It should. In my opinion suspensions for Garrett and Rudolph should be matching
I am not so sure their suspensions should be matching, but I would be VERY impressed with the NFL if they suspended Rudolph for provoking both situations (helmet pull and helmet smash) with bad decisions. Even if it was just for one game.

I'm not particularly familiar with suspension logic in the NFL, but the decision making of a player reflect the suspension received?

Lots of talk about stomping, which I would assume would be on a defenseless player. Does the fact that Rudolph was deciding to engage and not being defenseless impact?
I’m thinking Pouncey’s kick to the head is somewhere in the range of stomping a foot so we can loosely figure Pouncey gets something in the range of those guys. Garrett’s action are unprecedented (?) so we can figure he gets more for using a weapon than other people got for using their feet.

Do tell what? Garrett in no way shape or form went after him. It was when Rudolph went back after Garrett that he made that horrible decision. But after the helmet was ripped off - Garrett appeared done with the situation. Probably would have had words with the linemen for sure, but Rudolph should have just went to the refs after and gotten the penalty. Instead he went after Garrett.
Did you see the same thing I saw? Rudolph was behind David DeCastro who was holding up Garrett... Rudolph wasn't close to putting hands on Garrett and if he did, that's an excuse to swing a helmet on a player?? Myles Garrett is 6'5" 280 and has his helmet on and Rudolph is a soft QB.... not a fair fight in anyone mind....even if Ruldolph gets there

deadly weapon :ROFLMAO:

Could you argue that the shoe that was kicking Garrett on the ground would be a deadly weapon? If used right, it's just as 'lethal' as the helmet.

Yes, the law would generally view them similarly. May not be phrased as a deadly weapon but as a dangerous instrument. If someone is assualted with a dangerous instrument and physical injury results it would likely be a felony assault.

It should. In my opinion suspensions for Garrett and Rudolph should be matching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a ridiculous take, there is zero chance Rudolph even gets suspended.

I am not so sure their suspensions should be matching, but I would be VERY impressed with the NFL if they suspended Rudolph for provoking both situations (helmet pull and helmet smash) with bad decisions. Even if it was just for one game.

I agree with this, so I did misunderstood your position.

It's almost as if some here haven't actually seen the video.

66 pulled Garrett of Rudolph. 71 was in the area and pivoted Garrett away from his QB but was actually behind Rudolph as the QB rose from the turf. At this point, almost immediately, 71 veers into another direction.

2 linemen were NEVER on Garrett prior to the helmet swing and 66 (DeCastro) is one of the finest gentleman in the league. He's obviously just walking Garrett back, removing him from his QB when Rudolph runs around his right side.

The helmet swing was a nearly instantaneous response to Rudolph's presence.

It should. In my opinion suspensions for Garrett and Rudolph should be matchingSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The guy who got hit with the helmet should be suspended the same as the guy who swung the helmet? No way. Rudolph’s actions were definitely wrong but I don’t even think his stuff reaches the suspension level.

This is a ridiculous take, there is zero chance Rudolph even gets suspended.

He is the primary antagonist in the situation prior to the helmet swing. That black eye on his team and the league is his fault.

I wouldn’t let him lead my team on so much as a victory formation, let alone in games. That display of foolishness and juvenile emotion is not the conduct of a leader.

He wants to act tough until it’s time to do tough guys stuff. Then he looks for the refs.

