honest question, do you have the clip that shows him trying to pull Garrett’s helmet, because the video replays I’ve been able to sees don’t have a good angle on the initial takedown and aftermath by Garrett.
1573796697673.png

I really regret watching that game.. What a waste of time..

I'm actually going to back track on my thoughts on the Steelers lineman, as I feel like I was unfair to them.

#66 was absolutely outstanding in how he tried to deescalate the situation. Pushes him away without fighting him, and then after the idiot helmet swing, takes him to the ground and just kind of goes prone while others make bad decisions around him.

HUGE props for that. I'm very impressed.

Fox Steve Smith claims league has to suspend him the rest of the year and Joe Thomas agrees..... That's saying something is Steve Smith thinks league should suspend :oops:

It will be the rest of the season. As it should.

Both Baker and coach Freddie called him out personally post game in separate press conferences. I think the rest of the team handled it pretty well considering what happened.

He deserves whatever he gets.

Losing a fight doesn’t mean you didn’t get in one....

Then again who cares... clearly not a starting quarterback in the NFL, or even a back up after his rookie deal is done.

Every linebacker in the league now knows he’s a child in terms of mental toughness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know what kind of fights you’ve been in, but usually fists have to start flying for me to classify it a fight. This was far from a two-way fight.

Both Baker and coach Freddie called him out personally post game in separate press conferences. I think the rest of the team handled it pretty well considering what happened.

I agree, I applaud the coach and players with how they handled it, also thought Garrett handled his questioning better than expected.

I'm actually going to back track on my thoughts on the Steelers lineman, as I feel like I was unfair to them.

#66 was absolutely outstanding in how he tried to deescalate the situation. Pushes him away without fighting him, and then after the idiot helmet swing, takes him to the ground and just kind of goes prone while others make bad decisions around him.

HUGE props for that. I'm very impressed.

#66 handled the situation incredibly well considering it all took place in about 3-4 seconds and tough to make good judgement calls in that short of reaction time.

Is unfortunate though! Rudolph absolutely tried to pull off Garrett's helmet and that set the wheels in motion..... That doesn't absolve Garrett for losing composure..... After seeing the news conference and Rudolph's reaction he got what he deserved.... The difference in how Garrett handled his post game compared to Rudolph, I hope he's in the concussion protocol for the rest of the season..... to me Rudolph's comments were like a spoiled kid playing football

Is unfortunate though! Rudolph absolutely tried to pull off Garrett's helmet and that set the wheels in motion..... That doesn't absolve Garrett for losing composure..... After seeing the news conference and Rudolph's reaction he got what he deserved.... The difference in how Garrett handled his post game compared to Rudolph, I hope he's in the concussion protocol for the rest of the season..... to me Rudolph's comments were like a spoiled kid playing football
Agreed.

What was the tone from Rudolph and Garrett in the post game? Was too busy in here having fun with all you guys lol

#66 handled the situation incredibly well considering it all took place in about 3-4 seconds and tough to make good judgement calls in that short of reaction time.
I feel like 66 and 71 both handled it extremely well. Even after Rudolph got pushed the second time 71 was still not adding to it. 71 is also a very large human being, so I’m guessing he doesn’t take much crap from people haha

Have to agree. Of all the interviews after the game, Rudolph comes across as the worst. His references obviously to Garrett as a coward and bully are not helpful.

Agreed.

What was the tone from Rudolph and Garrett in the post game? Was too busy in here having fun with all you guys lol

Doesn’t two words outta Rudolph with a big $hi7 eating grin. “it was cowardly and bush league!!”

Agreed.

Rudolph was like, you saw the clip, I'm not going to be bullied by a guy, I didn't do anything.... Garrett owned it, said he lost his composure, fell into the trap..... Commended DeCastro by name for protecting him from other Steeler players by covering him up once he was on the ground

I feel like 66 and 71 both handled it extremely well. Even after Rudolph got pushed the second time 71 was still not adding to it. 71 is also a very large human being, so I’m guessing he doesn’t take much crap from people haha

That’s very true haha. On the other end of the spectrum, Pouncey has probably been just waiting for moment like this to kick a man while he’s down.

Agreed.

Rudolph’s presser was interesting in that he used the words coward and bully

Rudolph was like, you saw the clip, I'm not going to be bullied by a guy, I didn't do anything.... Garrett owned it, said he lost his composure, fell into the trap..... Commended DeCastro by name for protecting him from other Steeler players by covering him up once he was on the ground
Just saw a couple tidbits on espn. Holy crap is Rudolph ever fidgety.

Love Pouncey having an opinion on suspensions and then claiming he 'blacked out' after it happened. Yikes.

Have to agree. Of all the interviews after the game, Rudolph comes across as the worst. His references obviously to Garrett as a coward and bully are not helpful.
Makes you wonder if there was stuff said throughout the game between those two. It definitely seemed like that play wasn’t the starting point between them tonight.

Doesn’t two words outta Rudolph with a big $hi7 eating grin. “it was cowardly and bush league!!”

Absolutely ridiculous comments for him to make given the situation.... he was trying to clown Garrett as if he did nothing wrong....

With allllllllll of that being said. The Browns are 4-6. I didn’t get to go to the game because of some baby stuff so I DVRd the entire thing and got caught up right before our last td. Then.......the mess.

This is the first time the Browns have beaten BOTH Baltimore and Pittsburgh in the same season dating alllllllll the way back to 1999.

Wish I could celebrate that but I can’t because Mason Rudolph doesn’t like getting tackled and Myles Garret is a complete idiot. So dumb and inexcusable

Makes you wonder if there was stuff said throughout the game between those two. It definitely seemed like that play wasn’t the starting point between them tonight.

One can only speculate. Helmet to helmet hits during game, rivalry game, 4 interceptions, some of the factors to consider .

Just saw a couple tidbits on espn. Holy crap is Rudolph ever fidgety.

Love Pouncey having an opinion on suspensions and then claiming he 'blacked out' after it happened. Yikes.
Pouncey has been blacked out for about 5 years now..... brain dead mostly

Absolutely ridiculous comments for him to make given the situation.... he was trying to clown Garrett as if he did nothing wrong....
And that's the sad part. Garrett drops the helmet and decks Rudolph with a fist and we're all in here laughing at how stupid Rudolph is.

Ruining my fun, Myles.

Last edited:
As much as it pains me to say it.....If Rothlisberger was in the game that whole situation would never have happened. Even if it were the exact same circumstances.

Back