2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

JB;n8906567 said:
Sounds like you don’t need a fitter, you chose the weight already haha.

choose =/= fit haha

i've chosen lots of gear for myself over the years and came up wanting. i'll definitely tell the fitter what has worked for me in the past (like my thce shaft that is 70 grams of pure perfection), but will trust them with whatever the fit me to.

McLovin;n8906628 said:
choose =/= fit haha

i've chosen lots of gear for myself over the years and came up wanting. i'll definitely tell the fitter what has worked for me in the past (like my thce shaft that is 70 grams of pure perfection), but will trust them with whatever the fit me to.

Cap heading to first tee: "Lets go boys I got my bag of drivers!! Gets to green, can I borrow your putter?" :laughing:

McLovin;n8906562 said:
some banter in another thread has me thinking about drivers. no offense to callaway, but i've never met a callaway driver that i've gotten along with. struggling off the tee is no fun, so i'm looking forward to the fitters finding the perfect fit for me. i would like a mid/high launch, mid spin driver. maybe with a shaft in the 65-70g range.

I had the same issue with their drivers leading up to this last year. They just didn't work for me. I can tell you that I haven't had one thought about making a change from the Flash this year though. I would bet they'll get you fixed up perfectly.

KEV;n8906703 said:
I had the same issue with their drivers leading up to this last year. They just didn't work for me. I can tell you that I haven't had one thought about making a change from the Flash this year though. I would bet they'll get you fixed up perfectly.

yep, i think of you often when i start thinking about the driver fitting. i remember we had some discussions about this and i know the fit will be amazing!

JourdanInMich;n8906470 said:

Brings back so many good memories!
I just remember just pounding the 2017 Grandaddy Thread everyday!
It's that anticipation that makes it all worth while.....

McLovin;n8906707 said:
yep, i think of you often when i start thinking about the driver fitting. i remember we had some discussions about this and i know the fit will be amazing!

Maybe you should try @JB s two driver setup and drop a wedge or hybrid.

If it helps you guys at all I was not much for Callaway drivers or FWs, though I did game and enjoy the Rogue driver. I absolutely love my current set up, I'm not even tempted by new releases or other OEMs. I suspect a proper fitting and the ability to choose from their entire lineup will get you on board. Plus my guess - and it's purely a guess - is that you may have a new driver option available to you (for the record, my guess is the next iteration of whatever lineup is due for a refresh but it will have a new / unique Flash face; and don't be surprised if the sound is very different). If I'm right...new stuff is always exciting.

tequila4kapp;n8906922 said:
If it helps you guys at all I was not much for Callaway drivers or FWs, though I did game and enjoy the Rogue driver. I absolutely love my current set up, I'm not even tempted by new releases or other OEMs. I suspect a proper fitting and the ability to choose from their entire lineup will get you on board. Plus my guess - and it's purely a guess - is that you may have a new driver option available to you (for the record, my guess is the next iteration of whatever lineup is due for a refresh but it will have a new / unique Flash face; and don't be surprised if the sound is very different). If I'm right...new stuff is always exciting.

i love stories like yours. i’m sure it was disappointing to not bring a great swing to the fitting. that’s my concern as well. but knowing that the fitters can still work their magic adds more comfort than i can say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

McLovin;n8906953 said:
i love stories like yours. i’m sure it was disappointing to not bring a great swing to the fitting. that’s my concern as well. but knowing that the fitters can still work their magic adds more comfort than i can say.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"Not bring a great swing"...yeah, that's the polite Canadian way to describe what I was doing that day.

tomcat & @ZBeekner are some fun additions to Team THP! @KEV and I had a great time catching up with them to discuss this once in a lifetime event! Hope you guys enjoy!

https://youtu.be/iVleBFCSkn0

Thanks, Clayton and Kevin, that was a lot of fun.

dacatalyst41;n8907074 said:
tomcat & @ZBeekner are some fun additions to Team THP! @KEV and I had a great time catching up with them to discuss this once in a lifetime event! Hope you guys enjoy!

