2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

we are still debating strategy as a team. the tanya harding is still on the table.
By whatever means necessary eh? Haha

Sometimes you gotta talk a bit of smack and poke the bear just to make things interesting. I mean I probably would have poked AJ over Finley, Jason’s back is a little worn out from the dead weight he had to carry over the weekend. ??‍♂️

well i didn't want to kick @BethpAJ while he's down. i'm hoping he gets the tee game sorted out by december so we get him at his best.

@Snickerdog 's Grandaddy prep. Practicing digging his own grave...

Ok, if that is your strategy, so be it.

Normally. I’d be firmly in the camp that you’re going to win Jason. You may well win on the golf course, but I know a little something about @McLovin, so I’d say he’s going to get the last laugh. Especially if he’s already calling you names like that. Chris knows exactly how to deploy a terrifying teddy bear to maximize emotional scarring.

Contest coming tomorrow.

well i didn't want to kick @BethpAJ while he's down. i'm hoping he gets the tee game sorted out by december so we get him at his best.

I believe he’s a giants or jets fan, so it’s absolutely acceptable to kick him while he’s down. They’re used to being down there so it’s really just making him feel at home

Sooooo speaking of the top end in the bag. Any two driver folks on the team? It’s always an interesting concept but for those who don’t use 3w off the deck and solely for off the tee, what about trying out a shorter higher lofted driver instead and where else to truly see the benefits/make sense of it than at the Ecpc with some of the best in the business haha.

As JB and others have mentioned before in the 2 driver thread experiment, a driver by all accounts is more forgiving than a 3w. You can fine tune the proper distance gaps by cutting the shaft and of course dialing the loft to the appropriate degree.

does dual cog have a flat setting? if not, i think they would be a benefit especially in hybrids and fairways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is a tour version (I believe red dot dual cog) that is flat.

Sooooo speaking of the top end in the bag. Any two driver folks on the team? It’s always an interesting concept but for those who don’t use 3w off the deck and solely for off the tee, what about trying out a shorter higher lofted driver instead and where else to truly see the benefits/make sense of it than at the Ecpc with some of the best in the business haha.

As JB and others have mentioned before in the 2 driver thread experiment, a driver by all accounts is more forgiving than a 3w. You can fine tune the proper distance gaps by cutting the shaft and of course dialing the loft to the appropriate degree.

honestly i can't really wrap my brain around the two driver thing. i get the bigger club is supposed to be more forgiving, but i like the idea of more launch and more spin without going light af. not sure enough oems make something that would fit that profile but i'm probably wrong about that haha.

I play a 3+w after my driver, so kind of similar to 2 drivers.

Finley be like...

honestly i can't really wrap my brain around the two driver thing. i get the bigger club is supposed to be more forgiving, but i like the idea of more launch and more spin without going light af. not sure enough oems make something that would fit that profile but i'm probably wrong about that haha.

Off the tee, why can't a driver launch higher and spin more than a fairway wood. More room to move the weight low and back obviously.
As an example, I can guarantee you I can launch the ball higher with the Epic Star 10.5 driver vs a Sub Zero 3 wood.

As a guy that says he is low launch and low spin, you seem to gravitate towards low spin and low launch metal woods, why is that?

Back