2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Well, at some point the rest of the holes are not needed
Don't think you will be getting over as easy this year. Predicting epic battle being decided on the 18th hole, unless @McLovin puts you away in 15.

Don't think you will be getting over as easy this year. Predicting epic battle being decided on the 18th hole, unless @McLovin puts you away in 15.
ok Team THP...time to listen up...do not get @JasonFinleyCG more fired up. giving him bulletin board material (look one of those up millennials) isn't gonna help your cause...or at least don't tag him and hope the massive amount of posts are too much for him to follow and read every shot fired his way....

btw, rumors seem to show rest of the winning Zoo Crew team to be announced soon...stay tuned

btw, rumors seem to show rest of the winning Zoo Crew team to be announced soon...stay tuned

Links at Petco playoff for the final 4 spots?

Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to hear who it will be!

Clive 4

Really it's whatever you want off the tee. It's 63 yards across at its widest point, and 211 to the first fairway bunker on the right, 267 to that farther fairway bunker complex on the right. Give yourself a second shot from the fairway, how you get there is entirely up to you.

Clive 5:

At 381, you've also got a few options. The landing size for most of the players is going to be around that 150yd marker, with a 40yd wide fairway to work with. It may look intimidating on the left, but you have as much as 50yards to work with if you play a fade off those left bunkers. 190 to the first or the two, 219 to the second. 230 to carry it. 295 to end of the fairway. I would probably say take a club that takes the bunkers out of play, and hit it hard. If you somehow roast it long enough to get into that monster of a bunker on the right, it's about 100yds long and goes all the way up to the green. Well done, I guess, if that happens? It's probably not in play off the tee for most of the people playing it, so it really shouldn't be something to be concerned about. Tee it high and hit it.

Dye #4:

Let the big dog eat. Hope to have a 4 iron or 3 UT into the green, maybe less should I smash one. I can't tell what is around the green. But, let's be honest. I am probably going for it anyways.

Dye#5

Driver down the left side, hoping for a 9 or PW into the green.

Clive #4

I honestly see two ways that look like options. if I am swinging the driver well at this point, I may just try to take it down the left side of the fairway and get as close to the green as possible. But, I see the layout and it screams 3UT to me and a wedge into the green.

Clive #5

Probably a 3 wood to keep it in the fairway and a wedge into the green.

Caveat: Reality may vary based on skill and drink count.

Dye 4: Driver, 8i, wedge in. If it’s team play and we have a nicely placed second shot. I might try for it with 3w off the deck if the driver was smoked.

Dye 5:
Driver, pray to avoid bunker. 5/6i in.

Clive 4:
Driver, then some wedge in based on drive.

Clive 5:
3w layup, PW/9i in.

I'm finally catching up on all these pictures. I think I'll just try to follow the white lines. 260 drive to the fairway, hit onto the green from there. I'll have to lay up on the long par 5s.

Really though, the Dye looks a good bit tighter than the Clive from those pictures.

Question for the team.... since it's shotgun start most likely what type of hole would you want to start out on if given the opportunity.

Par 3, short par 4, or reachable 5?

All three of these present the best risk v. reward type of shots and so I am curious what type of golfer you are right off the bat.

Haha, thanks @Luke WilliamsCG ! very valuable insight ;)

Time for holes 2 and 3!

Dye 2:

View attachment 8915735

Dye 3

View attachment 8915736

Clive 2
View attachment 8915737

Clive 3
View attachment 8915738

Dye 2: Feeling dangerous like Baker Mayfield and will hit driver to carry across cart path. Maybe 80 yards left for a nice soft 54* wedge onto the green.

Dye 3: Potential drivable hole for me with driver. If I hit it solid and produce a baby draw to generate additional roll, it'll be on the green. if not, simple chip on. At this point whoever is playing me in Zoo Crew will probably text @JasonFinleyCG in anger for pairing them with me.

Clive 2: 7 iron dart straight at the top of the pin.

Clive 3: Intimidating hole with trouble on right with beautiful looking houses that acts as magnets to your golf ball. But not intimidating enough to hit a fitted driver. Driver straight down the middle. Gap/soft PW onto the green.

