2019 Drive, Chip, and Putt!

Paladin

Otter be golfing
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The competition for the 2019 DCP is already underway. My two big kids, Declan and Abi, are on stage one this morning. It's a really fun event in Columbia, SC. Top three from each age and gender advance to the next stage. My family got off to a great start with Abi taking down the 7-9 girls category. In August she tries out to advance to the final.

More updates to follow.
34a1cd50a8b460023e766d473e4152d8.jpg
db49925a6beafe9434f6b2408bf46d93.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It will never not be a little weird to see 10 year old kids with $300 putters.

We host a local qualifier at my home course, I've been coordinating and volunteering for a few years, this will be the first year both of my kids participate. Can't wait!

The level of competition in the 10-11 category is way higher than 7-9. Unfortunately Declan won't be advancing to round 2. Really well-organized event, and the kids had a lot of fun.

The competition for the 2019 DCP is already underway. My two big kids, Declan and Abi, are on stage one this morning. It's a really fun event in Columbia, SC. Top three from each age and gender advance to the next stage. My family got off to a great start with Abi taking down the 7-9 girls category. In August she tries out to advance to the final.

More updates to follow.
34a1cd50a8b460023e766d473e4152d8.jpg
db49925a6beafe9434f6b2408bf46d93.jpg

Priceless! simply priceless! I have no words.
Can you believe it? Me? No words? But kids just do that to me. Awesome pics and very glad for the fam.

Nice nice nice!! My middle son advanced to regional qualifying last year and missed going to Augusta by one spot. Couldn't fit it into our schedule this year. Hopefully yours makes it there! I was convinced that that was my only chance to walk those hollowed grounds and was definitely more upset than he was, lol. Not being drawn for tickets of any sort for a decade will do that to you:)

Good luck to your little lady! I love kids and kids playing golf. If nothing else, she was medalist! That alone warrants some celebration! In my house that's ice cream of their choice! Good luck!!

That’s awesome! Tell Abi that there are THPers rooting for her!

I still have to get my son signed up, but he is pretty excited about competing in it this year. He has to sign up as a 12y/o so I’m not expecting much being his first year competing. It’ll be more of a learning process this year and hopefully we can come more prepared next year. BTW, he’s also a Declan, so great choice of names! ;-)

Signed my son up this year. Our local is in July. This will be his first real competitive sporting event (he is 8). So I just want him to have fun and learn about competition.

The level of competition in the 10-11 category is way higher than 7-9. Unfortunately Declan won't be advancing to round 2. Really well-organized event, and the kids had a lot of fun.

Wait until you see the 12-13. Some of those kids are adult long. The longest in play last year was in the 280 range. There were a few longer that didn’t hit the grid, including a possible 300 yarder. It was humbling.

I see Bubba, O Meara and Sergio. But where’s the reigning champion reed!? Surprise surprise, he’s not there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see Bubba, O Meara and Sergio. But where’s the reigning champion reed!? Surprise surprise, he’s not there

He's there handing out the trophies to the kids.

He's there handing out the trophies to the kids.

Telling all of them that he’s a top 5 golfer?
I’m not sure how I feel about him yet but that’s for a different thread.

I'm not sure if he did but he did have the jacket on so I guess it was implied.:clapp:

He was being interviewed and he started talking about growing up on a golf course and playing with his parents & friends as a youth, couldn't make all of it out since the thunderstorm keeps knocking out the dish.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv9zqhKhB1A/

Do you care to revise your statement, sir?

Sorry, I have a soft spot for Patrick Reed. He's goofy and awkward, and somehow even less endearing than Bubba, and his family matters getting dragged into the limelight was below the belt by sports journalism, IMO. He donates a ton of money to junior golf programs. Being the dad of two junior golfers (and eventually three) I'm a fan of his.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv9zqhKhB1A/

Do you care to revise your statement, sir?

Sorry, I have a soft spot for Patrick Reed. He's goofy and awkward, and somehow even less endearing than Bubba, and his family matters getting dragged into the limelight was below the belt by sports journalism, IMO. He donates a ton of money to junior golf programs. Being the dad of two junior golfers (and eventually three) I'm a fan of his.

Haha yea I actually saw him as soon as I posted that. He’s just not my favorite. Too many red flags for me but I don’t know the guy personally so I really can’t pass fair judgement

Back