2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

One piece of advice for this year's participants. If you have a chance to have Joe Toulon take a look at your putting stroke - don't pass it up. I'll be forever a better golfer because of the changes he recommended.

Ok Team THP! Thanks to the inspiration of @dazeedmonds from last year 2018 event thread, I figured it is a great opportunity for the forum to get to know our golf mindset on how we would play each hole at the Hideaway on Dye and Clive courses before we step foot on it. I borrowed dazeemonds images from the thread and added it here. Thanks @dazeedmonds!

Will start with Hole #1 tonight and then do 2 holes per day until the 24th and then one per day after that to conclude on 12/1 before we travel.

Zoo Crew - Feel free to engage as well!

Here we go! Hole #1

Dye #1:
View attachment 8915596

Clive #1:
View attachment 8915597

Dye #1: Driver to 300 yard range. 54* wedge at 50% to center left of the green

Clive #1: Driver to end up short of bunker at top of fairway. Depending on remaining distance - 5 or 6 iron for a slight fade onto the green.
Dye #1: Driver off the tee and with the shape of this green, I can definitely be aggressive with a wedge. Likely 54 degree to 2 feet. Birdie. ;)

Clive #1: Driver here as well. Probably going to be 220/230 out so hybrid with a perfectly shaped green for a left toright shot shape. 2 putt for birdie here too! :p

Ok Team THP! Thanks to the inspiration of @dazeedmonds from last year 2018 event thread, I figured it is a great opportunity for the forum to get to know our golf mindset on how we would play each hole at the Hideaway on Dye and Clive courses before we step foot on it. I borrowed dazeemonds images from the thread and added it here. Thanks @dazeedmonds!

Will start with Hole #1 tonight and then do 2 holes per day until the 24th and then one per day after that to conclude on 12/1 before we travel.

Here we go! Hole #1

Dye #1:
View attachment 8915596

Clive #1:
View attachment 8915597

Clive #1: Driver to end up short of bunker at top of fairway. Depending on remaining distance - 5 or 6 iron for a slight fade onto the green.

Let me help with a little hint on what the result will be for me after #1 - 1up . All you need to know.

Let me help with a little hint on what the result will be for me after #1 - 1up . All you need to know.
You must be having some flashbacks, or maybe the hunger is effecting your mind. Go have a cookie and you'll feel better.

Well, according to @jeffneubarth its imperative for a pre range beverage. I suspect quite a few of us will be up 1-2 on the match before hole 1.

Here we go! Hole #1

Dye #1:
View attachment 8915596

Clive #1:
View attachment 8915597

I didn’t do any of the work on the Dye course out of lack of desire, but I did the Clive. From the assumed tees y’all will be playing from, the fairway bunker complex is at 345, leaving 174 front edge left side. The first fairway bunker set on the right is 193 to it, and 237 to carry it. The lone fairway bunker on the left starts at 294, 314 to carry it.

That being said for the Dye, first fairway bunker on your left starts at 186 and probably won’t be in play for everybody. The second one on the left however starts at 231 and will likely require a carrier of 250 to get by it

Well, according to @jeffneubarth its imperative for a pre range beverage. I suspect quite a few of us will be up 1-2 on the match before hole 1.
The pre round beverage isn’t for everyone but rest assured it’ll make you feel better when you see 1 down after 1

The pre round beverage isn’t for everyone but rest assured it’ll make you feel better when you see 1 down after 1

I felt the pain of being 1 down after 1 to Jeff in singles.

The end result though... ?

The Clive course is so phenomenal. It's beautiful everywhere you turn with the emerald grass, white bunkers, waterfalls and ponds, and flowers. It's a 2nd shot golf course and quite forgiving off the tee so you won't necessarily win or lose a hole off the tee.

The strategy on approach is very simple IMO - avoid the bunkers. The greens are pure and not too tough to putt but the bunkers are basically a 1 stroke penalty with the ultra soft sand. If there's a bunker short, club up. If there's a bunker left, aim right.

Just my opinion boys!

The best part is that these overhead images make it look like these could be any other golf courses - water right, bunkers short etc. - just wait until you see the tee shot off Clive #1 in person!

I can’t wait...I have heard so much about how beautiful these courses are!

Here is my strategy at the moment (it depends on which hole I start on and how much of a buzz I have when I reach these holes)

dye 1: 3 wood or driving iron, 9iron, likely a missed green, chip and two putt bogey.

clive 1: driver, go for green in two and get into some kind of trouble, long pitch shot leaving myself a long birdie attempt, 2 putt par (usually would be a 3-putt but I’ll be using a mallet fit by @Luke WilliamsCG so distance control will be great)

It’ll make you feel better no matter the result.

Also, did I hear correctly on PGA radio that congratulations are in order for a recent engagement?

Got another email with travel itinerary confirmations. Pre travel nerves are in full effect. My wife suggested that I just quit bugging her and pack my bag now so I don't have to worry about anything.

Got another email with travel itinerary confirmations. Pre travel nerves are in full effect. My wife suggested that I just quit bugging her and pack my bag now so I don't have to worry about anything.

I knew it was real when flights were booked, but to see hotel and pick up information is the cherry on top. I've been tempering my excitement up until now, but I'm getting goosebumps again.

I need to get two things from all participants please. Can you please send me a PM with a picture of yourself (face shot if possible) and your 11/15 handicap update. Thanks

I need to get two things from all participants please. Can you please send me a PM with a picture of yourself (face shot if possible) and your 11/15 handicap update. Thanks
PM Sent! Thanks Jason!

Updated Travel Itinerary and request from Mr. Finley in the same day! Excitement level officially is higher than ever!

Back