Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
Always fun to hear what golf trips other THP'ers are taking. So where are you heading or hoping to go in 2019?

So far I have a trip to Arizona in February to play with good friends of mine from college who I haven't seen in far too long. Playing both Troons, Quintero and a few others. Really excited for it.

Playing in my dad's member guest at his club in Florida in March.

Hoping to play Whistling Straits in the summer, and I need to make a return trip to Arcadia for sure this year. Been way too long since I played there.

Charleston for the March Gathering
Myrtle Beach in July (Vacation, I'll play 3X)
Hilton Head in Sept (Vacation, I'll play 3X)
Orlando for Gathering #2
Las Vegas at some point.
And maybe a Branson trip, and probably 1 trip to NC

Orlando for Gathering #2
Las Vegas at some point.

such a boring guy.

So far only thing I have on my list is Haig Point for the Morgan Cup.

I have a lot more free time this year (every other weekend in fact) so definitely want to add more to that list. I'm in for Arcadia if we can somehow make a weekend of it, its just too far for a day trip

Orlando for Gathering #2
Las Vegas at some point.

Solid lineup there. Have never played in Myrtle or Hilton Head. Need to do that at some point.

I have a lot more free time this year (every other weekend in fact) so definitely want to add more to that list. I'm in for Arcadia if we can somehow make a weekend of it, its just too far for a day trip

We're definitely doing Arcadia. 100%.

Headed to La Cantera for Easter Weekend
Another trip to Lajitas at some point
We'll wind up back at Omni Barton Creek at least
Maybe sneak a trip to Sawgrass this summer

That's kind of it at the moment.

I'm on a trip right now. Came out to San Diego for my birthday and I played Torrey North and South last week. They're getting them ready for the Farmers right now (today is the last day you can play either) and it sure as hell played like it. The pin placements were absolutely insane and we had a hell of a time navigating the course. Toughest rough I've ever seen.

Playing one last course today: Aviara GC, home of the LPGA Kia Classic. The guys at Torrey said it'll feel like I'm playing an executive course by comparison.

No other trips this year but this one more than makes up for it.

Have 2 trips on the books currently
Alabama in early March - RTJ Trail
Gathering 1 in late March

and a couple more hopefuls
Gathering 2
THP Event

We always do Vegas with cascatta and 2 other courses we change up later in year.

Trying to get a trip to Houston for crown colony along way then TPC woodlands on a weekend.

We have also been talking about the Lousiana Audobon trail sometime this year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Solid lineup there. Have never played in Myrtle or Hilton Head. Need to do that at some point.

Yeah while Ive played a ton of courses in Myrtle there are still plenty that I havent so looking forward to that one.

Same deal with Hilton Head, will probably play Heron Point at Harbor town (to round out playing the 3 there) and then maybe 1 or 2 of the Heritage Golf Collection courses (they have 99 holes spread out over a bunch of courses)

Other than going to Orlando to watch the LPGA Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions this week, do not have anything else definitive on the calendar. Will likely depend on whether I am fortunate to get into any THP events.

I'll being heading back to Cabot again sometime in late summer or early fall.

Was planning on going to a Callaway hosted event in Vegas in the Fall with some friends and a local Pro, but with a little one on the way, that may have to change.

Nice, maybe we’ll run into each other, I hear it’s a small island

With the news at Christmas that a new little one is on the way I am not making any plans right now. I do want to take a few outings somewhere but it will probably be last minute and really depend on how the wife is doing as to whether I can get away for a day or 2 or not.

right now only Charleston is on the docket.

I'll being heading back to Cabot again sometime in late summer or early fall.

Was planning on going to a Callaway hosted event in Vegas in the Fall with some friends and a local Pro, but with a little one on the way, that may have to change.

I'm jealous. Cabot is way up there on my list to get to. Not this year though.

I'm jealous. Cabot is way up there on my list to get to. Not this year though.

It's pretty good. If you ever decide to go, let me know. Can answer any questions and if you fly into Halifax can give some tips for other courses or places to stay.

Going to watch the British Masters in May with some friends

UK Gathering - Forest of Arden

Trying to get things sorted for the usual group of us to go to The Belfry again this year (last year didn't happen unfortunately)

That is about it for me up to now

Our annual buddies Sand Valley trip in the Summer
Hilton Head in September

Back