2019 Golfing Goals

We have some great goals for 2019 so far!

Play more golf and having fun are the best ones so far!

I always have fun when playing, the more golf one is something I need to work on.

Don't care about my handicap.
Hole in one number one.
Help my friends get better.
Have an absolute blast EVERY time.

I'm going to need a ton of help in a couple of weeks... just saying

Drop my Cap a couple of points

Qualify for the MGA Pub Links Champ.

Win the MC with dudes.

Keep golf fun and my respite from the real world.

Commit to One Length for the year

Play smarter off the tee (don’t have to pull driver every time)

Play more

1. Practice more frequently
2. Play more rounds
3. Keep track of stats during rounds (FIR, GIR, putts)
4. Establish a handicap then work on lowering it once established

I like the idea of putting my goal in my sig!

Mine is simple, I want to drop to under a 15 handicap. When I do I will get more modern clubs.

Whiskey

Play at least once a week, shoot a sub 80 round, drop a full point off my handicap.

at LEAST once a week!!!!!!!
The last two years I've averaged around 100 a year..with a newborn in the house, it might dwindle a bit at least until I can get him on the course.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

i would like to have a handicap in the 2s.

i would like to break par for 18 holes.

i would like to get into a thp event.

but above all else, i just want to play and have fun

I'm totally on board with the last 2!

Well because of work I only get to play every other week. But two things this year.

1. Increase GIR. This is really killing my score. When I play well it’s night and day with the GIR. Need to increase this number.

2. Penalty stokes off the tee. Again I am not doing well with the driver it it’s showing. Going to work with my coach the next couple of weeks as smoother and better off the tee should also help that GIR number as well.

3. Play more. I got 27 rounds in last year. For someone that works every other week and takes the winter off to snowboard I’m still happy with that number. But can always aim higher.

Yes, yes, and yes:

So:

THE MAIN GOALS:
1) Play more (Last year other than the Gathering weekend I played mostly 9 holes at a time so I want to play more full rounds of 18 holes this year.
2) Enjoy EVERY golf experience!

To achieve 1 & 2:

a) Play more with THPers: ALWAYS more fun

b) Get into a THP event

c) Keep practicing & develop a repeatable & consistent swing: Making inroads here since Jan 1.

d) improve GIR % (which means I have to do a better job of tracking this info lol!)

e) dial in my distances with each club (starting to get a feel for this with the new, improved, gluten-free swing)

1. Hit balls at least once a week
2. Have fun on the course.
3. Dominate the stag do on and off the course

Get my cap under 9.0
Make my swing change more
permanent
Stop losing 5 shots a round with bad chips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to lower my handicap and shoot par or better this season. Also would LOVE to finally get a hole in one...

But most importantly I just want to play as much as possible and have fun doing it!

Get my daughter who is 13 years old scoring consistently in the high 80’s low 90’s. She is showing a lot of enthusiasm with her high school golf season about to start so I think this is the year she really improves. She had her first lesson with her new teacher at our club (who was awarded the Minnesota PGA assistant pro of the year for 2018), and they really clicked. She also has 3 of her best friends going out for the JV golf team with her this year so that will lead to her playing a lot more this summer.

Can it be a goal for 50% less rain this year???

Get my daughter who is 13 years old scoring consistently in the high 80’s low 90’s. She is showing a lot of enthusiasm with her high school golf season about to start so I think this is the year she really improves. She had her first lesson with her new teacher at our club (who was awarded the Minnesota PGA assistant pro of the year for 2018), and they really clicked. She also has 3 of her best friends going out for the JV golf team with her this year so that will lead to her playing a lot more this summer.

Minnesota guy here too!
It is great to find someone that engages the youth to want to get better and be out there! The best part is the friends that will get her to the course more!

haha it can be... but I hear in Ohio we've gotten way more than usually already. Much different where you are?

No, since last April it rains / snows in Maryland every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's uncanny how often and repeatedly it has screwed up the weekends in Maryland!!

Minnesota guy here too!
It is great to find someone that engages the youth to want to get better and be out there! The best part is the friends that will get her to the course more!

Yep I now care more about my daughters scores than I do my own, I must be getting old, lol. Where are you in MN. I’m in Minneapolis and play most of my local golf at Minnesota Valley. I also play about 40 rounds at the two Cragun’s Legacy courses and the other Brainerd Lakes courses as we spend a lot of time up at Gull Lake.

Yep I now care more about my daughters scores than I do my own, I must be getting old, lol. Where are you in MN. I’m in Minneapolis and play most of my local golf at Minnesota Valley. I also play about 40 rounds at the two Cragun’s Legacy courses and the other Brainerd Lakes courses as we spend a lot of time up at Gull Lake.

My girls(5 and 3) have just gotten into golf and it is so fun to see their face when they hit a good shot!
I play men's league at Rum River Hills only because of the guys in the club and live in Champlin.

1. Enjoy every second of time with family and friends.

2. No 100+ rounds. I have at least one every year. It’s embarrasing. It usually sneaks in when I least expect. I shot 104 last year 10 days after shooting -6 66. On the same course, with no bad weather or injury to speak of. My BIL, after my family had bragged me up, has played with me twice in the past 3 years. I’ve yet to break 100 when he’s around. He’s a mod 80’s type golfer, so I’d consider him pretty good and he probably thinks I’m the biggest vanity cap in the world.

3. Go easy on the equipment purchases/sales. I had a certain website send me a damn 1099 last year. It was a kick in the nards come tax time this year. In fairness to me I’m outfitting 4 golfers as I have 3 sons. But even with significant growth by them physically there should be gear that fits them. Or anyone else.

4. THP event. Preferably the Grandaddy. What? I like to set big goals:)

Back