2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

what’s your approach?

I don't always drink when I play golf, but for this event it seems like the thing to do and since I don't really drink much the night before I play I don't really have to factor that into my plan.

I'm not a Bloody Mary guy, but if I'm in a group that is into them I may start with a Bloody Maria or two, if you haven't had one it substitutes Tequila for the Vodka and gives it a nice tequila kick that masks some of the tomato juice flavor, which makes them WAY better than Bloody Marys. Sometimes though I'll start with a Mimosa, champagne tastes like victory so sometimes I like to start my day with that.

Once on the course I usually switch to the Blueberry Lemonade Vodkas, it doesn't really feel like a round at The Hideaway if you don't. I don't have a set program for these I usually just order another when I finish the one I have and sometimes you'll get a random drink angel that shows up with a tray of them even if you didn't order them. If they start to get too sweet for me I may switch to beer, just depends.

I don't like to have a strict plan, I like to play it by ear and the group I'm drinking/playing with factors in as well. And of course there is no pressure to drink, if you don't like to drink on the course or at Al's or at the Nest that's cool too. Like I said to each his own.

Attachments

• C422CEE9-0037-473B-9E42-95FED6FBCDC7.jpeg
    C422CEE9-0037-473B-9E42-95FED6FBCDC7.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 35
I’m doing just fine...received this lovely gift from Team THP and all I can say is BEEEEEWWWWMMMMMM!!!
What’s up yo? I think we need to tee it up again.

I’m doing just fine...received this lovely gift from Team THP and all I can say is BEEEEEWWWWMMMMMM!!!
Lol! Awesome! I'm liking that hat he's wearing!

I love how this thread has apparently taken a huge timeout on account of football.

I spent my day at a friend's, watching the Broncos choke away a 20-point lead and getting some GD prep in:

IMG_20191117_110748.jpg

You're from New Orleans, I'm guessing you're a pro!

I have a feeling you and I will get along just fine. We can discuss over many cocktails!

I’ve never had the Bloody Maria but will certainly give it a try! Sounds delightful!

All in good fun Boom Panda!

PANDA WATCH!

I don't always drink when I play golf, but for this event it seems like the thing to do and since I don't really drink much the night before I play I don't really have to factor that into my plan.

I'm not a Bloody Mary guy, but if I'm in a group that is into them I may start with a Bloody Maria or two, if you haven't had one it substitutes Tequila for the Vodka and gives it a nice tequila kick that masks some of the tomato juice flavor, which makes them WAY better than Bloody Marys. Sometimes though I'll start with a Mimosa, champagne tastes like victory so sometimes I like to start my day with that.

Once on the course I usually switch to the Blueberry Lemonade Vodkas, it doesn't really feel like a round at The Hideaway if you don't. I don't have a set program for these I usually just order another when I finish the one I have and sometimes you'll get a random drink angel that shows up with a tray of them even if you didn't order them. If they start to get too sweet for me I may switch to beer, just depends.

I don't like to have a strict plan, I like to play it by ear and the group I'm drinking/playing with factors in as well. And of course there is no pressure to drink, if you don't like to drink on the course or at Al's or at the Nest that's cool too. Like I said to each his own.

This plan sounds pretty phenomenal. I'm not much for Bloody Marys, so I'll sub in mimosas or screwdrivers, but otherwise it seems exactly right.

I don't normally drink/smoke when I play golf, but at The Grandaddy I was positively blitzed by the end of day 1. I'd do it all over again too haha.
You know you’ve done some damage when they run out of blueberry vodka

There he is. @DNevsCG be walking up to the tee holding the new super hybrid like.

1574051227319.jpeg

I still can't believe I get to experience this on again. I thought I had an idea in 2015 what was coming, but in reality I had no clue. The event has evolved since then and each year it's gotten better (if that's possible) and each team is provided their own unique experience.

For this year's team part of what I wanted to do is prepare each of you for what "might" be coming. We know the there will be new gear, fittings, product presentations and some insider tidbits here and there. What you don't know is how it's presented or when it might be presented. This is where Callaway has managed to keep us guessing and it's led to jaws dropping and a bunch of smiling internet golfers trying to figure out what just happened.

