2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

After reading Luke's play by play, I would be incredibly intimidated. This is a man who doesn't mess around and is deadly with those hybrids.

@Luke WilliamsCG What model 11 wood are you playing?
And more importantly this is the internet, so is the shaft whippy?

You must have missed my WITB JB, which I posted right before my hole by hole breakdown, here it is again. I'd add it to my signature, but it seems a little long for that. As for the shaft I went with the Even Flow Green 59 R that is no A flex and clearly anything but whippy, more like rebar, when I'm swinging well though and it's warm out it's not too much shaft for me.

Driver: Epic Flash 12(D+2)(225): Even Flow Green 47 Reg, Tour Velvet Light Cord 58 Round upside down +2 wraps + additional 1 wrap in the right hand.
Fairway Woods: Epic Flash 3W(D +2)(190), 5W(D+1)(180), 7W(DS)(170), 9W(160), 11W(150): Even Flow Green 59 R, Tour Velvet 58 Light Cord 58 Round upside down +2 wraps + additional 2 wraps in the right hand.
Hybrids: Big Bertha 6H(D+2)(140), 7H(D+1)(130), 8H(DS)(120): UST Recoil ZT9 70 R, Tour Velvet Light Cord 58 Round upside down +2 wraps + additional 3 wraps in the right hand.
Long Iron: Big Bertha 9(110) 2 up: UST Recoil ZT9 70 R, +5/8", Tour Velvet Light Cord 58 Round upside down +2 wraps + additional 4 wraps in the right hand.
Short Iron: Big Bertha P(100) 1 up: UST Recoil ZT9 70 R, +3/8", Tour Velvet Light Cord 58 Round upside down +2 wraps + additional 4 wraps in the right hand.
Wedges: Sure Out 56(80) std. lie and 60(60) 1 flat: UST 65 Wedge shaft, Tour Velvet Light Cord 58 Round upside down +1 wrap + additional 1 wrap in right hand.
Putter: Stroke Lab TEN 35" Stroke Lab Oversize grip

@Luke WilliamsCG What model 11 wood are you playing?
And more importantly this is the internet, so is the shaft whippy?

The club does exist. I have seen it in the wild. Seem like it’s right up your alley. That comes in A-flex right?

You must have missed my WITB JB, which I posted right before my hole by hole breakdown, here it is again. I'd add it to my signature, but it seems a little long for that. As for the shaft I went with the Even Flow Green 59 R that is no A flex and clearly anything but whippy, more like rebar, when I'm swinging well though and it's warm out it's not too much shaft for me.

Driver: Epic Flash 12(D+2)(225): Even Flow Green 47 Reg, Tour Velvet Light Cord 58 Round upside down +2 wraps + additional 1 wrap in the right hand.
Fairway Woods: Epic Flash 3W(D +2)(190), 5W(D+1)(180), 7W(DS)(170), 9W(160), 11W(150): Even Flow Green 59 R, Tour Velvet 58 Light Cord 58 Round upside down +2 wraps + additional 2 wraps in the right hand.
Hybrids: Big Bertha 6H(D+2)(140), 7H(D+1)(130), 8H(DS)(120): UST Recoil ZT9 70 R, Tour Velvet Light Cord 58 Round upside down +2 wraps + additional 3 wraps in the right hand.
Long Iron: Big Bertha 9(110) 2 up: UST Recoil ZT9 70 R, +5/8", Tour Velvet Light Cord 58 Round upside down +2 wraps + additional 4 wraps in the right hand.
Short Iron: Big Bertha P(100) 1 up: UST Recoil ZT9 70 R, +3/8", Tour Velvet Light Cord 58 Round upside down +2 wraps + additional 4 wraps in the right hand.
Wedges: Sure Out 56(80) std. lie and 60(60) 1 flat: UST 65 Wedge shaft, Tour Velvet Light Cord 58 Round upside down +1 wrap + additional 1 wrap in right hand.

@Luke WilliamsCG I could have sworn you were playing a set of Epic Forged Stars and testing some tipped 40 gram bassara prototype shafts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dye 6: Tough Par 3 here, if you slice it you're in the sand on the right, if you pull it or hook it you're in the sand, if you dead pull it or duck hook it you're in the water. 147 is a very comfortable distance for me and my 11 wood so that will be my choice off the tee. If I hit a really great one I'll be in the middle of the green if I hit a good one I'll be just short on the right side and in the short grass between the bunkers, I'd drop one there and not even hit the tee shot if my playing partners would let me. Let's assume I hit a good one. That will leave me a pretty straight forward pitch shot which I will hit thin off the tight lie and end up in the back of the green. With the hole up front that is not the place to be a really good three putt from there and I walk off with another Double.

Dye 7: Another LONG Par 5 with water up the right side off the tee, my nemesis. Another wipey fade here will leave me in the water and another generous drop location from the Forecaddie and I'm out there about 230 off the tee lying 2, could be worse. Now I have to contend with the fairway bunkers for my second shot and hope to hit one far enough to be able to give it a go in 4. I pull my 5 wood because I'm more comfortable making solid contact with my 5 wood than my 3 wood and hit one up the left side that somehow carries the bunkers on the left, gets a massive kick forward and to the right and settles just left of center in the fairway (maybe the best 5 wood I've ever hit!). With that I'm 115 out with a great lie and a great number for my money maker The Ocho. I pull my 8H and absolutely flush it, doesn't even feel like I hit the ball it was so pure. Front right of the green and I'm dancing! Luckily the hole is also on the front right so I've got a very makable 15 footer to save par. Alas it's not to be, I cozy one down there 3 feet short and because my competitor just made par my putt is conceded. I'll take it for a 6, hopefully I'm back on the bogey train!

