2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

I have always found when playing an alternate shot format with someone, Its always better to discuss the comfortable distance with your partner before hand. Then when you are on the tee, quick recap of, "where the bunkers and water are on that hole" and set me over there anywhere" and i will adapt.
I have played with someone before and he said," I am trying to hit the fairway, and you are talking about a spot in the fairway"....than theres that

Today could be the day to find out who are last teammate is. Good luck to all. Looking forward to meeting whoever it is.

Don’t discount the importance of a good flop shot. @KEV had one that made @JasonFinleyCG say bad words and I had one that made @Luke WilliamsCG question my parentage. (All in good fun of course) A good flop shot will definitely annoy the ZooCrew, and help you get in their heads.

I've got the flop in my repertoire but I rarely use it on the course. If my partner has us in good shape I will try to bring the pain from above down on the Zoo Crew.

Don’t discount the importance of a good flop shot. [/USER]
@Luke WilliamsCG question my parentage. (All in good fun of course) A good flop shot will definitely annoy the ZooCrew, and help you get in their heads.

I can pull that out every now and again. 40% of the time it works 100% of the time

Is today gonna be the day!?

Alt shot is fun. For me personally, I want my partner to hit whatever shot they are comfortable with. I can adapt. If he has a preference in distance, I certainly will do my best to be there. I’m easy going. Let’s just have fun, duff it around, and win a point or whatever is on the line.

Both of us will miss throughout the round. It’s golf. No sorries needed from my partner because guess what, my miss is coming and it’ll come in quick and unexpected haha. This game is too fun (especially at an event like this) to get upset about human error in an already impossibl-to-perfect game. Just don’t let that error be the grumps.

Hope to see who’s chosen today (who knows it just might be me ????‍♂️) pretty excited as always of course. This is a good team and love the interaction y’all have been bringing the past 7 months.

In terms of Alt shot. I don't know. I think there is some compromising that needs to be taken into account. I mean, you don't want to take your own game for granted just to set up your partner. It's an interesting format with some give and take. I guess the key for me would just to approach it with no apologies. I don't want my partner feeling like they did me wrong if they hit a bad shot.

In terms of Alt shot. I don't know. I think there is some compromising that needs to be taken into account. I mean, you don't want to take your own game for granted just to set up your partner. It's an interesting format with some give and take. I guess the key for me would just to approach it with no apologies. I don't want my partner feeling like they did me wrong if they hit a bad shot.

There’s a lot of compromise required for sure. If you can’t hit a shot shape, it’s better to hit one you can, even if it leaves your partner with an uncomfortable distance for them. It’s also better to hit a 7i if your partner likes that distance better than your 6i.

Conversation is key in alt shot.

it's nice to have a partner who doesn't compound on your guilty feelings. let's face it: we all know when we put our partners in a bad spot and we all feel like crap for doing it. a partner who can laugh it off and not make you feel even worse is so helpful. we all want to win, but our #1 goal is to have fun, enjoy the experience and bring the forum with us.

Alternate shot also has chances of conceded albatrosses.

it's nice to have a partner who doesn't compound on your guilty feelings. let's face it: we all know when we put our partners in a bad spot and we all feel like crap for doing it. a partner who can laugh it off and not make you feel even worse is so helpful. we all want to win, but our #1 goal is to have fun, enjoy the experience and bring the forum with us.
Ya if you can't laugh during alt shot, then it will be a very long round.

The lower cap's are going to be put in bad shape by the higher cap partner, this is a given. As a higher cap I would want to hear the preferred location for every shot that I hit and the opinion and encouragement that my partner will give. If he says he would like 100 yards in to the pin from the right side of the fairway that is the shot I will try to hit. I will pull it off or I might top it 40 yards into the lake, either way I will hold my head high and move on. The good thing is that we have some sticks on this team that will get us back in the hole on the next shot.

Cannot wait!!

Alt shot sounds really fun, have never played it, and it would be fun to laugh at the rough shots we leave each other. I think there's be a lot of fun banter in that, depending on your partner having the same positive/care free attitude towards it

Alt shot sounds really fun, have never played it, and it would be fun to laugh at the rough shots we leave each other. I think there's be a lot of fun banter in that, depending on your partner having the same positive/care free attitude towards it

One of the assistant captains duties is to throat punch any team member who gets whiney. :LOL::ROFLMAO::D

One of the assistant captains duties is to throat punch any team member who gets whiney. :LOL::ROFLMAO::D

the list of throat-punchable offenses is getting pretty long haha

I more receptive of judo chops

I mean you're at the freaking Grandaddy....being whiney is just a bad look, right?

Alternate shot is fun, but it's even more fun if you get along with the the person and can laugh at yourself and each other.

"I can't hit irons, and three of the par 3s are evens, so I'm taking the odds."

I can honestly say that anybody violating rule #1 of the Grandaddy rule book, which if you don't know means you have not followed a single Grandaddy or THP Event every on this site, will be sent home early duct taped in a trash bag.

Back