2019 GA/FL Gethering, Valdosta, GA -- Kinderlou Forest 25-27 October

I'm sorry to report that it is not in the cards for me this year fellas. I will miss you all, and also that great golf course. Those who haven't played it before are in for a real treat.

I'm sorry to report that it is not in the cards for me this year fellas. I will miss you all, and also that great golf course. Those who haven't played it before are in for a real treat.
Really hate that you won't be there, Ken! You will be missed!

It’s crazy...this is only a week and a day away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I hate to type this, I'm going to have to pass on The Gethering this year. I could really use the R&R but I've got some deadlines on Marketing Plans for 2020 that are going to require me to work that weekend.

Please post pics from your time there.... things I want to see but also don't want to see:

Putts on Friday on the green outside the condos

The Pitt

Any cop car near misses with corresponding trajectory maps

Pizza box team assignments

Award ceremony

And one last thing....Ensure to have video rolling anytime our amphibian friend enters or exits a bunker.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Getting closer and closer to this!

Am stoked. Gonna get some golf in Thursday at a good course in town before heading up thre Friday.

Am stoked. Gonna get some golf in Thursday at a good course in town before heading up thre Friday.

Yes sir can’t wait!!!

I am so looking forward to this, but I just can’t shake this sickness that I have had for two weeks now. It started off as the flu and has turned into a sinus and upper respiratory infection. Doc gave me antibiotics today to try to help knock it out. Hopefully I am feeling better by the weekend because I really don’t want to miss this.

I am so looking forward to this, but I just can’t shake this sickness that I have had for two weeks now. It started off as the flu and has turned into a sinus and upper respiratory infection. Doc gave me antibiotics today to try to help knock it out. Hopefully I am feeling better by the weekend because I really don’t want to miss this.

I’ve been sick as well missed the last two days of work... Hang in there and rest this is one you don’t want to miss!!!

You're going.

Im already sick. A woman in the call center we've temporarily moved to had been hacking up her lungs and blowing snot rockets the entire two months we've been there. She tells everyone it's a sinus infection, but everyone else around her keeps getting sick, yet she keeps coming in to work.

Im already sick. A woman in the call center we've temporarily moved to had been hacking up her lungs and blowing snot rockets the entire two months we've been there. She tells everyone it's a sinus infection, but everyone else around her keeps getting sick, yet she keeps coming in to work.
Sinus infections are usually secondary to another illness. That said, I have a sinus infection (in part). Do I need to bring a doctor’s note?

@T0AD added a placeo onthe spreadsheet to select what tee box to play. This should help with pace of play. So when you get a chance select your tee box choice on the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
I am so bummed to have to bail out, damn job. I love that course and the it is always such a great relaxing time hanging around the condos. Have fun and have a fireball or whatever is flowing for me.

Bad news @Greg Kulbick , doc put me on some antibiotics yesterday that have me feeling much better, so it looks like you may have to suffer through another round of golf with me this weekend. I’m planning on wearing a hazmat suit as I pass Cafe Risqué on the way up 75 just so I don’t pick up any other issues by osmosis.

Bad news @Greg Kulbick , doc put me on some antibiotics yesterday that have me feeling much better, so it looks like you may have to suffer through another round of golf with me this weekend. I’m planning on wearing a hazmat suit as I pass Cafe Risqué on the way up 75 just so I don’t pick up any other issues by osmosis.
Can't wait.

Haven't we played combo tees out there before? I am stuck at white tees being a little short and blue tees being a little long. Just figured it up based on the scorecard published on their website and playing the blues on par 3's and 5's and the whites on pat 4's yields a distance right in between at approx. 6200 yards.

Whatever. I'll play from either.

What time are people planning on arriving Friday? I am debating whether to leave Thursday night or early Friday morning. Going to be about a 6 hour trip for me.

Sometime in the afternoon I imagine.

What time are people planning on arriving Friday? I am debating whether to leave Thursday night or early Friday morning. Going to be about a 6 hour trip for me.

Probably early afternoon. Around 2.

Just went back into last year's thread and dug up the code to get in the gate to go back to the condos.

Gentlemen (and Kulbick)
We are approaching the dumbest and most fun weekend of golf you will experience.
There will be food, liquor, fun, and shenanigans, for sure.
We are just going to pair up and go off on both days and play golf. Might be worth trying to get a whole group that's playing the same boxes, or two and two from each box, or something. If my math is correct, we're like 17, so we're odd numbers. Guessing we may have to go 2, 3, 4, 4, 4-somes, or something. We're usually out there alone, and may be able to go five if we keep it moving.

We'll play our games (do intra group sides if you desire) and after the rounds, we have plans. Saturday will be a blind draw best ball. Sunday will be each man for himself, but we're going to draw six random holes after the round. Scores on the six holes will count to that day's "winner". Sunday is the day people usually want to get out of town pretty quick, so figuring out six hold scores should be pretty fast. There will, of course, be the grand prize weekend winner. And this year there will be a prize for a special player that will be identified after Sunday's round (based on scoring). Even if you're like a 9 hdcp, it could be you!! #Intrique

Reminder on the condo rules. No smoking indoors. No pets. No burning the place down or putting holes in the walls. And we come back after Sunday's conclusion and clean up and strip all the linens and stuff and put them in the laundry room. We're usually out of there about 15 minutes or so after everyone gets back. It's appreciated.
Bring something for breakfast or there's a Waffle House down the highway.
Bring your drink of choice.
Water is never a bad idea on top of the hooch.
There is a complete full kitchen in each and coffee pots, so bring some if you want.
Check the weather and dress according to your own fortitude and tolerance levels.

@Just_Hacking and I are awaiting word from our POC about how early we can get in. Our plan is to leave the house and get to our meat market when they open at 8AM then hit the road to the 'Lou. Should be there around 10ish, 1030 latest. Plan to drop off the meat in a fridge then head to Stone Creek. Their site is showing plenty of times from 10AM onward, so if you want one, grab it. John and I will probably shoot for something in the neighborhood of 1130 or so.
Then it's back to da house, pizza, and LivePD (at least we know for a fact Greg won't be showcased since he'll be with us).

And here's the side note to all this. With two fewer people than expected, I'm running a little short, so......
I'm going to pony up a fair share to cover so I can get my own room. Suck it!! No, I won't pick the bigass one upstairs.
And if my math is correct, that would allow one other person to get a private room, if they kick in another 45. How much is not listening to someone drunkenly snore through the night worth to y'all?

So yeah, I need to hear from Kellie and I might have another bit or two of info, but this should be about it.

Discuss.

Back