2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

That would be hard and fortunately I don’t have to, I will say though that sometimes I don’t want to switch, but we need to play the latest and greatest we have so it’s usually an annual thing for me around this time of year. I had a Red Marxman a couple years ago that I LOVED, I putted great with that and wouldn’t have switched except that we came out with Stroke Lab and EXO and I switched to an EXO Marxman with Stroke Lab and I loved that too. Now tryouts are back on, and this new TEN has won the starting job for now, it’s probably going to be in my bag for awhile.
It knocked the Exo Marxman out of the bag for me... it is stupid good. The ball does not want to leave its line.

That would be hard and fortunately I don’t have to, I will say though that sometimes I don’t want to switch, but we need to play the latest and greatest we have so it’s usually an annual thing for me around this time of year. I had a Red Marxman a couple years ago that I LOVED, I putted great with that and wouldn’t have switched except that we came out with Stroke Lab and EXO and I switched to an EXO Marxman with Stroke Lab and I loved that too. Now tryouts are back on, and this new TEN has won the starting job for now, it’s probably going to be in my bag for awhile.
That 10 is so gorgeous. I think it's going to be a gigantic success. Would the 10 be an EXO candidate some day?

That 10 is so gorgeous. I think it's going to be a gigantic success. Would the 10 be an EXO candidate some day?

It already has some of that thinking in it with a light weight puck in the center of the head to remove weight which we can position around the perimeter. Similar idea to what we did with that aluminum in EXO.

Loved Tokyo. Such an absolutely amazing city. Couldn’t believe how clean it was.

Side note....

The Grandaddy of Them All is on the clock.

It’s nice to have Zoo Crew folks stopping in to answer questions we all have now. Thankful that they’re all willing to give their time for all of us normal golfers.

Have a great trip @Luke WilliamsCG ! Unfortunate that we didn’t get to tee it up last year but hopefully we will one of these years.

sounds like a blast ! Can you bring back some of that Callaway Japan Apparel? Or convince someone to start selling it here?
+1

question for past participants. with 3 weeks remaining, what was your mindset? what were you doing to prepare?

I remember that putter being on fire and looking so good.
Can you remember the putter the @DNevsCG was using? - That one was fantastic looking - looked like an EXO Marxman if I remember correctly.

question for past participants. with 3 weeks remaining, what was your mindset? what were you doing to prepare?

Right now everyone should be

1. in "clean up" mode with their games. Trust your prep up until this point.
2. Know your miss and make it an advantage
3. Short Game, Short Game, Short Game!!! Sharpen that short game
4. Relax....the time out there goes by quick, relax and try to stay in the moment. Its tough because you cant help but wonder "whats next". Pace Yourself.
5. Double check your travel list. make sure no surprises pop up and you have all you need.

Right now everyone should be

1. in "clean up" mode with their games. Trust your prep up until this point.
2. Know your miss and make it an advantage
3. Short Game, Short Game, Short Game!!! Sharpen that short game
4. Relax....the time out there goes by quick, relax and try to stay in the moment. Its tough because you cant help but wonder "whats next". Pace Yourself.
5. Double check your travel list. make sure no surprises pop up and you have all you need.

4-6” of snow here today - any good tips for indoor short game practice? ?

What about packing essentials we might not think of ?

That number is just amazing, 21 days will go by quickly.

4-6” of snow here today - any good tips for indoor short game practice? ?

What about packing essentials we might not think of ?

Putt indoors. Nail down the stroke for those 6-10 foot putts. If you have room pace off 15-20 yds and chip/pitch to a basket or towels...play around with landing area or actually landing into the basket

Travel wise just the normal stuff. Toiletries, charging cables, external battery, etc....I just make a mental checklist so i am not scrambling the night before.

Mikeg, great thoughts. My putting mat has been getting worked. If nothing else, I can say I have a repeatable putting stroke when we touch down in San Diego.

Remember Everyone: Don't pack your golf clubs! You won't need 'em! (y)

can i bring my own shafts and grips, and have access to the club building equipment so i can do it myself. i don't trust ANYONE but myself to work on my clubs. /sarcasm lmao

I'm not much of a grinder or worrier so I took a decent of time off before the event to reset. I had practiced and played a ton before that and felt like I was getting burned out which is not my style. I think I did a lot more putting overall leading up the event and also planned a call out with Kevin81002 a few days before the Grandaddy to get into the competition mindset.

I think it would be wise to add some friendly competition to your guys' game as a final prep because you could play and practice all day and night but when something is actually on the line, the game can turn REAL quick.

It’s nice to have Zoo Crew folks stopping in to answer questions we all have now. Thankful that they’re all willing to give their time for all of us normal golfers.
I mean if we don’t answer you guys then we have to work. You all know what I prefer.

Side notes last two weeks

Miami Dolphins 2-0
NE. 0-1

Just saying.

Best part of my day is while @JasonFinleyCG is flying to the same place I am albeit on different routes we both end up here in the forum.

Back