97af6b9e54892e7aa32dd30b2919f0ab.jpg
393415f56648ee779ff57ba3e4905c08.jpg
f8a69d30e2ac193b4c1b82dd9899ab5f.jpg
8415d9f930810248e56d4b25cd176888.jpg

Man what a bad game and even worse ending, but laughing at Rudolph throwing his hands up after chasing down Garret, starting more crap and getting hit .. should never have happened but comical he throws his hands up and looks around for the penalty then

Man what a bad game and even worse ending, but laughing at Rudolph throwing his hands up after chasing down Garret, starting more crap and getting hit .. should never have happened but comical he throws his hands up and looks around for the penalty then
I enjoyed that part too haha.. Instant karma with the helmet yank swap, then again when he gets decked by Ogunjobi :ROFLMAO:

I enjoyed that part too haha.. Instant karma with the helmet yank swap, then again when he gets decked by Ogunjobi :ROFLMAO:
Then he looks around like "what I do".. you think these guys would learn everything gets seen

Did you see the same thing I saw? Rudolph was behind David DeCastro who was holding up Garrett... Rudolph wasn't close to putting hands on Garrett and if he did, that's an excuse to swing a helmet on a player?? Myles Garrett is 6'5" 280 and has his helmet on and Rudolph is a soft QB.... not a fair fight in anyone mind....even if Ruldolph gets there
For the millionth time, no, nothing excuses what Garrett did....absolutely nothing. But to say this all happens without Rudolph running back after him is also laughable.

Steelers.. Kaepernick is on line 2.. He heard you guys like idiot quarterbacks..

For the millionth time, no, nothing excuses what Garrett did....absolutely nothing. But to say this all happens without Rudolph running back after him is also laughable.
Or the first attempt at a helmet pull (see: Rudolph).

I feel like the non "throw the book at him" posts need to have a "he DID make a terrible decision" disclaimer in the them haha

He is the primary antagonist in the situation prior to the helmet swing. That black eye on his team and the league is his fault.

I wouldn’t let him lead my team on so much as a victory formation, let alone in games. That display of foolishness and juvenile emotion is not the conduct of a leader.

He wants to act tough until it’s time to do tough guys stuff. Then he looks for the refs.

My original comment to your post stands. No one gets suspended for talking to a player or grabbing their facemask. I’d be willing to wager whatever you want that he does not get suspended.

Yeah, what you said.... the millionth time

My original comment to your post stands. No one gets suspended for talking to a player or grabbing their facemask. I’d be willing to wager whatever you want that he does not get suspended.
I would have to agree.. The QB's in the NFL are the poster children.. As much as I feel Rudolph was the instigator and escalated the situation I would be shocked if he was suspended.

Or the first attempt at a helmet pull (see: Rudolph).

I feel like the non "throw the book at him" posts need to have a "he DID make a terrible decision" disclaimer in the them haha

honest question, do you have the clip that shows him trying to pull Garrett’s helmet, because the video replays I’ve been able to see don’t have a good angle on the initial takedown and aftermath by Garrett.

It's almost as if some here haven't actually seen the video.

66 pulled Garrett of Rudolph. 71 was in the area and pivoted Garrett away from his QB but was actually behind Rudolph as the QB rose from the turf. At this point, almost immediately, 71 veers into another direction.

2 linemen were NEVER on Garrett prior to the helmet swing and 66 (DeCastro) is one of the finest gentleman in the league. He's obviously just walking Garrett back, removing him from his QB when Rudolph runs around his right side.

The helmet swing was a nearly instantaneous response to Rudolph's presence.
Exactly. I actually fully applaud the two that were there with him. They were handling it perfectly. Both just tried to break it up, when honestly they could have started swinging on Garrett in defense. But as you said, and your photos show, Garrett swung when Rudolph came back, he was actually walking away with the linemen breaking it up. Should have fully ended there.

and then garrett went full backyard brawl and has probably tarnished his entire career now, or at least his image.

honest question, do you have the clip that shows him trying to pull Garrett’s helmet, because the video replays I’ve been able to sees don’t have a good angle on the initial takedown and aftermath by Garrett.
let me see if I can find it. Was watching on Hulu Live and already closed app.

Losing a fight doesn’t mean you didn’t get in one....

Then again who cares... clearly not a starting quarterback in the NFL, or even a back up after his rookie deal is done.

Every linebacker in the league now knows he’s a child in terms of mental toughness.

Back