2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Hit the range today and focused solely on wedges. Full, 3/4, and 1/2 shots. Then headed to the chipping area where I worked on shots from every lie. It’s getting so close, it’s time to hone in the short game!

We've discussed the importance where pace of play in concerned.....Although I expect the #TeamTHP to be rolling so most of the matches wont need the full 9 or 18.
Haha haha. That’s funny.

Hit the range today and focused solely on wedges. Full, 3/4, and 1/2 shots. Then headed to the chipping area where I worked on shots from every lie. It’s getting so close, it’s time to hone in the short game!
Love it. The passion everyone shows in the last weeks is amazing. Keep it up.

You know we also like to play fast right :). Don’t become the first team in the history of the granddaddy to go on the clock. If caddy says its 135 to flag unsure what else is needed...maybe one of you will be the first to bring a swing coach or sports psychologist to this. Say it ain’t so @JasonFinleyCG

I tried, but Dr. Bob Rotella wasn't available. I'll have to make due without...

I tried, but Dr. Bob Rotella wasn't available. I'll have to make due without...
I read one of his books. I have you covered out there.

The wife and I helped a friend pack up her kitchen this morning, so I just worked on upper body strength. :ROFLMAO:

@jeffneubarth & @JasonFinleyCG How did this year look for your guys' golf game? Were you guys able to get out consistently? Did your games progress/regress? What would you guys rate as the best portion of your game? The worst?

question for past participants. with 3 weeks remaining, what was your mindset? what were you doing to prepare?

My mindset was to just enjoy the ride. I think I hit up the simulator once or twice to keep things loose and I spent some time every evening practice putting. Otherwise it was just trying to keep from going crazy from the excitement.

@jeffneubarth & @JasonFinleyCG How did this year look for your guys' golf game? Were you guys able to get out consistently? Did your games progress/regress? What would you guys rate as the best portion of your game? The worst?
I’ll let Jason answer but there is an adage....the more you work in the golf industry, the less you play....that being said I’ve dedicated the fall to working on my game and major swing flaw and not playing much. East all week working so nothing for me this week but rest assured I will be more than ready for the granddaddy.

All I can say is I love playing more now than I ever have and that’s the goal right. I play with amazing group of guys and am lucky that my kids and family all enjoy the game so we can do it together. I’m solid as a 9 right now and might have to head over to the hideaway for a scouting trip with @JasonFinleyCG

My mindset was to just enjoy the ride. I think I hit up the simulator once or twice to keep things loose and I spent some time every evening practice putting. Otherwise it was just trying to keep from going crazy from the excitement.
Was that because the snow was to deep to get to where the simulator was? :LOL:

I’ll let Jason answer but there is an adage....the more you work in the golf industry, the less you play....that being said I’ve dedicated the fall to working on my game and major swing flaw and not playing much. East all week working so nothing for me this week but rest assured I will be more than ready for the granddaddy.

All I can say is I love playing more now than I ever have and that’s the goal right. I play with amazing group of guys and am lucky that my kids and family all enjoy the game so we can do it together. I’m solid as a 9 right now and might have to head over to the hideaway for a scouting trip with @JasonFinleyCG
Need someone to help round out a foursome? :D

playing with family is the best - cannot wait for my kids to get a bit bigger and come out with wife and me.
Where do the super hybrids fit in your bag and where are you utilizing them most?

Was that because the snow was to deep to get to where the simulator was? :LOL:
Don't make me use my weather powers to send the cold to California again! :ROFLMAO:

That's awesome man! I tried to get my girls (12 and 8) into the game. They didn't take unfortunately. Would love to grab the kiddos, head to the course, and spend the day playing golf and bonding with the kids.

I will add. If you feel you need to try and gain an edge and have a scouting trip to get an upperhand on a group of guys who don't have that luxury, you do what you feel is best :)

I just got home and opened up my computer to see heaven on the desktop.

D91A46C9-1812-438B-A809-94A519CB646C.jpeg

Attachments

• D68B9091-5FE3-4C7D-B693-FEF1EE8ABCD0.jpeg
    D68B9091-5FE3-4C7D-B693-FEF1EE8ABCD0.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 2
playing with family is the best - cannot wait for my kids to get a bit bigger and come out with wife and me.
Where do the super hybrids fit in your bag and where are you utilizing them most?
I’ll let you know when I figure it out. But on recent shipshow talked about how much I like them

I actually just hit up the sim at Golf Addiction here in Fargo. Was pretty slow there. Was kind of relaxing. Had a couple Big Waves. Just had it set to the range was working on the move my instructor pointed out to me. The only thing is I am not as resilient as I once was. Went for about an hour and 10 minutes. Hit 120 shots and my body is hurting today.

I’ll let you know when I figure it out. But on recent shipshow talked about how much I like them

Oh, we heard how you used them to win the skin paired with the #ten! Great playing!

We have taken notice!

Have you seen anyone going with more than one super hybrid?

We can break away from a routine if they do not allow us back for day 2 or next year.
I am really looking forward to the experience of having a forecaddie. Never played with a caddie of any sort before. I will leave all of my distance measuring devices at home.

Back