2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Haha, thanks @Luke WilliamsCG ! very valuable insight ;)

Time for holes 2 and 3!

Dye 2:

View attachment 8915735

Dye 3

View attachment 8915736

Clive 2
View attachment 8915737

Clive 3
View attachment 8915738

in light of today’s sh1tshow display i had on the course, it feels a little fraudulent to pretend like i can do anything of this. but here goes.

dye 2: draw fw off the bunkers, hopefully 230-250. 9i or pw at the hole for another birdie attempt.

dye 3: hybrid or long iron, then 9i or pw for my third birdie putt in 3 holes.

clive 2: 8i to the middle of the green. easy 2p par.

clive 3: low runner driver down the middle. 9i or pw for a birdie chance.

Haha, thanks @Luke WilliamsCG ! very valuable insight ;)

Time for holes 2 and 3!

Dye 2:

View attachment 8915735

Dye 3

View attachment 8915736

Clive 2
View attachment 8915737

Clive 3
View attachment 8915738

Dye 2: Feeling dangerous like Baker Mayfield and will hit driver to carry across cart path. Maybe 80 yards left for a nice soft 54* wedge onto the green.

Dye 3: Potential drivable hole for me with driver. If I hit it solid and produce a baby draw to generate additional roll, it'll be on the green. if not, simple chip on. At this point whoever is playing me in Zoo Crew will probably text @JasonFinleyCG in anger for pairing them with me.

Clive 2: 7 iron dart straight at the top of the pin.

Clive 3: Intimidating hole with trouble on right with beautiful looking houses that acts as magnets to your golf ball. But not intimidating enough to hit a fitted driver. Driver straight down the middle. Gap/soft PW onto the green.
Dye 2: let’s hope the fitters dial in my slice, other wise that house is in trouble. Other wise 9i into green.

Dye 3: Might go 3w on that hole to take the water out of play then 6i in.

Clive: 2. 6 iron in and hope the power fade shows up.

Clive 3: Driver 9i/PW in depending on drive

Clive 2. The very last hole I played at the Hideaway. My tee shot on that hole is my Avatar pic, which was taken unbeknownst to me by my cart mate, @mikeg_74. I really like that pic, so glad he thought to snap it.

The posted yardage that day was about 160 to a front pin. I could have played 8 but played a 7 iron just to be safe past the junk. Ended up a good 20+ feet above the hole with a tough downhill putt, that I put to about a foot away and was given the par. Perfect way to end my time on the course.

I remember many of these holes and shots like it was just last week. You all are in for such a treat. I always get stoked this time of year knowing what you’re about to go through. And getting to relive it again through all of you.

Clive 2. The very last hole I played at the Hideaway. My tee shot on that hole is my Avatar pic, which was taken unbeknownst to me by my cart mate, @mikeg_74. I really like that pic, so glad he thought to snap it.

The posted yardage that day was about 160 to a front pin. I could have played 8 but played a 7 iron just to be safe past the junk. Ended up a good 20+ feet above the hole with a tough downhill putt, that I put to about a foot away and was given the par. Perfect way to end my time on the course.

I remember many of these holes and shots like it was just last week. You all are in for such a treat. I always get stoked this time of year knowing what you’re about to go through. And getting to relive it again through all of you.

A par on that hole to finish is great, but from what I recall, that last hole was technically meaningless because you had already completed a floor-mopping (of me).

A par on that hole to finish is great, but from what I recall, that last hole was technically meaningless because you had already completed a floor-mopping (of me).

True, it didn’t mean anything for the match, but it was nice to finish with a par. I don’t think I’d call it a floor mopping, it was a pretty good battle. I played well that day (shot my handicap). You played well too (shot your handicap).

I also recall you had a nice par on that hole as well. I think your tee shot was left of the green, up on a hill and you had a very nice chip to gimme range.

