Tour Event 2019 CJ Cup

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This could be a fun event and the field is stacked for this time of year.

It’s about time we will have a deep field. May actually turn it on.

Not really following, but I'll check to see who wins this weekend.

First event of the year that I'm actually interested in watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 18th hole is a very interesting design with the trees in the middle essentially giving the player two distinct routes to the green.

The prime time scheduling works pretty nicely too. Hoping to tune in a bit

SungJae Im looks like he could use some stamina pro patches.

Spieth goes to -6 on the day, -8 total with the par 5 18th coming. Solid first 2 days.

The course looks incredible, and there are some big names rising to the top. Justin Thomas' putting stroke is so good and he has been on fire.

Agreed the 18th is a great risk/reward hole. Bomb it left for a chance at 160 ish into the green or go right for a possible 3 shot par 5.

Brooks hit a bomb to the left, had 165 in, stuffed an 8 iron(?) to 3 feet for eagle.

The course looks incredible, and there are some big names rising to the top. Justin Thomas' putting stroke is so good and he has been on fire.

There are some fun holes out there for sure. It was fun watching Thomas/Spieth/Lefty/Fleetwood at midnight last night make it to the house. Looks like I'll be up again tonight since that leaderboard looks pretty salty! THP After hours golf talk following the tournament date tonight?! Who's in!
Agreed the 18th is a great risk/reward hole. Bomb it left for a chance at 160 ish into the green or go right for a possible 3 shot par 5.

Brooks hit a bomb to the left, had 165 in, stuffed an 8 iron(?) to 3 feet for eagle.
I'm still trying to figure out what the heck is going on with the 18th fairway. I can tell they are cutting it off to the left but some of those balls are just bairly making the fairway. Interesting hole for sure.

Did Phil give up on the mallet already? Looked like his usual number 9 last night instead of the SL mallet he had a week or two ago.

Did Phil give up on the mallet already? Looked like his usual number 9 last night instead of the SL mallet he had a week or two ago.
Looks like it.....but I think we all knew that wasn't going to last long being Phil. Man he looks skinny now. Think I saw a bicep there too.

I dont think I've ever seen so many vicious lip outs as I've seen watching this tournament.

JT with win #11. He has been playing some great golf since recovering from his injury last year. Could be posed for a PoY type season.

Great win by JT and a huge payout for him. Didn’t get to watch much of the golf with the time difference.

When JT makes putts he looks nearly unbeatable. Nice win.
He really does, that putter get's hot and he looks quite impressive

Back