2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Ohhh llooooooorrrrd! That's a solid zoo crew team but still have faith TEAM THP will rock it!

Dye 4: This hole is an absolute BEAST 527 yards of straight away terror. For me it takes a good drive just to reach the fairway, assuming I can do that and avoid the bunker on the right off the tee a good 225 yard drive still leaves 302 yards of narrow fairway guarded on either side by perfectly placed bunkers. I'd love to hit 3 wood for my second shot, but that brings so much trouble into play if I don't hit it well that I will probably go with my trusty 7 wood just to get something past the next set of bunkers and hopefully in the fairway between the final fairway bunker and the water on the right. Assuming I can do that I'll leave myself somewhere around 130 yards for my third. That's a good yardage for my 7H, but that little pot bunker just short, right in the middle of the green, is a magnet for my ball. Still a Sure Out 60 from there should find the green and a couple putts to finish her off and that's a hell of a 6, I'd take that on the tee and not even play the hole. 6 will win more that it will lose on this hole.

Dye 5: Another tough long par 4. The big hitters, and it sounds like THP has some of those, will have to decide whether to go right or left of the fairway bunkers if they hit driver, for me that's not a concern on my tee shot so I'll let 'er rip with driver. There is not a lot of trouble off this tee for me so I expect to be on the right side of the fairway with about 210 to 220 left. Coming off a 6 on the 4th I'll be feeling pretty cocky at this point so may just go ahead and let my 3 wood eat. If I do and I hit a decent one I'll be about 30 yards or so short. That's just a little flip wedge for me with my Sure Out 60, which I will likely catch a little portly and leave just on the front edge of the green, on in three! Two putts from there for a 5 and now I'm officially on the bogey train!

Clive 4: Not nearly as intimidating as 4 on the Dye, other than the forced carry over water, the fairway is nice and wide and I know if I hit a good drive here I've got a real shot at making my first par, but I can't get ahead of myself. I'm gonna say I crush one off this tee 230 after a nice firm kick in the fairway and now I'm staring down a 118 yarder for my first GIR. 118 is a great yardage for me just a real comfortable 8H and The Ocho is the best club in my bag. I'm gonna flag this on one to 20 feet, roll that first putt up to 5 feet and bear down and bury that one for my first parski, I love my TEN! BOOM!

Clive 5: Now I've got to try not to get too high, keep the emotions in check and keep grinding. Number 5 is another hole that is pretty generous off the tee with no water to contend with and I seem to usually hit good drives on this hole so I'm gonna say that trend continues, 225 right down the middle leaving me with about 150 for my second. A good solid 11 wood gets me there, but I leave this one out to the right and come up short in the bunker with the dreaded long bunker shot which proves to be even too much for my trusty Sure Out 56. I am able to get out of the bunker on my second attempt, this time with my Sure Out 60, and finish just off the green. Taking the safe approach I go with putter and end up hitting a screamer! Thank God I left the flag stick in as my ball miraculously slams into it dead center and comes to rest 2 feet from the hole, if I don't hit the flagstick my ball is gone and I'm well off the back of the green and quite possibly back in another bunker, clean livin I guess! That 2 footer is generously given to me and I save my double.

Good day at the beach sir

That's just a little flip wedge for me with my Sure Out 60

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Man that makes me so damn excited to follow this event!

Haha. Nice addition! I like the energy coming from team zoocrew. Going to be an amazing time had on both sides!

@JasonFinleyCG has assembled a nice little squad over there, but it won’t matter. I have full confidence in the 12 guys that will be representing THP. Make no mistake day 2 will matter because the ZooCrew will need it if they are going to keep that belt.

@JohnnyRodCG welcome back brother! Encantado para reunir nos y compartir en unas bebidas con los demás. Suerte para tu equipo porque el equipo mío viene para ganar el cinturón!

Aside from the JRod announcement, my favorite part of the team announcement videos is the internal trolling that most of our team members don't even see. Hilarious gut-punches in a wide open space that go unobserved. Incredible stuff. #browning #football

No offense to any other Zoocrew members, except ScottyG (just kidding Scott), but I'm most excited to see @JohnnyRodCG showing up. He was my captain at the first Gauntlet, and it was an absolute blast to golf with him. He's going to be a perfect counterpart to another one of my favorite people, @mikeg_74 .You guys are in for an absolute treat getting to be around him. Welcome back to the show, JRod!

Wow mind blown!!! I thought I saw him in the control room but wasn’t sure....then BOOM!! Welcome back JRod!

Looking forward to the Al video, he is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. To open his home to us THPers is something I’ll never forget. December can’t come soon enough!!!

welcome back to the big show super rod!!!!

also pumped to see matt browning, @TonyToulon and tyler shean getting called up. seems like a knee jerk reaction to the talent our squad is bringing. also appreciate @21Gonzo calling out brownings cap. she’s a smart lady, cuz i seem to recall a certain callaway video posted to youtube where pga professional alex noren ALSO called bullsh1t on brownings cap. hey, y’all do you.

I can't be the only one who winced a little bit when I heard Tony's name get called. Dude can flat out golf his ball, and I don't think it's allowed in the Toulon household to be a bad putter, so... Guy probably won't have a problem getting many gimmies, it's not like he was going to miss it anyway.

What are the chances that there's an asscap v. asscap match?

Amazing video. Finley is ruthless

The only thing I'd question is their interpretation of some of team thp's trash talking game. I think @McLovin Had been doing pretty good. And, @Snickerdog probably has @Luke WilliamsCG somewhat scared for his safety. Then, the panda buzzsaw that @DNevsCG stepped into. We have had some good moments.

I'm still not completely convinced MikeG won't be playing as a replacement after Snickerdog is served a restraining order.

I'm still not completely convinced MikeG won't be playing as a replacement after Snickerdog is served a restraining order.
1574393359008.gif

No freaking way! What a great addition in Jrod! Things just got kicked up a level.

So there’s 10 o clock Luke, 10:30 Tony, and top button Browning. And they’re giving team thp crap about milk??? Come on now.

I just can't imagine that happening after the awesome gesture of snickerdoodles that I sent. Oh wait, :censored:

Aside from the JRod announcement, my favorite part of the team announcement videos is the internal trolling that most of our team members don't even see. Hilarious gut-punches in a wide open space that go unobserved. Incredible stuff. #browning #football
There was no Internal trolling edog. I take offense to such accusation and demand a public apologyb

Back