Clive 6: This is a drivable Par 4 for me too NoShanks, meaning I can drive the cart comfortably the whole way, but today I won't have to (that's called foreshadowing). Off the tee I will hit driver to set up one of my hybrids for the approach shot. The two bunkers straight away are deep and deadly, basically a two shot penalty if you get in them, so I will avoid them like the plague, they also aren't really in play for me since they are on the left side of the fairway and it would take my Sunday best to get to them even if I could hit it that far right. Coming off of double on the 5th I have got to make something happen here so I give my self a little pep talk and absolutely annihilate my drive (this new driver is RIDICULOUS!) it carries, CARRIES, 228 in the air and rolls out to 232, that's slightly up hill with no helping breeze! This leaves me with only 80 yards in, the only time I've hit from here on this hole before is when I've cold topped my second shot and gotten a good runout. 80 yards is just a stock Sure Out 56 and I pull that club with my confidence brimming. I put one of the best swings of my life on that one and just stick my second shot, to 45 feet short of the hole, my second GIR in the last 3 holes and the competition is taking notice. My caddie says "great shot" as he hands me my flagstick and offers to take the cart up to the green for me so I can take the sweetest walk in golf, a long one carrying nothing but my putter. Perhaps still jacked after back to back career shots I blow my first put 10 feet past the hole and take two more from there to walk off with a 5. A minor disappointment, but my competitor knows that it's game on now!

Clive 7: At 140 yards we've got another super long par 3 over water here, but my ball striking is really rounding into form so I step to the tee with a noticeable swagger and my 6H. Another textbook swing, that's three in a row, and I clear the water and almost make it all the way to the green, I catch Al's look as I'm walking back to the cart (Al is my host member in this imaginary round) and he says to me "Dude what got into you Tiger", which I have to admit is pretty cool, anytime anyone compares you to the Big Cat how can it not pump you up. I'm left with a tricky chip, because while the lie is great and I only have about 6 feet of fringe to go through it is slightly uphill, a shot which even scares Tour pros. I talk over my club selection with my caddie and finally ask him "What would Seve have done here?" he gives me a nod and hands my 6H right back to me. I've never tried chipping with my hybrids before, but if it was good enough for Seve it's good enough for me. Perhaps sensing that I have no idea how to hit this shot my caddie says "Just hit it like it's a putt." I try that and only flinch a bit at impact and sure enough I get it to the front edge of the green, even I'm impressed with myself now. With the hole in the dead center of the large green, I'm left with about a 30 footer for a par which I leave 10 feet short. My competitor leaves his 20 foot birdie putt woefully short, just in side of mine, and I throw a little "Good Good?" at him just to see if he'll bite and sure enough he does. He won the hole, but I saved my bogey and now I'm officially on fire!

I may have missed it. But does Callaway make custom Balata balls for @Luke WilliamsCG ? His game screams for them.

This is both fascinating and terrifying.
The grips might be my favorite part.

But I am glad you at least learned, Mallet Only.

I will have to make sure there are no substituted clubs or "extras" in the bag once we reach the Hideaway. :)

Glad to see Luke has the Ocho in the bag.

Clive #6, 7, 8 is an awesome stretch and a great opportunity to get (or lose) some momentum.

#FUO
(First Uber Out)

#FUO
(First Uber Out)
Good advice right here.

If you stay in the same hotel we did, there’s some great conversation areas in the lobby. I fully recommend stopping there after #FUO drops you off, and chatting with your teammates.

@KEV @dacatalyst41 @shanewu and I did that last year. It was pretty cool.

Good advice right here.

If you stay in the same hotel we did, there’s some great conversation areas in the lobby. I fully recommend stopping there after #FUO drops you off, and chatting with your teammates.

@KEV @dacatalyst41 @shanewu and I did that last year. It was pretty cool.
I think we solved some of the world's problems that night. It was a great way to end the night.

I think we solved some of the world's problems that night. It was a great way to end the night.
Of course we did. We’re geniuses, the lot of us. After all. We were on the first Uber out. ?

Always

Nine days.

we are in the single digits boys. 9 days and we embark on a life changing week unlike anything we ever have or ever will experience. i’m grateful beyond words that i will live this journey with each of you! such a perfect group of men that i am humbled to consider teammates, but more importantly friends.

Soooo you guys excited yet?

Soooo you guys excited yet?

it’s very surreal. i cannot believe how close it is. i have a pretty full week next week, so it will fly by.

our office is always closed the week of thanksgiving. so when it came time to leave work yesterday, i completed my time sheet for two weeks in advance since the grandaddy is the week after thanksgiving. then i set an out of office reply for being gone those two weeks. that was definitely a moment where the reality of how close it is truly set in.

Back