Given that we have 4 holes to cover now, I will keep my responses shorter and assume everyone is up to speed on my WITB now.

Dye 2: My main thought on this hole is to avoid the water left off the tee and right of the green at all costs. So off the tee I'm hitting the big dog and my swing thought is "no quick duck hook, no quick duck hook, no quick duck hook..." Assuming again that I am playing well I figure I'll probably hit a little wipey fade off this tee trying to avoid the duck hook which will cost me some distance so my drive will probably be in the 210 range leaving me leaving me around 200 out, since I won't be taking the straight line, coming out of the rough. That'll make this a 3 shotter for me, unless I have a tremendous lie and a tailwind there is no way I can hit my 3 wood 200 yards. So I'll play smart since this is competitive golf and lay up. Gotta get it past the cart path and that last treacherous bunker so I'll hit my trusty 11 wood. A good one here back in the fairway leaves me 50 yards, which is a pretty stock 3/4 Sure Out 60 for me. Realistically with the water right I'll pull this shot and leave myself in the little swale left of the green. I'll putt from there to avoid skulling one over the green and into the water and making a big number, if I get that up on the green I should be able to 2 putt from there to lock in a double. Not bad on this challenging hole and often good enough for a halve.

Dye 3: This little hole has my number. You can't tell from the aerial view, but it plays uphill pretty dramatically especially the second shot. This is going to be my year on this hole though so driver 215 off the tee into the right side of the fairway leaving me 120 up the hill for my second shot, playing more like 130 or 135. This is an awkward yardage for me because I have to flush a 7H or take just a bit of the 6H, I'm gonna go with a hard 7H. Usually when I do that I get stuck on my downswing and flare it out to the right so I'll assume that's what will happen here. Just short and right of the green here is not terrible though and better than that bunker short and left. From there I'll double hit my Sure Out 56, but with the new rules this year it only counts as one, and sneak it on the front edge of the green (side note: this rule change alone probably saved me 30 shots this year and was instrumental in the drop I've seen in my handicap). In my imaginary round the hole happens to be upfront so I'm left with a straight uphill 10 footer which I lag up there 2 feet short and after marking and taking my time hoping it will be given have to putt it. I lip it it for a bogey 5! How do you like me now #3?

Clive 2: One of the most intimidating par 3's you'll ever play! Massive lake on the right which is just staring you in the face, this is where Ethan and the lefties have a HUGE psychological advantage. I'm pulling lumber on this tee, no point in trying to lay up short of the green and take the water, sort of, out of play because the landing area is so tight, on this hole you just have to man up and hit a golf shot. I'll pull 5 wood here because I'd rather be long that short, but it's hard to ignore the water on the right so I almost always go left. A thin low shot to the left will get me in the pot bunker, fortunately I'm pretty deadly out of those with my Sure Out 60. I'll play a chunk and run out of there over the rough into the fringe. One putt from off the green and two putts once on the green gives me a 5. Tough taking double on a par 3, but it is what it is, I stared the beast down and survived.

Clive 3: A straight away long par 4 with water running up the right side the entire way. I don't think I've ever not been in the water off the tee on this hole so I'll assume that's where my drive will end up this time too. Luckily the forecaddies tend to be pretty generous with the drop locations, so I'll probably get to drop about 30 yards further up than I should which will leave me around 200 yards in. Time to hit a step up! From there I will pull my 3 wood and give it all I've got. I'll PURE one up the left side to avoid the water and bunker on the right leaving me 15 yards short of the green. A simple Sure Out 60 and two putts for the old In N Out special on 2 and 3 Double Double. At least I've got three really difficult holes out of the way.

That'll make this a 3 shotter for me, unless I have a tremendous lie and a tailwind there is no way I can hit my 3 wood 200 yards.

I freaking love this.

If you are there, do you try to get 160 out of it, so you have that classic flip wedge?

Given that we have 4 holes to cover now, I will keep my responses shorter and assume everyone is up to speed on my WITB now.