The next couple of weeks as you are sharpening your games, take some time to sharpen the mental side of it as well. Get yourself to a spot where you are balanced and ready. I say this because the experience comes at you fast. Go back into the older threads and put yourself in their shoes. Try to envision the experience. I say this for two reasons

1. It will only help you experience this event that much better. If you mentally prepare yourself for what's coming, I think it will help you take it all in that much better and it will make for a better trip

2. I think by mentally preparing yourselves it benefit those who will be following along. How many times in the past threads have we seen posts about "it's been quiet, those guys must be blown away right now". I know no one can update the forum all the time. My job will be to update as often and best as I can given embargo and NDA restrictions, but I think if you can mentally be ready, we can enhance the experience for those who will be following along in the live thread.

I know it sounds crazy and maybe too much to ask, but I just want each of you to have the time of your lives. I want each of you to board that plane at the end of the week with no regrets about what you could have done or didn't do. There is no right or wrong way to experience this event, (well there is a wrong way, but I will throat punch anyone who does) but I am a firm believer the more you mentally prepare for a given situation, when you are in the moment it won't feel so foreign and it will make the experience that much better.

I still can't believe I get to experience this on again. I thought I had an idea in 2015 what was coming, but in reality I had no clue. The event has evolved since then and each year it's gotten better (if that's possible) and each team is provided their own unique experience.

For this year's team part of what I wanted to do is prepare each of you for what "might" be coming. We know the there will be new gear, fittings, product presentations and some insider tidbits here and there. What you don't know is how it's presented or when it might be presented. This is where Callaway has managed to keep us guessing and it's led to jaws dropping and a bunch of smiling internet golfers trying to figure out what just happened.

The next couple of weeks as you are sharpening your games, take some time to sharpen the mental side of it as well. Get yourself to a spot where you are balanced and ready. I say this because the experience comes at you fast. Go back into the older threads and put yourself in their shoes. Try to envision the experience. I say this for two reasons

1. It will only help you experience this event that much better. If you mentally prepare yourself for what's coming, I think it will help you take it all in that much better and it will make for a better trip

2. I think by mentally preparing yourselves it benefit those who will be following along. How many times in the past threads have we seen posts about "it's been quiet, those guys must be blown away right now". I know no one can update the forum all the time. My job will be to update as often and best as I can given embargo and NDA restrictions, but I think if you can mentally be ready, we can enhance the experience for those who will be following along in the live thread.

I know it sounds crazy and maybe too much to ask, but I just want each of you to have the time of your lives. I want each of you to board that plane at the end of the week with no regrets about what you could have done or didn't do. There is no right or wrong way to experience this event, (well there is a wrong way, but I will throat punch anyone who does) but I am a firm believer the more you mentally prepare for a given situation, when you are in the moment it won't feel so foreign and it will make the experience that much better.

Great words mike. I appreciate your perspective to help keep us mentally prepared for this event. Very valuable perspective.

the one thing I feel I’m most anxious about is the fitting experience. I know I will be in great hands with the best fitters in the business. This is the area I’ve been doing the most research because I want to be educated on the shaft offerings to expedite the process and have some knowledge to help articulate my game and expectations of what I’m looking for. Example “I fight high ball flight and high spin with my driver which I get no roll, so I’m looking for a shaft that helps that area”.

cant believe we are two weeks out from travel day! At this point in time I would be almost an hour away from connecting with @McLovin and @j_sizzle9 in Texas en route to SD!

@mikeg_74 great words, can't wait!!!! 2 weeks until we are on the plane and heading for the experience of a lifetime.

14 days...Wow. Chances of me accomplishing anything at work over the next two weeks are pretty slim. My head is in the clouds right now. Just Grandaddy dreaming.

This. Luckily I’m off next week as I’d be utterly useless at work... much as I have been for the last 6 months.
Haha. I have been able to motor through for the most part and get some things accomplished. Until now that is. I have 3 days in the office next week. Thanksgiving will be a test of my immune system. Have to go to the inlaws and then my family. Will be exposed to roughly 50 different people that day.

Back