2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

We had to carry it over water on a par 4 or par 5 and I hit one of my best drives of the event. It felt glorious. I think we all striped it down the middle, which was cool.

This is what I am hoping for. One amazing tee shot to put my nerves to rest. Stand there with my golfers pose watching the ball bound down the fairway.

I have a suspicion the sand in my home course will be similar - @jdtox any I out there ? Although I don’t think you were in the sand when we played....

He was in the sand in the 12 holes I got to play with him after his cute little video.

ec8a2f9cb4852261df65e971deac063c.jpg

One of the Zoo Crew’s finest...

dd3238b4e747d0bf4a789f1f0c1ea908.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to find another victim. Such a shame he could not beat me in his time here! #TooEasy

Hopefully he gets replaced with someone that will give you action...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to find another victim. Such a shame he could not beat me in his time here! #TooEasy
I'm sure there are others looking to take his place. Just means getting to meet a new person. Would have liked to have met Aj though.

Good luck to AJ. He will missed for sure but it won’t deter the fun this group is about to have!

Awesome news! I’m finally out of tax season and will be trying to get a lot of good in over the next few weeks to sharpen my game for the Grandaddy! I’ve heard countless times that the completions is secondary to the event and the memories which I 100% agree with and buy into wholeheartedly. With that being said I know the whole experience will be 1 million times better if my game travels and I play well.

@JasonFinleyCG thanks so much for everything you and Callaway do for regular joes like us. You and your team definitely know how to make some weird interest friends feel special! That Penny email was...

So it’s basically beach sand, or sand that’s new to a bunker and hasn’t settled in yet?

I imagine it's what an Angel's pillows are filled with.

What was the first shot at hideaway like for you guys that have been there?

I hope I don’t top it! I might need to tee the ball up higher

I piped my first drive right down the middle with my Flash driver. It was a pretty awesome way to start the golf.

Oh, and this was the view when I looked to my right...
A603C700-2594-4C76-9FC6-4C92F363D6C9.jpeg

What was the first shot at hideaway like for you guys that have been there?

I hope I don’t top it! I might need to tee the ball up higher

I remember standing on the tee box and Harrys group was out there with us. They were ahead of us and that calmed my nerves a bit because we had a little bit of a wait and I saw a handul of shots prior to my own. I went GBB driver down the right side of the fairway. It was a great relief.

Seeing this on IG made me think of The Grandaddy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6E3133A3-C59A-4483-9EF5-EF359E8A6862.jpeg
What a fitting tee gift for my home club member-guest. This will come in handy for the Grandaddy!

I piped my first drive right down the middle with my Flash driver. It was a pretty awesome way to start the golf.

Oh, and this was the view when I looked to my right...
View attachment 8911555

looks like 18. I had that first tee shot myself

looks like 18. I had that first tee shot myself
I wanna say that was 10. Not sure. Water on the right, just barely in play if you hit a really really bad tee shot. i think my shot was on the roght side just over the water.

I thought the sand was fantastic. Exact same conditions on every hole. Nice and fluffy. Well, technically it was crushed marble.....

I thought the sand was fantastic. Exact same conditions on every hole. Nice and fluffy. Well, technically it was crushed marble.....

I’ve played a few courses with it. It’s very nice. That, and courses with it typically care how their bunkers are maintained, which is also very nice.

I usually play out of heavy thick play sand type bunkers full of rocks and maintained by lazy rakers that apparently don’t realize you have to take the footsteps too. Playing out of these immaculate bunkers is going to be interesting. I don’t mind the greenside sand if it ends up there but I’ll definitely try to get in that practice bunker if there is one. Generally I play that shot wide open and swing for the fences as it’s the only way you can power through the hard pack we have.

Looking forward to seeing how those bunkers play. Not that I hope to be in them, but I’m not afraid of some sand. That’s one of the areas I feel very confident about.

Looking forward to seeing how those bunkers play. Not that I hope to be in them, but I’m not afraid of some sand. That’s one of the areas I feel very confident about.
Not a fan of sand but I can get out of it, might just take a couple swings!!! :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of sand I think one of my favorite shots I witnessed last year was on the 16th hole of the day, a par 3. We were in the left green side bunker and my partner @dazeedmonds hit a fantastic bunker shot that left me with probably a two foot putt for par. I believe Finley and Pete has themselves an easy par already and probably thought they had the hole won considering where we were sitting. That was pretty clutch out of that sand.

Speaking of sand I think one of my favorite shots I witnessed last year was on the 16th hole of the day, a par 3. We were in the left green side bunker and my partner @dazeedmonds hit a fantastic bunker shot that left me with probably a two foot putt for par. I believe Finley and Pete has themselves an easy par already and probably thought they had the hole won considering where we were sitting. That was pretty clutch out of that sand.

Let’s not forget your amazing flop shot. I wish I had video of that. I really really wish I had video of @JasonFinleyCG’s reaction to that shot.

Let this be an example to Team THP 2019, you can make some KILLER shots with the new shiny!

Back