Thanks again for hosting us Clayton and Kev. Had a blast!

Great video guys! Really agree that it's great to get to know some of you better. If you need another Mike, I'm available in December! LOL.

Another great video. Thank you guys for taking the time and getting these done. They are helping everyone put a face with the name and help the community feel that much more engaged with this team.

Its another Friday and another week closer to Paradise. Time is still going slow, but with dates for the Grandaddy it is more real now. Looking forward to the upcoming weeks and new teammates.

Down the Jaws podcast/review rabbit hole today. I am so excited for the wedge fitting, my head is spinning from all the grind option and it’s awesome. Im literally trying to visualize all the examples that Roger is giving and map them to my rounds. What i originally thought I need is no longer the case and it sounds like I’ll need a mix of grinds. Still on the fence about the tour greet or chrome, leaning towards the grey.

Oh oh and I have started working on a grandaddy countdown iOS short cut that will notify the team every morning how many days until we leave. We are definitely geeking out behind the scenes, not that you couldn’t already tell.

Are there any types of info you guys want to see mid rounds outside or the normal pics. I trying to see what geeky shortcuts i can build to help map the rounds. Not sure if it’ll all work but I have a few months to figure it out.

I loved it :) Happy to see my buddy on his way to the GD.

clarkgriswold;n8907641 said:
Down the Jaws podcast/review rabbit hole today. I am so excited for the wedge fitting, my head is spinning from all the grind option and it’s awesome. Im literally trying to visualize all the examples that Roger is giving and map them to my rounds. What i originally thought I need is no longer the case and it sounds like I’ll need a mix of grinds. Still on the fence about the tour greet or chrome, leaning towards the grey.

Oh oh and I have started working on a grandaddy countdown iOS short cut that will notify the team every morning how many days until we leave. We are definitely geeking out behind the scenes, not that you couldn’t already tell.

Are there any types of info you guys want to see mid rounds outside or the normal pics. I trying to see what geeky shortcuts i can build to help map the rounds. Not sure if it’ll all work but I have a few months to figure it out.

Forum posts...Lots of forum posts.

JB;n8907660 said:
Forum posts...Lots of forum posts.

That’s the plan, I am trying to see if I can build something that will allow us to automatically log the score and have it post the score in the thread as we go. Not sure if I’ll be able to pull it off but I’m gonna try.

clarkgriswold;n8907682 said:
That’s the plan, I am trying to see if I can build something that will allow us to automatically log the score and have it post the score in the thread as we go. Not sure if I’ll be able to pull it off but I’m gonna try.

Don't bother. Seriously. Spend the time working on the game and enjoying THP.
The score is secondary to how the event is going and the scenery and equipment.
It takes 2 seconds to have a single person in a foursome either tell us or update and its borderline tradition with following.
Plus add in the new software we have coming and we certainly don't want to derail traffic elsewhere to catch a score.

Its all about fun and the score part for updating is a piece of cake. I swear.

JB;n8907685 said:
Don't bother. Seriously. Spend the time working on the game and enjoying THP.
The score is secondary to how the event is going and the scenery and equipment.
It takes 2 seconds to have a single person in a foursome either tell us or update and its borderline tradition with following.
Plus add in the new software we have coming and we certainly don't want to derail traffic elsewhere to catch a score.

Its all about fun and the score part for updating is a piece of cake. I swear.

Absolutely. Soak it all in...updating is easy.

The Gif game will be strong this year.

Snickerdog;n8907722 said:
The Gif game will be strong this year.

Wait till you see that you can do GIFs automatically from the mobile browser of our new platform.
Not tapatalk, but just using the mobile browser...

After listening to Roger talk about the different grinds in the new Jaws wedges, I could almost bet Ill end up with a lob wedge in the X grind.

The way he explains grinds in wedges is so easy to understand. If you havent listened to the fitting room podcast with him on it, do yourself a favor and que it up.

Back