2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

I've been thinking you guys, esp. after processing the recent video and how the zoocrew team is selected. Zoocrew is already a work team (in the industry) and selection is for a winning team. In the video I could see that fire in @JasonFinleyCG's eyes. I have no doubt they will be very tough to beat. THPers are more of a serendipitous assembly with remote team development. But you guys can do this! The underdog against the titan is far and away the best story in sports. Zoocrew has all the pressure. If they lose, industry ridicule is a certainty. :p And if you guys win, what an awesome accomplishment. Now of course, everybody wins just by being there, but the wicked challenge of the competition makes it just that much better. Tick, tock, the days are falling away fast in the lead up to this. :love:

Can you tell me to restart my computer? If so, you might be a candidate.
How does “sorry it’s the application vendor causing the issues, can’t help you” sound?

Somebody take that milk away from Snickerdoodle, I think he has had too much already today :ROFLMAO:
I think I may have found what milk he's been drinking.

1358BCDE-9DE9-48A3-BE06-F3B80E63B901.jpeg

Where’s your sense of adventure?
The dude will eat chicken gizzards but apparently draws the line at lime aid. o_O

The dude will eat chicken gizzards but apparently draws the line at lime aid. o_O
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Going back to topic, I’m looking forward to hearing people’s setups. If they go with what they know, or if there are some pretty big setup changes from what they’re used to.

Going back to topic, I’m looking forward to hearing people’s setups. If they go with what they know, or if there are some pretty big setup changes from what they’re used to.

for me, it's going to be "here's what i play, here's what i like. now put stuff together and don't tell me anything." then look at the build sheet when we're finished. i don't want to know, i just want to hit it and see what works best. fortunately, my main focus is just irons and driver in the full swing fitting so i don't feel we have to go through that process for every spot in the bag. i'll defer to the fitter to fill in gaps we don't test.

This will be my first time having a full fitting of this caliber and am quite interested in seeing how that goes.

I'm going in thinking I'll likely be in a pretty similar setup, but I'm completely open to switching it up based on the fitter's recommendations. I'm looking for a lot of feedback because my current setup is based pretty much entirely on guesswork.

im really looking for the fitter’s expertise at the top of the bag. Should I be in a 9 or 10.5 degree driver? Wide open the shaft suggestions, too.

Im not a huge FW wood guy, I have a 5 wood currently but I’d be ok with a 4w in that spot. I also am not a huge hybrid fan but I don’t know what else I’d do after the FW And I’m sure I can’t hit a 3 iron. Maybe a utility? I’d even consider that in the 4i slot if it was an option!

i really love my apex combo set ... looking forward to see how the new stuff compares.

im really looking for the fitter’s expertise at the top of the bag. Should I be in a 9 or 10.5 degree driver? Wide open the shaft suggestions, too.

Im not a huge FW wood guy, I have a 5 wood currently but I’d be ok with a 4w in that spot. I also am not a huge hybrid fan but I don’t know what else I’d do after the FW And I’m sure I can’t hit a 3 iron. Maybe a utility? I’d even consider that in the 4i slot if it was an option!

i really love my apex combo set ... looking forward to see how the new stuff compares.

Super hybrid? Super hybrid.

Interesting thoughts so far. I think I’d stick with my setup as it is, as it fills the gaps from top to bottom pretty well. I think my biggest question would be would I go heavenwood cut to 7w length, or something like an adjustable sub zero 5w (if applicable in the lineup) and loft up?

for me, it's going to be "here's what i play, here's what i like. now put stuff together and don't tell me anything." then look at the build sheet when we're finished. i don't want to know, i just want to hit it and see what works best. fortunately, my main focus is just irons and driver in the full swing fitting so i don't feel we have to go through that process for every spot in the bag. i'll defer to the fitter to fill in gaps we don't test.
These guys are so good it is entirely possible that's how it may go down. It is how my fitting went. I never even hit a FW or hybrid because he knew what he wanted to put me in based on driver and irons (and I was agreeable to his plan). I also never hit a wedge for the fitter, we just talked about my playing conditions and how I like to use them. Other people's experiences were different. But it will all work out...these guys are the best of the best and they've seen it all, from total hackers to professionals.

