2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Question for the team.... since it's shotgun start most likely what type of hole would you want to start out on if given the opportunity.

Par 3, short par 4, or reachable 5?

All three of these present the best risk v. reward type of shots and so I am curious what type of golfer you are right off the bat.
Long par 5. Gives me the most swings to break in the clubs and have a chance at shooting a variety of shots and distances to dial that in.

Question for the team.... since it's shotgun start most likely what type of hole would you want to start out on if given the opportunity.

All three of these present the best risk v. reward type of shots and so I am curious what type of golfer you are right off the bat.
I would say a par 5 has the most room for error. An extra shot to be made up should things go south.

ok Team THP...time to listen up...do not get @JasonFinleyCG more fired up. giving him bulletin board material (look one of those up millennials) isn't gonna help your cause...or at least don't tag him and hope the massive amount of posts are too much for him to follow and read every shot fired his way....

btw, rumors seem to show rest of the winning Zoo Crew team to be announced soon...stay tuned
I assume we're waiting on Lex to finish editing out her whoopsie moment?

I'm fairly ambivalent between the par 4 and par 5, but I suppose I'd probably go with the par 5 if I had to choose. Par 3 is definitely last on the list.

dye 4. cut off the bunkers. 6 or 7i layup. partial wedge for a birdie chance. tell finley his putt for double is good.

dye 5. woof, this one looks tough. probably try to draw it off the center bunker. 5 or 6i into the green. maybe a chutt and a putt for a tough par. accept finley's concession after he leaves two in the fairway bunker.

clive 4. driver at the water, should stop short. partial wedge for a birdie look. compliment finley on his ability to save double after he shanks his second shot into the water.

clive 5. driver up the left. partial aw onto the green for an easy 2p. act like i don't know finley when he bounces his tee shot off the roof of some houses down the left.

@McLovin doing prep work for The Grandaddy.

This is bothering the heck out of me, this hole. So from front to back of that tee box, it's 20yds long. All numbers I'm about to give are from the back edge of it, so one could adjust accordingly depending on how many yards the tees are from that edge. This is classic Pete Dye being an a*shole so for those who don't play his style of courses a lot, here are two things you need to know: Pete Dye is a %*@$. But, they look worse than they typically are, there's always more room than you think and he likes to visually intimidate you.

248 to the cut of rough before the bunker. 252yds to the front of that first bunker, 270 to carry the lip of it. 274 over it. 286 to the beginning of the second bunker, 293 to carry it, 296 to fly all of it. From the first cut of rough at the bunker, if you literally just dropped it there or a step back and into the fairway, you're looking at 179 front edge. Just in case those competing either don't have the firepower to challenge the bunker, or you prefer to guarantee you're not in them.

From cartpath to beginning of the left edge of the first bunker rough is 40 yards at its fattest point. 27 yards from first cut on the left to the left bunker rough. 16 yards of room from the right bunker rough to the edge of the fairway. You have a lot more room to avoid those bunkers is my point. Don't be afraid to aim up the left and fade it, or aim at the left edge bunker complex itself and draw it if that's your consistent shot.

No one ask what yardages would be like from the adjacent fairway. You're better than that. You have 71 yards from the right edge of rough on that first bunker to the beginning of the next fairway. That would be unnecessary and just leave you a 170+yds into that green, so maybe not take that as a bailout.

Last edited:
Clive #3 makes me more nervous than any other hole. I’m fade bias with a miss being way right. #gulp :oops:

Clive #3 makes me more nervous than any other hole. I’m fade bias with a miss being way right. #gulp :oops:

250 off the tee, cart path to right edge of fairway is 52 yards. You've got some room to send it friend, even with a 3w if you had to. More room than you think, just swing freely and you'll be alright.

250 off the tee, cart path to right edge of fairway is 52 yards. You've got some room to send it friend, even with a 3w if you had to. More room than you think, just swing freely and you'll be alright.
You’re not wrong there. Plus the fitter is gonna dial me in so I should be set to grab the rough on the right fairway a few feet from the water :LOL:

Who else is not working while hoping for the third Thursday in a row of an announcement of ZC team members?

There's a lot of water on the right throughout the course.... also on the left.... but definitely more so on the right.
I'm sure I'll be finding some then at the most in opportune time.
?

Will you be wearing a pair of Jordan golf shoes for said match? Seems like you have to.

wait, did i miss there was gonna be a pickup game?

1574378218462.gif

Oh my...

Back