Dye 2: My main thought on this hole is to avoid the water left off the tee and right of the green at all costs. So off the tee I'm hitting the big dog and my swing thought is "no quick duck hook, no quick duck hook, no quick duck hook..." Assuming again that I am playing well I figure I'll probably hit a little wipey fade off this tee trying to avoid the duck hook which will cost me some distance so my drive will probably be in the 210 range leaving me leaving me around 200 out, since I won't be taking the straight line, coming out of the rough. That'll make this a 3 shotter for me, unless I have a tremendous lie and a tailwind there is no way I can hit my 3 wood 200 yards. So I'll play smart since this is competitive golf and lay up. Gotta get it past the cart path and that last treacherous bunker so I'll hit my trusty 11 wood. A good one here back in the fairway leaves me 50 yards, which is a pretty stock 3/4 Sure Out 60 for me. Realistically with the water right I'll pull this shot and leave myself in the little swale left of the green. I'll putt from there to avoid skulling one over the green and into the water and making a big number, if I get that up on the green I should be able to 2 putt from there to lock in a double. Not bad on this challenging hole and often good enough for a halve.

Dye 3: This little hole has my number. You can't tell from the aerial view, but it plays uphill pretty dramatically especially the second shot. This is going to be my year on this hole though so driver 215 off the tee into the right side of the fairway leaving me 120 up the hill for my second shot, playing more like 130 or 135. This is an awkward yardage for me because I have to flush a 7H or take just a bit of the 6H, I'm gonna go with a hard 7H. Usually when I do that I get stuck on my downswing and flare it out to the right so I'll assume that's what will happen here. Just short and right of the green here is not terrible though and better than that bunker short and left. From there I'll double hit my Sure Out 56, but with the new rules this year it only counts as one, and sneak it on the front edge of the green (side note: this rule change alone probably saved me 30 shots this year and was instrumental in the drop I've seen in my handicap). In my imaginary round the hole happens to be upfront so I'm left with a straight uphill 10 footer which I lag up there 2 feet short and after marking and taking my time hoping it will be given have to putt it. I lip it it for a bogey 5! How do you like me now #3?

Clive 2: One of the most intimidating par 3's you'll ever play! Massive lake on the right which is just staring you in the face, this is where Ethan and the lefties have a HUGE psychological advantage. I'm pulling lumber on this tee, no point in trying to lay up short of the green and take the water, sort of, out of play because the landing area is so tight, on this hole you just have to man up and hit a golf shot. I'll pull 5 wood here because I'd rather be long that short, but it's hard to ignore the water on the right so I almost always go left. A thin low shot to the left will get me in the pot bunker, fortunately I'm pretty deadly out of those with my Sure Out 60. I'll play a chunk and run out of there over the rough into the fringe. One putt from off the green and two putts once on the green gives me a 5. Tough taking double on a par 3, but it is what it is, I stared the beast down and survived.

Clive 3: A straight away long par 4 with water running up the right side the entire way. I don't think I've ever not been in the water off the tee on this hole so I'll assume that's where my drive will end up this time too. Luckily the forecaddies tend to be pretty generous with the drop locations, so I'll probably get to drop about 30 yards further up than I should which will leave me around 200 yards in. Time to hit a step up! From there I will pull my 3 wood and give it all I've got. I'll PURE one up the left side to avoid the water and bunker on the right leaving me 15 yards short of the green. A simple Sure Out 60 and two putts for the old In N Out special on 2 and 3 Double Double. At least I've got three really difficult holes out of the way.

Question for the team.... since it's shotgun start most likely what type of hole would you want to start out on if given the opportunity.

All three of these present the best risk v. reward type of shots and so I am curious what type of golfer you are right off the bat.
Short Par 4 for me. Hopefully a good drive off the tee and a great chance of making par to get a good start. Generally can't reach a par 5 in two, and prefer to not start on Par 3, just a weird thing for some reason.

I liked our par 3-- was about the only highlight of that 9 haha.

All those words and not one reference to a "flip wedge". :(

@Luke WilliamsCG may have to change your game plan. @Snickerdog is our ace in the hole. The Milk Man is in the house and he's ready for the challenge

1574364133533.png

We also have this ready in case @Snickerdog 's victory celebration gets too crazy and we lose track of him.

1574364746089.png

Meet the milkman! Also, we refer to the wipey fade as the queefy fade so may want to update your vernacular.

otherwise, incredible post... per usual

Back