
Still waiting on my label and I guess I have 30 days or so

Yeah. Good point. You still have time to swap them out if you don’t like it. And if you do like it, I think you can send your Original PM back with any shaft.

I’ve found the happy spot with my 60* PM19 for 3/4 shots and bunkers/greenside.
I managed to even nip one perfectly from a tight lie yesterday from around 50m to 3ft for the only glimpse of brilliance for the day.
I was in a golf shop today and saw a 56* and I really like how it sets up to the ball. The full face groves has really started to give me way more confidence. My question is to those who have compared different models in that loft forgiveness wise. I’m debating getting a new PM 56 or CBX2 56. Curious to people’s thoughts.

Cam007;n8894642 said:
I’ve found the happy spot with my 60* PM19 for 3/4 shots and bunkers/greenside.
I managed to even nip one perfectly from a tight lie yesterday from around 50m to 3ft for the only glimpse of brilliance for the day.
I was in a golf shop today and saw a 56* and I really like how it sets up to the ball. The full face groves has really started to give me way more confidence. My question is to those who have compared different models in that loft forgiveness wise. I’m debating getting a new PM 56 or CBX2 56. Curious to people’s thoughts.

It’s going to depend a lot on your personal preference. I played the OG CBX wedges, the OG PM grinds, and now the PM Grind v2. I’ve got a 54* PM now in my bag, and it works very well. It is definitely more demanding than the CBX IME, but that’s very much to be expected. I haven’t played with the CBX 2, so I can’t give a direct comparison, but i don’t really have any issues with my PM grind. I love mine in fact. I did spend a good bit of time working with it, and getting comfortable with it.

Your best bet is going to be taking both out for some kind of testing, if at all possible.

dazeedmonds;n8895567 said:
It’s going to depend a lot on your personal preference. I played the OG CBX wedges, the OG PM grinds, and now the PM Grind v2. I’ve got a 54* PM now in my bag, and it works very well. It is definitely more demanding than the CBX IME, but that’s very much to be expected. I haven’t played with the CBX 2, so I can’t give a direct comparison, but i don’t really have any issues with my PM grind. I love mine in fact. I did spend a good bit of time working with it, and getting comfortable with it.

Your best bet is going to be taking both out for some kind of testing, if at all possible.

Oh I agree completely with taking both out for a test. I appreciate the feedback.

Got a 58 PM grind wedge from McLovin and used it during my last round quite a bit. It was seemingly a good club and I liked the spin I was getting but I noticed the face seemed very hot. Almost like even the softest shots blasted off the face.

I had my sm7 in the bag so I started alternating chip/pitch shots just to compare and there was certainly a difference

After nearly a year with these in the bag, I went through a period where I was digging or pulling shots left. Problem was I wasn't letting the club face open in the backswing and weight placement had gotten out on sync fuller shots.
This past week I played a round with a buddy and nearly matched my personal best. All but one wedge shot we're solid and the miss was in a tough lie. I hit it thin and the only thing that kept it from running through the green was the crazy spin that made it bite, bounce straight up, drop and stop. These summer greens can be a bear in the afternoon when trying to stop a ball, but I'm getting some outstanding spin off the face of my 54 and 58.

The only issues I'm seeing with my PM grind at this point is super tight lies or bare lies in the rough, which happen around here towards the end of summer. In most of these situations I'm falling back on my MD4 54? and it's working pretty well. As long as you can engage the bounce on these they are fantastic. Was telling a buddy this weekend that if I kept it in the bag just for bunkers it would be justification enough.

My new 54 has been sooo much better out of the sand than my old 56 was - gotta be the smoke color - ;-)

Put the 58* in play today for the first time.
1. Need to work with it in the bunker. I hit it heavy the 3 times, so I need some practice time in the sand to get used to it.
2. Had a shot out of the thick rough, over a bunker to a pin 38 yards away. Went after it and stuck the ball 1 foot from the pin. Amazing spin out of the rough.
3. Got up and down 5 times chipping with this wedge. 4 of them were inches away from the hole. The last one was 2 feet away. Just outstanding distance control/spin/feel.
4. My last chip of the day with it went in for a bird.

Shot a 76, and wasn't hitting it that well. This wedge and my putter saved my bacon today. Love the weight and balance of this club. All good with the PM grind! Pondering the 54* now.

676966B6-B898-4781-90E0-4624FC09F46F.jpeg Had a hell of a day with the PM Grind today. Arccos had my chipping handicap at +2. On a day when I was not making putts I was able to get the ball close enough to the hole where it didn’t matter how bad I was putting.
Hit a pretty good shot out of here and lipped out on another bunker shot. I love my PM grind.

View attachment 8912071 Had a hell of a day with the PM Grind today. Arccos had my chipping handicap at +2. On a day when I was not making putts I was able to get the ball close enough to the hole where it didn’t matter how bad I was putting.
Hit a pretty good shot out of here and lipped out on another bunker shot. I love my PM grind.
Where do I sign up for your bunker lessons? ?

?
@rogt is the real shark when it comes to bunkers. He will set you up.
Thanks bud. It’s funny I feel more comfortable in the bunker than I do chipping around the greens. Don’t use my GD 60° PM much but when the conditions are softer I love my GD 56° PM. Was feeling pretty comfortable going into the Hideaway last December didn’t think I needed any lessons from Mr. Roger Cleveland, at least out of the bunkers, but man it would’ve been nice to spend some time with him and work on set up around the greens for chipping. Good to see that you got up to play today also. Kind of mad at myself we didn’t get together and play more this year next year we need to get together more often.

Played a hole badly, yet oddly effectively today. Pull hooked my tee shot which had me playing down the right side, like the next fairway over right side. Par 5 and my 3rd shot is right of the green in a pit. At the bottom of the pit the green is a foot or two above my head. I can see the top of the flag. So I channel @KEV for a moment, and flop a shot up on the green. I climb up and see my ball 6” from the cup. Tap in par.

I love this club.

Played a hole badly, yet oddly effectively today. Pull hooked my tee shot which had me playing down the right side, like the next fairway over right side. Par 5 and my 3rd shot is right of the green in a pit. At the bottom of the pit the green is a foot or two above my head. I can see the top of the flag. So I channel @KEV for a moment, and flop a shot up on the green. I climb up and see my ball 6” from the cup. Tap in par.

I love this club.
Awesome up and down. I’ve had my 60* in the bag for a while now and it’s just so fun to hit, especially out of bunkers. Just open it up and thump down and out she comes.

For those PM Grind fans who dig the new Tour Grey/Blue JAWS look:

D1F003F0-C8AE-4B71-9844-FD533526A4AD.jpeg

Only $20 bucks in Customs to change the paint to "JAWS Blue." No charge to change to stock JAWS shaft and grip.

I may have done this yesterday... ya know, for those days you want to roll with 5 wedges and not 4.

Last edited:
I received a PM Grind 58° in my fitting and absolutely love it. It is kinda weird looking down on it at first glance, but grows on you after a bit. It is nice having that extra grooves up high and works great the you are in a really fluffy lie where the club could glide under the ball with out catching it. Works great around the green especially if the green is elevated.
I had them put the Recoil 95 F3 into my wedges so they would match my irons.

My biggest decision for 2020 will be if I put these in play.

1576451961703.jpeg

Back