PS - I’m listening to you on TheShip show, and I like you as a cohost. I’m stopped at the audition part, but so far all of your reasons for not being a good host are having the reverse effect on me and making me think that much more you’d be good, lol. Part of your master plan, Constanza?

in light of today’s sh1tshow display i had on the course, it feels a little fraudulent to pretend like i can do anything of this. but here goes.

dye 2: draw fw off the bunkers, hopefully 230-250. 9i or pw at the hole for another birdie attempt.

dye 3: hybrid or long iron, then 9i or pw for my third birdie putt in 3 holes.

clive 2: 8i to the middle of the green. easy 2p par.

clive 3: low runner driver down the middle. 9i or pw for a birdie chance.
or 2down and 3 down

Get @mikeg_74 the WiFi backpack and live stream it

Clive 2 scorecard yardage says 165 center. Tee box is 32yds long, so it can play long or short. From the back edge of the tee, it’ll be 168 front edge on the left side and 173 to carry the right greenside bunker. With the green opening up from left to right, left is going to be the preferred miss if the pin is anywhere from the center of the green on right.

Clive 3

Hole is 400yds long, the landing area is at its widest from 215 to 305yds off the tee. Depending on your nerves, you have options. A 255yd poke will leave you just inside the 151 yardage marker, so find something you can build some confidence with if you need it. If not, go send it. Right’s no good approaching into the green with that near 40yd long greenside bunker, left will give you more options should you miss there.

i would volley a witty retort if i had half a leg to stand on. sadly i don’t at the moment.

Cmon @McLovin keep the confidence in your game. It will travel.

1574347658271.gif

This was a bittersweet hole. DNevs had closed out our match the hole before and this tee box represented the end of the journey. IRC i used an 8i and tried to cut it in, but it landed in the bunker left. Up and down for par to go home strong.

Good morning everyone!! Another day closer to paradise, and starting to get a bit anxious. Tried staying up a bit later last night to try and get used to the time change when in Cali.

I had a really crazy dream I was in the GRANDADDY.. maybe psychic powers for next year?

Funny thing, when I opened my phone when I woke up and this thread was up, but I don't remember browsing it last night .. maybe a little sleep-thping?

Cmon @McLovin keep the confidence in your game. It will travel.

i appreciate the positivity. and while writing a 9-hole score that starts with a 5 is jarring, i promise i'm not bummed out or down on myself. there's a fine line between negativity and reality sometimes. it would be dishonest for me to say i'm confident in my ability to score and win. that's not because i'm negative, it's just the reality of the scores i'm posting vs my current index. if i could play 3-4 times a week, my index would adjust to my current trend. but i can only pay 2-3 times a month, and that lets historical low scores linger longer than i think they should.

i missed a couple good birdie chances yesterday. i almost holed out from 170 for eagle. i had back-to-back birdies in the hardest stretch of that course. i made some bomb putts. i hit really nice bunker shots. i crushed a couple drives. i hit a 5w from 230 off a bare lie under a tree. there is really good golf still in my dna. that's what i'm focusing on. but i can't ignore the reality that my last 5 scores are 87, 85, 90, 88, and 89. ...with a 7.1 index. that is not a recipe for success in competition golf.

y'all know when it's wheels down in ca, i'm gonna be all smiles and laughs. i don't care whether i sh1t the bed at the hideaway. this opportunity and experience is far too special to let a run of bad golf taint it in any way.

This was a bittersweet hole. DNevs had closed out our match the hole before and this tee box represented the end of the journey. IRC i used an 8i and tried to cut it in, but it landed in the bunker left. Up and down for par to go home strong.

Yep, I remember the feeling riding back to the clubhouse. It was the first time I got the “it’s ending too fast, just a few more moments of this, please” feeling. The golf won’t last long, but the friendships and memories are timeless.

oh, and i pm'd my index to @JasonFinleyCG last night. i told him i'm a 7.1, but i'm playing like a 15 so let's go with that. his exact words were, "you'll get 7.1 and you'll like it"

queue the imperial march

Yep, I remember the feeling riding back to the clubhouse. It was the first time I got the “it’s ending too fast, just a few more moments of this, please” feeling. The golf won’t last long, but the friendships and memories are timeless.
That was such a bittersweet moment. That week goes by in the blink of an eye and I remember feeling so energized from the round of golf we just played but also exhausted from the whole week. I was bummed that it was coming to an end but so excited and grateful by what I just experienced. It was such a weird feeling when the 18th hole wrapped up.

On the positive side. At least you'll get to see the first 10 holes of the course.

do you think anyone would notice if @mikeg_74 switches places with me on the first tee?

Back