2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Just picked up a little mat and chipping net to keep the feels going in the basement, had a really nice putt out session last night, and As I’m walking around the office, I will randomly stop and just do a backswing move into my right feel (my trigger). With this work and the backing of my team and friends here at THP, I feel great about where I’m at and I’m ready to just go and have my mind blown with knowledge, make new friends, and play some amazing golf holes with incredible people. 8.5 more days of work for this guy. I’m ready.

How is the rest of Team THP's prep work going?

Got on trackman this morning and actually think I gained a few MPH since my lessons. Ball flight is also more consistent with a tighter dispersion. I definitely have all my baseline numbers for where I’d like to be but truthfully, it’s just for my fitter to know and use rather than me trying to match a number.

Going to keep using the putting mat indoors and chipping at the range whenever I have a spare moment. Otherwise, I play 18 Saturday and again next Friday which will probably be my last 2 rounds due to thanksgiving. And then I’ll be on a plane to San Diego!!!

I went to PGATSS this morning and hit my F7 7i (Recoil 660), got some numbers, then went over to the Cally fitting studio they had and hit the Epic Forged 7i (Catalyst 60 5.5). Averaged an increase of 10 yards, 2 mph or ball speed, and slightly better dispersion with the EF. They didn’t have a Recoil I could try it in.

i wish i knew, man. i really wish i knew.
When all else fails start swinging for the fences man. No thoughts, just swing out of your shoes.. That'll get you loosened up. Make that ball you're b*tch.

Got on trackman this morning and actually think I gained a few MPH since my lessons. Ball flight is also more consistent with a tighter dispersion. I definitely have all my baseline numbers for where I’d like to be but truthfully, it’s just for my fitter to know and use rather than me trying to match a number.

Going to keep using the putting mat indoors and chipping at the range whenever I have a spare moment. Otherwise, I play 18 Saturday and again next Friday which will probably be my last 2 rounds due to thanksgiving. And then I’ll be on a plane to San Diego!!!

I'm glad you're seeing progress. Seems like the GD prep really increased your focus.

Black Friday is probably going to feel a lot different for 12 guys this year. I mean equipment purchases should be at an absolute minimum and lastly, while everyone else is scrambling to stores, these guys will be scrambling to pack. It just doesn't get better than this guys. It doesn't. Get ready my friends.

Black Friday is probably going to feel a lot different for 12 guys this year. I mean equipment purchases should be at an absolute minimum and lastly, while everyone else is scrambling to stores, these guys will be scrambling to pack. It just doesn't get better than this guys. It doesn't. Get ready my friends.

after having the front row seat to everything, I'll have a nice Christmas list ready.

Callaway is shooting themselves in the foot a little bit in my case. Not only are they giving me an entire bag of equipment. But, they're stealing sales away from CPO. I am a sucker for their black friday deals.

Packing list is ready, not really anything else I need just have to put it all together. Room reservation at airport hotel has been made so I can hopefully sleep an extra hour or two the night before we fly. So ready to do this. I can already feel the anticipation creeping in 20 days out.

Callaway is shooting themselves in the foot a little bit in my case. Not only are they giving me an entire bag of equipment. But, they're stealing sales away from CPO. I am a sucker for their black friday deals.

I’m right there with you. Before last year, my CPO purchases were outlandish this time of year.

Last edited:
Listening to the podcast now. Enjoying learning about @dacatalyst41 and his GD experience and also insight into what the GD means to the people who are Callaway Golf. I can get cynical about industry people and marketing hype, but this is genuine. Pretty cool. I don't know, one day I might find myself rooting a bit for zoocrew. :rolleyes: Don't hate me guys; you already won by going! :p

How is the weather out East?
So I am a reasonable drive from the Chicopee plant and Finley just showed up. It was 50 and sunny yesterday, but today it’s snowing. You do the math. He’s going great lengths to keep me off the course. Would we put an underground secret weather machine past @JasonFinleyCG ?

I’ll be on a plane for 6 hours on cyber Monday with WiFi. You think this is going to save me $ ?

Updating my zoo crew team guess if I can:

Finley
Neubark
Lex
Luke

Steven
Ethan
Pete
ScottyG

Yo DNevs
Ian
Matt B
Vrska

Just finished up the latest A15 podcast. Great interview with @dacatalyst41

Man, I have to say, you do an amazing job representing this event. The level of respect and appreciation you have towards the event, the zoocrew, and THP is impressive. You do such a good job putting words to the emotions myself, and my teammates no doubt, have.

Well done my man. It was a treat to listen to!

Back