In terms of setup, I don't expect major changes. While the fitting will be amazing, I don't know that there will be enough time to test different clubs and make wholesale changes to my setup. On top of that, I am not really interested in doing that either. Only 2 spots really up for grabs is the 3 iron/UT/Hybrid spot. I have really been enjoying the X Forged UT I currently have. It's not as long as a 3H. But, it is long enough. It gives me a lower option which I need in the winds we get here. The other would be wedges. I want a 64 in my bag. Plus, depending on irons, if I pick up yards, I will need to re-evaluate what the bottom of the bag looks like. Instead of a 52, I may have to go 50. Maybe stick with a 56, then to the 64. Initially, I planned on 52, 58, 64. But, I have a feeling my irons will be going further. It sounds counter intuitive, but I hope my iron distances stay the same. I hit my irons far enough for the game I play.

What I currently envision my setup to look like after the fitting would be:

SZ version of new driver (assuming there will be an SZ version)
SZ version of new 3 wood (again, assuming SZ exists)
Epic Forged 4 iron (because I hit it and loved the feel and distance)
4-PW of whatever iron I fit into
Wedges detailed above.

If I were a 4/5 wood instead of 3 wood guy, I would probably be pining over the Super Hybrid. But, having a 3 wood at the top of the bag makes more sense for the courses I play. Mostly off the tee and very rarely off the deck. But, I may see if I have time to put a few swings on it just to see what it's capable of. Was hoping to do so before the event. But, it sounds like they won't have any local before hand.

These guys are so good it is entirely possible that's how it may go down. It is how my fitting went. I never even hit a FW or hybrid because he knew what he wanted to put me in based on driver and irons (and I was agreeable to his plan). I also never hit a wedge for the fitter, we just talked about my playing conditions and how I like to use them. Other people's experiences were different. But it will all work out...these guys are the best of the best and they've seen it all, from total hackers to professionals.

i also know how my previous fittings have gone. i don't like to beat a bunch of balls. i want to hit 3-4 shots with each setup, maybe even less, and if i have one or two of my 'best' swings in that set, we'll use that for a baseline. if i can't make a decent swing, we'll move onto a different set up.

Super hybrid? Super hybrid.

Interesting thoughts so far. I think I’d stick with my setup as it is, as it fills the gaps from top to bottom pretty well. I think my biggest question would be would I go heavenwood cut to 7w length, or something like an adjustable sub zero 5w (if applicable in the lineup) and loft up?
I hope they can fit me into a super hybrid, could be really cool. I also really like @McLovin ‘s attitude of not knowing the minutiae and just going with their expertise...

if i had to put together my own bag today, it would be:

regular driver 10.5* loft with a 60g mid mid shaft
sz 4w with a 70g high high shaft
heavenwood or super hybrid no idea what shaft, maybe catalyst
5-pw, probably pro irons but totally open to whatever, either catalyst graphite or elevate tours
50s, 56w, 60w
10 double bend
chrome soft

I hope they can fit me into a super hybrid, could be really cool. I also really like @McLovin ‘s attitude of not knowing the minutiae and just going with their expertise...

Which I get, but also keep in mind, it’s what you feel you need setup wise. If you so happen to be striping 3i’s that day because of course, and they say you should have that in the bag, is that a smart play if you’ve never played a 3i in your life and you were just bored waiting your turn in fitting?

if i had to put together my own bag today, it would be:

regular driver 10.5* loft with a 60g mid mid shaft
sz 4w with a 70g high high shaft
heavenwood or super hybrid no idea what shaft, maybe catalyst
5-pw, probably pro irons but totally open to whatever, either catalyst graphite or elevate tours
50s, 56w, 60w
10 double bend
chrome soft

This is a very eerily similar bag to what I've got going on. I've got 2 hybrids and drop a wedge - I just don't use the 60 that often.

I think you're approach of taking a few swings and going with what you click with is a good one. I don't know if you're at all like this, but I know I can get used to pretty much anything if I'm taking a ton of swings with it and I can have a fitting go sideways that way.

Watching the fitters work was incredible. Took a couple swings with driver, wasn't great - he made a couple tweaks and I was hitting some of the best drives I'd seen in a while. Same went for fairways. These guys are incredible at what they do.

I would think/hope my current setup will be what they fit me into but with tighter dispersion and maybe some distance picked up.
Driver 10.5
3,5 and 7 woods (I don't play a 4 iron anymore, nor do I play hybrids)
Irons 5-PW Something new or Apex (I never got to play Apex but hit them and the are sweet!!)
50/54/58 for wedges.

Back