2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Glad the special guest isn’t Steven Tyler, didn’t want to have to bite my tongue about how bad his band is all week.

Hey, don't let the works of Aerosmith be the wedge that creates issues within the team. :guitar:

Glad the special guest isn’t Steven Tyler, didn’t want to have to bite my tongue about how bad his band is all week.
The early years of Aerosmith were pretty darn good. They sold out in the eighties and the music suffered but there are some great songs.

Example

Wow. Gonna be awkward when they show up now to play al’s house

Think this is the first time a THP team gets to see the lethal combination of Luke and Jrod together. Wow.

Glad to see Slinger is back in the Grandaddy. He's the man!

Hmmm...I dunno about being past club champ but I can down some screwdrivers with the best of ‘em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know @Luke WilliamsCG said he could out drink you without trying, right?
I think you should take him to task at the Nest.

You know @Luke WilliamsCG said he could out drink you without trying, right?
I think you should take him to task at the Nest.

I see what you’re trying to do here ...#teamCallaway is on a united front! Together our efforts will make #teamTHP re-nest

I see what you’re trying to do here ...#teamCallaway is on a united front! Together our efforts will make #teamTHP re-nest

Ehhh. It was worth a shot. :LOL:
Glad to see you’re getting to plan to play in the event this year!

Please...no...

Dye 4: This hole is an absolute BEAST 527 yards of straight away terror. For me it takes a good drive just to reach the fairway, assuming I can do that and avoid the bunker on the right off the tee a good 225 yard drive still leaves 302 yards of narrow fairway guarded on either side by perfectly placed bunkers. I'd love to hit 3 wood for my second shot, but that brings so much trouble into play if I don't hit it well that I will probably go with my trusty 7 wood just to get something past the next set of bunkers and hopefully in the fairway between the final fairway bunker and the water on the right. Assuming I can do that I'll leave myself somewhere around 130 yards for my third. That's a good yardage for my 7H, but that little pot bunker just short, right in the middle of the green, is a magnet for my ball. Still a Sure Out 60 from there should find the green and a couple putts to finish her off and that's a hell of a 6, I'd take that on the tee and not even play the hole. 6 will win more that it will lose on this hole.

Dye 5: Another tough long par 4. The big hitters, and it sounds like THP has some of those, will have to decide whether to go right or left of the fairway bunkers if they hit driver, for me that's not a concern on my tee shot so I'll let 'er rip with driver. There is not a lot of trouble off this tee for me so I expect to be on the right side of the fairway with about 210 to 220 left. Coming off a 6 on the 4th I'll be feeling pretty cocky at this point so may just go ahead and let my 3 wood eat. If I do and I hit a decent one I'll be about 30 yards or so short. That's just a little flip wedge for me with my Sure Out 60, which I will likely catch a little portly and leave just on the front edge of the green, on in three! Two putts from there for a 5 and now I'm officially on the bogey train!

Clive 4: Not nearly as intimidating as 4 on the Dye, other than the forced carry over water, the fairway is nice and wide and I know if I hit a good drive here I've got a real shot at making my first par, but I can't get ahead of myself. I'm gonna say I crush one off this tee 230 after a nice firm kick in the fairway and now I'm staring down a 118 yarder for my first GIR. 118 is a great yardage for me just a real comfortable 8H and The Ocho is the best club in my bag. I'm gonna flag this on one to 20 feet, roll that first putt up to 5 feet and bear down and bury that one for my first parski, I love my TEN! BOOM!

Clive 5: Now I've got to try not to get too high, keep the emotions in check and keep grinding. Number 5 is another hole that is pretty generous off the tee with no water to contend with and I seem to usually hit good drives on this hole so I'm gonna say that trend continues, 225 right down the middle leaving me with about 150 for my second. A good solid 11 wood gets me there, but I leave this one out to the right and come up short in the bunker with the dreaded long bunker shot which proves to be even too much for my trusty Sure Out 56. I am able to get out of the bunker on my second attempt, this time with my Sure Out 60, and finish just off the green. Taking the safe approach I go with putter and end up hitting a screamer! Thank God I left the flag stick in as my ball miraculously slams into it dead center and comes to rest 2 feet from the hole, if I don't hit the flagstick my ball is gone and I'm well off the back of the green and quite possibly back in another bunker, clean livin I guess! That 2 footer is generously given to me and I save my double.

Looks like @Luke WilliamsCG has added a little pop to his game - must be the new golf balls

He's going to need something beside a new ball and a few drinks.

You really have no idea how badly this is going to end for you do you? You should check in with @JDax now for your support group you will need.

You really have no idea how badly this is going to end for you do you? You should check in with @JDax now for your support group you will need.
I've heard the rumors.

Im pretty sure given your choice in footwear, he would have had ample opportunities for a come back or seven.

Back